Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2014-2015

naboo

It smacks of staggering stupidity that Ashley is keeping on Carver.

Relegation for Newcastle sparking the end for Ashley? If i were a georgie and relegation helped build some sort of a mechanism to oust Ashley i'd think it worthwhile.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Newcastle might just stay up, even without winning any more points till the end of the season. Then they'll have Pardew to thank for it, though it's doubtful there's enough good grace amongst Newcastle fans for that to happen. They never accepted Pardew and hounded him out of his job. You reap what you sew.

I think Newcastle might just stay up, even without winning any more points till the end of the season. Then they'll have Pardew to thank for it, though it's doubtful there's enough good grace amongst Newcastle fans for that to happen. They never accepted Pardew and hounded him out of his job. You reap what you sew.

Carver a disastrous appointment. He clearly doesn't have the dressing. Players playing with no pride, hiding in games. Shocking state of affairs.

Mike Ashley is a wart on the arse of football.

It smacks of staggering stupidity that Ashley is keeping on Carver.

Relegation for Newcastle sparking the end for Ashley? If i were a georgie and relegation helped build some sort of a mechanism to oust Ashley i'd think it worthwhile.

Ashley's offices got raided in connection with the Rangers saga...

little bit of needle there?wink.png

Oooh that's a pointed comment.

Oooh that's a pointed comment.

one in the eye for champers.

i think Newcastle will be relegated.

Does anyone think that Mike Williamson wanted to get sent off? From what I saw, Vardy took the piss out of him throughout the game (you could see Williamson getting very frustrated with himself) and Williamson got to a point where he just wanted retribution. There's just enough you can take and Williamson had had his fill of the little barsteward.

Does anyone think that Mike Williamson wanted to get sent off? From what I saw, Vardy took the piss out of him throughout the game (you could see Williamson getting very frustrated with himself) and Williamson got to a point where he just wanted retribution. There's just enough you can take and Williamson had had his fill of the little barsteward.

It doesn't matter, he was on a booking.

Five minutes to go and it looks like Hull will lose. Shame - I have no love of Hull and don't particularly like Steve Bruce but they are the only Yorkshire team up there.

That allows Villa to stay up. Shame - I wanted the pressure to stay on them and their gobby manager prior to the FA Cup final.

That will allow Leicester or Sunderland to stay up. Good if it's Leicester - remarkable late run and I've liked their football all season. On the other hand if Sunderland get a late goal to win then they stay up and will not care much about taking points off us mid-week. 4th, and no better season (possibly worse) than last season, is still on the cards for Arsenal

Premier League Manager of the Year award coming soon.

Robbie Savage irritates the $hit out of me, but he's not far off with his choices on this occasion (source Beeb):

1. Mourinho

2. Pearson

3. Koeman

4. Monk

5. Hughes

I think I would have put Pardew in at 5 (or even 4) rather than Hughes. On reflection there are a number of managers at the top end who have performed sub-expectation (Pellegrin, vanGaal) or as expected (Wenger). Actually, Mourinho has probably performed as expected (that's not to say I enjoy watching the product!), but his pre-season Summer strategy/delivery was masterful in its focus. Most disappointing (apart from the rejects like Lambert and Redknapp) - Poccetino - but I expect him in the top 5 next year.

Now shoot me down!

The manager of the season is Ronald Koeman, And by a distance too.Only a twot like Robbie Savage would pick the manager with the best squad and the pre season favourites.

Thought Gary Monk had a great first season too.

The manager of the season is Ronald Koeman, And by a distance too.Only a twot like Robbie Savage would pick the manager with the best squad and the pre season favourites.

Thought Gary Monk had a great first season too.

Totally agree. If being Manager of the season was picked because your club won the prem then Pellegrini should have got it last year when he won it in his first season. Also Mancini a couple of seasons prior to that. Mourinho is in his second season (2nd time round) and as you say they were pre-season favourites.

