AIS a waste of time and money

kaorop

I don't know why I tried to get my AIS air card operating again, more fool me I know.

And wasted 1050 bht buying another sim and credit

Their automatic system does not work and doesn't even have the same options as on the net, total ridiculous
and beyond unprofessional

BTW They have no English speaking staff at night so forget about that,
AND they will keep you on hold burning your credit
while they make you wait to tell you this.

Although this is not uncommon with the rest of the bunch

Yeah yeah sure its all working for "you" but its not for me, they wont help me and I'm hardly a tech n00b

stupid is as stupid does with thai telcos
  • Like 1

We use AIS for our phones, and it's a very rare case for us to have a problem. But we use a DTac aircard, which works perfectly. We found out that everyone we asked in our area uses the Uses DTac, and stays away from AIS, when it comes to aircards. Oh, and it works with both Vista and OSX Lion.

I had an aircard for years without issues, other than reseting randomly. Actually had a few sim cards as I started and stopped using it over the time I had it... now I have a smart phone to tether which is better.

I found that it's best to go into an AIS store to have a chat with the staff rather than fight my way through the phone system. It's a good option if you can and want everything sorted quickly. Could take your computer (laptop) with the aircard and see if they can fix whatever issues you have.

As someone with experience with tech I'm sure you know that "it works for me" is so common so you shouldn't get your back up about it. However, you haven't supplied any details, so it's hard to help but here goes:

If you had the aircard software installed on your computer you should uninstall and run a clearer (I use ccleaner but there are lots of other options) over the registery (windows?) then restart and try and reinstall again. Assume you have a new 3G internet sim? it should charge 49 Baht per day automatically, if you don't have a plan.

Good luck :)

I have used a fast DTAC aircard with a CAT Sim for over a year now and it has worked a treat - 850 Baht a month unlimited and fast

Would appreciate a few more details.

Is the CAT SIM a contract deal and exactly which DTAC aircard?

Thanks in advance. Edited by Bpuumike

I have been with AIS for nearly 12 years now. I have never had any problem with them. Their customer service is first class. Far better than anything I ever received from a phone company back in the UK. You cant wrack up a large bill calling them as it is a fixed price per call regardless of how long you are online. Any problem that I have had was sorted out very promptly with a call back to make sure everything was OK. Their staff speak very good English as well. I'm puzzled as to why you had any problem ?blink.png

I have an AIS 3G Pocket WiFi 21.6 Mbps.  It functions similar to an aircard but will theoretically supports up to 10 devices.  I don't know about that but I have had 4 at one time, 2 mobile phones, a tablet and a laptop.  This devices works GREAT... I have had it for nearly six months - all over Thailand - North, North East and now Far South.  No problem functioning.  My mobile phone is on AIS too.   I have not had a better or more reliable electronic device ever.  The AIS service has been excellent too... very few if any complaints.

However, the packaging, confusing billing, etc. is just plain awful ...My local AIS franchise dealer said plainly in English - three times - that he feel AIS cheats customers routinely.  He argued with them for 30 minutes before they admitted they were wrong and set my account straight.   Frequently AIS takes my monthly package money 399 baht for the phone ... then within one week - shuts off my service on my mobile - no calling  or SMS.  I am forced to go top up at that time - when there is no possible way I used up my allotment as I may make one SMS and One call in that week... and no it wasn't that the DATA was turned on - it was OFF.  because I use the wifi and data on the pocket wifi all the time..  In short AIS billing is a giant scam -