Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2014-2015

naboo

It should never be forgotten that QPR are part owned by someone with enough money to compete with City & Chelsea - if he chooses to. He hasn't yet. QPR could still turn out to be a force in the game. It seems unlikely at the moment, but tomorrow is another day. A new stadium is in the offing and it will be Premier League standard. Just needs a team to match.

No way Champers. FFP restrictions mean they would not be able to invest in the same way. Unless they were happy not to play in Europe of course but then what would be the point. FFP is there to keep the smaller teams away from sitting at the big table.

Oh rubbish, it's there to stop the wealthy running away with the top clubs.

Next stop, rubbish super league that no-one wants.

And a whole host of other clubs that go bankrupt trying to compete.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should never be forgotten that QPR are part owned by someone with enough money to compete with City & Chelsea - if he chooses to. He hasn't yet. QPR could still turn out to be a force in the game. It seems unlikely at the moment, but tomorrow is another day. A new stadium is in the offing and it will be Premier League standard. Just needs a team to match.

No way Champers. FFP restrictions mean they would not be able to invest in the same way. Unless they were happy not to play in Europe of course but then what would be the point. FFP is there to keep the smaller teams away from sitting at the big table.

Oh rubbish, it's there to stop the wealthy running away with the top clubs.

Next stop, rubbish super league that no-one wants.

And a whole host of other clubs that go bankrupt trying to compete.

That seems to be about the only thing FFP is good for. I'm all for owners not being able to stack up the loans against a club, so that should they walk away they leave the club bankrupt. But why can an owner not be able to gift the club with as money as he wants, if his dream is to buy the best players and compete with the big clubs? As long as he cannot leave the debt with the club, I don't see a problem.

Sunderland's Gus Poyet SHOULD be next. Plonker of the highest order.

Yes, he's helped us win 4 straight matches against the filth up the road, and we got to a cup final last season, but the guy is mostly clueless and constantly blames the fans for his lack of tactical astuteness.

Would rather get rid of him and go down than stay up and have to endure his dull football philosophy for another season.

He's a dead man walking with around 70% of the fans now.

Club statement: Paul Lambert
Latest from B6.
11th Feb 2015
0,,10265~8898512,00.jpg

Aston Villa Football Club has parted company this evening with manager Paul Lambert.

First-team coach Scott Marshall and goalkeeping coach Andy Marshall will continue to prepare the squad for Sunday's FA Cup tie with Leicester City at Villa Park.

The club would also like to place on record its thanks to Paul and take this opportunity to wish him every success in the future.

The club will announce a new manager in due course.

There will be no further comment from the club at this stage.

BeIn Sports 11? I'd rather watch the Soton West Ham game but they've got in Blether again.

Last night it was "wahaba ach ach wahab ach Flim Flam wahab wahab" I shit you not!

biggrin.png

biggrin.pngbiggrin.png I can't change the language on my set box, if I'm watching any football not on 11 I'm screwed.

Chelsea should have had 10 here, how's City doing Boj

Not really a surprise.

Surprised he lasted this long

In his last post match interview, he looked a broken man.

I didn't see the post match interview but he looked a broken man during the game whilst sat on the bench. We all know it's a results game but it's never pleasant seeing anybody in that state. Good luck to him.

I believed he`d recentlybSigned a new deal taking him up 2 2018 ish so he'll walk with?after neg`swhat ,,,,? Maybe £3 mil minimum!!.yeah he`s having it real tuf.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile a

Tim Sherwood is the new manager at Aston Villa. Should be interesting, one way or another.

Yes he's a character is Sherwood but he just has to learn to be less gobby. Has to keep his mouth shut a bit more. Frankly, at times his off the cuff comments are embarrassing.

Personally i can't wait to see his array of tactics that only Tim would do! I know he has his admirers on the Spurs thread but i'm not particularily one of them and i suspect many Villa fans will be rather concerned by this appointment, especially with his limited six month managerial experience. However what he will do is focus on the Villa youth and this may have weighed heavily in his favour with Lerner. So a lot may depend on the strength of talent in their academy.

However what he will do is focus on the Villa youth and this may have weighed heavily in his favour with Lerner. So a lot may depend on the strength of talent in their academy.

Not sure he's got much choice, Lerner is tighter than Deadly Doug!

Tim Sherwood is the new manager at Aston Villa. Should be interesting, one way or another.

Yes he's a character is Sherwood but he just has to learn to be less gobby. Has to keep his mouth shut a bit more. Frankly, at times his off the cuff comments are embarrassing.

Personally i can't wait to see his array of tactics that only Tim would do! I know he has his admirers on the Spurs thread but i'm not particularily one of them and i suspect many Villa fans will be rather concerned by this appointment, especially with his limited six month managerial experience. However what he will do is focus on the Villa youth and this may have weighed heavily in his favour with Lerner. So a lot may depend on the strength of talent in their academy.

Didn't Lambert focus on youth as well? I remember a couple of seasons ago when the studio judges were talking about 'more experience' being needed in the team and that these youngsters will be better in two seasons. They weren't and Lambert was slung out.

Archived