Looking to buy oven.

mcyachty

We bought the Zanussi from Robinsons, it worked so well that we bought a second one for the MIL's house, about 3,400 baht. The first one gets used daily and is still going strong after two years.

That is the same brand I have also bought at Robinsons, fairly large free standing unit - they're a branch of Electrolux . It has a rotisserie and fans internal and top/bottom elements. I paid somewhat over 3,000 for the model shown below. I've done cakes, large broiled pork roasts, made cinnamon rolls, etc successfully. Running well after 2 1/2 years now and used very often.

Tin can for size perspective

post-566-0-99519500-1407863520_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

We bought the Zanussi from Robinsons, it worked so well that we bought a second one for the MIL's house, about 3,400 baht. The first one gets used daily and is still going strong after two years.

That is the same brand I have also bought at Robinsons, fairly large free standing unit - they're a branch of Electrolux . It has a rotisserie and fans internal and top/bottom elements. I paid somewhat over 3,000 for the model shown below. I've done cakes, large broiled pork roasts, made cinnamon rolls, etc successfully. Running well after 2 1/2 years now and used very often.

Tin can for size perspective

attachicon.gifZanussi.jpg

Got the same one, it's excellent and used daily.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Thanks to the OP for this topic and the members that have replied as I have been looking for a good oven.

How is the Zanuzzi for making Pizza?

And the Buffalo that complained about this thread, please go and play in another sand pit.

Thanks

Thanks to the OP for this topic and the members that have replied as I have been looking for a good oven.

And the Buffalo that complained about this thread, please go and play in another sand pit.

Thanks

Pizza you need a pizza stone or some kind of brick oven or the oven below. For a complete discussion google pizza stone or buy the oven below for about $1500 (I think but not sure).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkFrsUP9QUU

We bought one from Macro. We simply bought the biggest they had and appeared to be well built. Cost about 6000 and works great. The wife just finished baking her birthday cake in it tonight and did a great job. We do roasts and bake a lot of cakes and other things regularly and never a problem with uneven heat or anything else. I think the brand name is House Worth. Had for close to a year and use a lot as I said never a problem.

We bought one of the smaller Home Worth units there and are happy with it. Have to put an empty try on the very bottom shelf though to avoid the direct heat from the elements burning what you are cooking, but once we started doing that, it works very well.

We went with the Toshiba ER-GD400C, which cost at the time about ฿28,000. 33 liter capacity, microwave, grill, convection, steam and supersteam. It is a great oven with even cooking and reliable controls. We use it everyday for fish, chicken, bread, and reheating. Of course, it's not necessary to have all the doodads, but it's nice to have the flexibility of different cooking methods. In particular, I use the supersteam function for the first period of baking bread before switching to convection to imitate the commercial bread ovens that inject steam for the first five minutes to enable more oven rise. Works pretty well. One of the best purchases we have made here.

2014802.jpg

Thanks

Pizza you need a pizza stone or some kind of brick oven or the oven below. For a complete discussion google pizza stone or buy the oven below for about $1500 (I think but not sure).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkFrsUP9QUU

No, to my surprise an cheapo infrared grill can make a good pizza. Important is that you turn it on to maximum and wait till it is fully hot before you put in the pizza.

Sure it always could be better but it works good enough

We went with the Toshiba ER-GD400C, which cost at the time about ฿28,000. 33 liter capacity, microwave, grill, convection, steam and supersteam. It is a great oven with even cooking and reliable controls. We use it everyday for fish, chicken, bread, and reheating. Of course, it's not necessary to have all the doodads, but it's nice to have the flexibility of different cooking methods. In particular, I use the supersteam function for the first period of baking bread before switching to convection to imitate the commercial bread ovens that inject steam for the first five minutes to enable more oven rise. Works pretty well. One of the best purchases we have made here.

2014802.jpg

sounds good.....I tried to poor in a coup of water instead and doesn't seem to work well (steam-->goes out and dry again).

All we've done is reheat pizza = good // made some improptu pizza with sour dough bread and pizza ingredients many times and worked just fine // with a squarish pan I'm sure it work just fine.....

