How much Thai currency can you carry into Thailand

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thanks mate , I'm getting mixed up with How much you can carry out and reporting what you are taking out , so as long as you tell them you can take what you like really

Sir,
i apologise for my bad English (third language). please tell me which part of my posting you don't understand and i will try harder.

wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif alt=wai2.gif width=20 height=20>

No, no , no, no, no , Its me not you buddy. I understand you fully . My second language is English , I come for London ;0)

• Like 1

Thanks , I think if you are leaving a country with Foreign currency you don't have to report it , US is probably different, anti terrorism and such , I'll be coming from Malaysia so I'll check it out, cheers again

I would think again.......

A woman was recently arrested carrying 30 million baht out!

US was not in the original question.

I was told the limit to take out of Thailand was 50,000 baht, bringing it in I believe is the same.

OP... can you bring in US$, £STLG or Euro, unlimited if declared.

The limit to take Thai baht OUT of Thailand is actually 500,000 (as was stated in that same article about the Laos lady being arrested trying to 'smuggle' out 30,000,000Baht), I also believe it is an unlimited amount to bring Thai Baht into Thailand

Further checking we are both right. And I am wrong about how much one can bring in... although one might ask how you took it out in the first place!

One to watch out for....

Local Currency.

There is no restriction on the amount of Thai baht bank notes that may be brought into the country. A person traveling to Thailand's bordering countries including Vietnam is allowed to take out up to THB 500,000 and to other countries up to THB 50,000, respectively, without authorization.

Source

At my age I should be able to read better!

Perhaps twice as much for falangs..haha!

Did it this Morning with HSBC cost me 51885. Which saved me 2000RM or 20,000 Baht on the BKK Bank Malaysia to BKK Bank Thailand price

Would have save a further 1000RM , 10000 baht had i done it with the money changer but then I'd have to be travelling with half a million baht in my bag