Most community leaders support Prayuth as next PM: survey

Lite Beer

Most community leaders support Prayuth as next PM: survey

BANGKOK: -- Up to 84.3 per cent of leaders of 601 communities nationwide support National Council for Peace and Order Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha as the next prime minister, the Mater Poll survey of the Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Association has found.

The survey was carried out from August 2 to 9.

The survey also found that the community leaders were pleased with performance of the NCPO, giving it ratings of 8.55 out of ten for social affair, 8.18 for political affairs and 7.91 for economic affairs.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Most-community-leaders-support-Prayuth-as-next-PM--30240651.html

[thenation]2014-08-10[/thenation]

• Like 2

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying asking the people what they want..? Not the people with guns pointed at their heads.

Is it any different from offering 500-1000 Baht to people for vote buying...whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Figure of speech, I assume? The gun pointing that is, allegedly and so, as far as we're able to suggest under current rules ?

Pity really, as it would seem only the 'we want democracy (for Thaksin)' people are unhappy. Again allegedly, the 'only the' that is.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2

I do not contest the accuracy of this poll.

My own personal survey among Thai people where I live shows they are relieved that the "greens" have taken over if only because it has ended the constant deadlock, divisiveness and turmoil. Everyone was sick of it.

Upcountry -survey says -  they would vote PTP again if given the chance which is not very likely.

• Like 1

This country is still under martial law. And as such it is forbidden to speak against the coup or the NCPO, which includes the good general. Need i say more how accurate this poll is?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hang on. Both the PTP and the DEM's have been critical of the NCPO and it was widely reported. The NCPO have actually loosened it's media policy due to complaints from them so your narrative is in compliance with my above post.

Watch the excuses fly…..

• Like 1

This country is still under martial law. And as such it is forbidden to speak against the coup or the NCPO, which includes the good general. Need i say more how accurate this poll is?

Hang on. Both the PTP and the DEM's have been critical of the NCPO and it was widely reported. The NCPO have actually loosened it's media policy due to complaints from them so your narrative is in compliance with my above post.

Watch the excuses fly…..

If the poll showed result that were completely at odds with 'reconciliation' as the army wants it portrayed in the media - i.e.everyone completely behind the general and NCPO and their efforts. Do you think the poll would be published and publicized? Or not? 

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

As fabie would say, show us the facts to prove your claim.

Watch the excuses fly..

If the poll showed result that were completely at odds with 'reconciliation' as the army wants it portrayed in the media - i.e.everyone completely behind the general and NCPO and their efforts. Do you think the poll would be published and publicized? Or not? 

Of course it would!

Of course it would!

Tjeez man, get real. There would be no poll in that case. Also I fear we wouldn't be writing what we write now as 'results completely at odds' would suggest the junta/NCPO didn't have the support they and lots of Thai people claim they have.

Luckily lots of Thai seem really happy the military stepped in, even if that meant no elections for a while.

Now back to studying the interim constitution for restrictions put on the interim PM and 'selection criteria'. NLA members can't be NCPO members, but would the PM be an NLA member as well, auotmatically, implicitly ?

Alternative Headline:

Most Community Leaders "have survived for decades because they" Know on Which Side Their Bread is Buttered

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

No. You better shut up.

• Like 2

I think he would make a good PM, does not tolerate fools, is decisive, wants to bring law and order to the land and seems to have a good sense of what needs to change in the land. The problem would be what party would he be the leader of? At the present he leader of the Military Party and after that, well with his ways of rooting out corruption and the people who live there where would he find a bed fellowship? Cant see him shacking up with the Reds or the Blue sky gang as it would offend one or the other, that might leave the Democrats but that would anger the other two so he would have to form a new partyand at his age whould he want that, I wonder. I get the impression from watching him on TV that he wants to sort things out and retire, politicians age very quickly usually so its a tough 24/7 job ( yeah I know I dont like politiicians but I do give them their due here). If he sorts things out then I think he will have served his country very well, we should thank him for thatand let him retire a contented man.

• Like 1

Gen Prayuth is likely to be the PM Thailand gets.

The NLA will be so full of appointed retired and current military that it really wont matter which political party wins at the polls.

The new constitution will likely close loopholes and maintain the military's tight control over what any future elected government can do. It will prevent political parties and mobs (hopefully) from ever again running amok throughout the streets of Bangkok, occupying airports, obstructing elections, holding government house hostage etc. etc. ever again.

We can see a likely template of the future from looking at how things are set up currently in Republic of the Union of Myanmar. 

I still agree with the OP with an added point that if given a chance people would vote again for PTP.

Edited by 96tehtarp

Gen Prayuth is likely to be the PM Thailand gets.

The NLA will be so full of appointed retired and current military that it really wont matter which political party wins at the polls.

The new constitution will likely close loopholes and maintain the military's tight control over what any future elected government can do. It will prevent political parties and mobs (hopefully) from ever again running amok throughout the streets of Bangkok, occupying airports, obstructing elections, holding government house hostage etc. etc. ever again.

We can see a likely template of the future from looking at how things are set up currently in Republic of the Union of Myanmar. 

I still agree with the OP with an added point that if given a chance people would vote again for PTP.

It would seem it is very likely that you are very sure about your likely vision.

BTW I would like to change your last sentence a wee bit into "if given a chance some people would vote again for PTP". Personally I think that likely wink.png

• Like 1

Politics and polls in Thailand

You mention the discovery of prime protected timber buried 3 meters under the surface in the garden of family member of a PTP figure and the majority of voters cry foul

When offered 100 bath the poll shows they cry conservation victory!

Politics @ the Edge!

Relative to this is the loosely used word Democracy , quite obviously the community leaders have lost sight already of the fact the reason why General Prayuth is where he is, is because Thai Democracy was abused to such an extent that something had to be done, that doesn't necessarily endorse a General as a Prime Minister, you go down that road it could be interpreted that the Junta is still in control, Generals, generally do just that command armed forces Retired one's should be just that retired ,there is a place for everything, Generals for P.M. in Thailand conveys the wrong message, there are fine candidates out there all you need to do is encourage them to place their names forward.  coffee1.gif  

Relative to this is the loosely used word Democracy , quite obviously the community leaders have lost sight already of the fact the reason why General Prayuth is where he is, is because Thai Democracy was abused to such an extent that something had to be done, that doesn't necessarily endorse a General as a Prime Minister, you go down that road it could be interpreted that the Junta is still in control, Generals, generally do just that command armed forces Retired one's should be just that retired ,there is a place for everything, Generals for P.M. in Thailand conveys the wrong message, there are fine candidates out there all you need to do is encourage them to place their names forward.  coffee1.gif  

Well, at least we already have a list of names some people objected to. Wasn't it former Pheu Thai party list MP and former Dept. Minister of Agriculture UDD co-leader Nattawut who give the list?