I hope they get relegated. I have nothing against the Geordies. I just hate that fat <deleted> Ashley.

I hope they get relegated. I have nothing against the Geordies. I just hate that fat <deleted> Ashley.

I feel exactly the same way. Unfortunately Hull probably blew it when they lost to Burnley

Hopefully other teams will do their duty by Ashley today.

No the manager of the year saga....I think it should go to the French ponce for almost winning the league.

Just to see his prance up on to the stage......he can be pictured outside with Terry trying to get in the shot.

No the manager of the year saga....I think it should go to the French ponce for almost winning the league.

Just to see his prance up on to the stage......he can be pictured outside with Terry trying to get in the shot.

I think it should go to Poch for taking a ragtag bunch of sunday league footballers and fighting his way into Europe.

Thursday is Spursday!

biggrin.png

I think it should go to Poch for taking a ragtag bunch of sunday league footballers and fighting his way into Europe.

Thursday is Spursday!

biggrin.png

Damn you made me think of Sally James....laugh.png

Just to get back on topic: Jurgen Klopp's odds have plummeted for the Brentford job. Also, Paul Clement to be the next Derby manager.

Why on earth would Klopp go to Brentford? Is this a joke?

Just to get back on topic: Jurgen Klopp's odds have plummeted for the Brentford job. Also, Paul Clement to be the next Derby manager.

Why on earth would Klopp go to Brentford? Is this a joke?

That's what I thought too. Just passing on what is being reported on the BBC. It's a bit stage left, but isn't Klopp?

Thursday is Spursday!

biggrin.png

Damn you made me think of Sally James....laugh.png

I didn't, I just think you have a filthy mind.

w00t.gif

Derby County have terminated the contract of head coach Steve McClaren with immediate effect.

The former England manager, who had been in charge at Pride Park since September 2013, was reported to be negotiating the terms of his departure earlier in the hours before his exit was confirmed.

McClaren has been linked with a move to manage Newcastle United but does not think that speculation impacted on the results of Derby, who failed to finish in the play-offs, and says he was not attempting to engineer a move away from the club.

In a statement he said: “I’m very disappointed with the decision, especially as I have on three occasions reiterated my commitment to Derby County.

“The club means a huge amount to me, and I was not looking to leave. While we were all unhappy with the way the season ended, I still believe real progress was being made.

“I do not believe or accept that rumours linking me to the Newcastle United job were a factor in the team’s performances this year, as had been alleged.

“I wanted to remain with the club and was confident in leading the side to a successful season next year. However, I have to accept the club’s owner,Mel Morris, wants to take a new direction.

A statement on the Derby County web site said: "The decision follows a thorough review of the 2014/15 season by the club’s board of directors.

"The board believes that the appointment of a new head coach is required to continue the club’s on-field progress and the search is now underway to appoint a successor.

"The board remains firmly committed and driven to achieving promotion to the Premier League.

"The club would also like to take this opportunity to wish Steve McClaren well for the future and thank him for his work throughout his tenure, which included a play-off final appearance in 2014."

Real Madrid coach Paul Clement is Sky Bet's odds-on favourite for the role at 1/3.

Bloody hell, izzy wizzy let's get busy!

Nigel Clough has been sacked as the manager of Sheffield United.

The Blades reached the semi-finals of the Capital One Cup but finished fifth in League One and failed to gain promotion through the play-offs.

A statement on the club's website said: "A change in direction was necessary for the forthcoming season."

Clough, 49, had managerial spells at Burton Albion and Derby County manager before replacing David Weir at Bramall Lane in October 2013.

i just can't believe the board at Sheffield Utd sacking Nigel Clough.

%th place, in the play offs and a great cup run. Whats that all about.

I hope they are relegated next season. Its a decision that embodies what is so wrong in the hire/fire football mentality.

I won't use Real Madrid as an example because they are little more than some fantasy club created by ego maniacs and run by ego maniacs

Archived