I did use it one time to steam whane our BBQ wet smoker broke a hose (which I am still trying to find) I finished the chicken in the oven filling the pan with water to steam.....was a little nervous of all the steam but both the oven and I + the chicken/food survived.....probably not a good thing to make a habit of for many reasons but it did rescue that meal with people waiting.....

Edited by pgrahmm

2014802.jpg

sounds good.....I tried to poor in a coup of water instead and doesn't seem to work well (steam-->goes out and dry again).

You can get good crust in a regular home oven. Just use a spray bottle to spray a lot of water on the loaf just before you put it in the oven. The water will evaporate off, but it's only needed to keep the outside of the dough soft during the initial oven rise so that it will rise as much as possible. Later in the baking process you want the crust to get crispy, unless you are making something like focaccia. Some people prefer the method of putting a frying pan on the floor of the oven and letting it preheat. Then put the loaf in and then toss a cup of water on the now-hot frying producing a burst of steam. That works, but you can get burned if you are not careful.

All we've done is reheat pizza = good // made some improptu pizza with sour dough bread and pizza ingredients many times and worked just fine // with a squarish pan I'm sure it work just fine.....

I did use it one time to steam whane our BBQ wet smoker broke a hose (which I am still trying to find) I finished the chicken in the oven filling the pan with water to steam.....was a little nervous of all the steam but both the oven and I + the chicken/food survived.....probably not a good thing to make a habit of for many reasons but it did rescue that meal with people waiting.....

sour dough pizza....is that original?

licklips.gif.pagespeed.ce.v-hsVd-Wpu.gif

My sour dough bread starter culture always got thrown into the junk by the home-maid facepalm.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

My sour dough bread starter culture always got thrown into the junk by the home-maid alt=facepalm.gif>

Nope = not original but great stuff....raised in the SF bay area - french Dad/family who's family at one time owned the only french bakery in town....was raised on sour dough and can't imagine a world without it.......either can my Thai wife.....there's a place not far from SFO that does one better putting it on Greek crust with sourdough spun in also - best pizza I ever had (Zorba's in Millbrae, CA).....

I have a combo fan convection/microwave oven that works well enough. They take a bit of getting used to but are quite suitable for a smaller kitchen as they just occupy the space of a regular microwave. Maximum temperature is something to check before purchase as some only do 200 degrees. Obviously a large turkey wont fit into it but I do 1kg loaves of bread in mine without any trouble. I've seen various makes and models for between 5 and 12k.

I bought one of those and regretted it ever since.

Why is that? Mine is good.

Cost 21,000 and a stand alone oven is 6,000 and a good m'wave is 2,000. I ended up buying a m'wave anyway and just use the oven function now.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

My sour dough bread starter culture always got thrown into the junk by the home-maid alt=facepalm.gif>

Nope = not original but great stuff....raised in the SF bay area - french Dad/family who's family at one time owned the only french bakery in town....was raised on sour dough and can't imagine a world without it.......either can my Thai wife.....there's a place not far from SFO that does one better putting it on Greek crust with sourdough spun in also - best pizza I ever had (Zorba's in Millbrae, CA).....

A light sour dough half wheat: my wife loves.

A hardcore one 100 % rye and a bit too sour and a bit sticky: wife doesn't like. But with a thin layer of butter and some nice cheese on top of it, it is just the best.....

Even in Europe many bakeries don't do real sour dough anymore. Just mixing in a quick sour concentrate..

I bought a Mamaru. The larger one, with the rotisserie that spins around. It is removable. It has a fan inside, and gets hot very quickly. Very happy with it so far. Slightly larger than my microwave. A lot of space inside. Only about 4,000 baht. Really worth it.

482899e3-8088-4aa5-b6f3-11685142de1e_400

My wife bought one of these for baking a few years ago, and she finds it serviceable at best. Yes, it bakes, but not very well. Muffins and cupcakes come out looking like they've been through a wind storm (the airflow pushes the top to one side), and cakes of any depth need to be turned over in the pan to ensure it's been cooked all the way through.

Edited by up-country_sinclair

482899e3-8088-4aa5-b6f3-11685142de1e_400

My wife bought one of these for baking a few years ago, and she finds it serviceable at best. Yes, it bakes, but not very well. Muffins and cupcakes come out looking like they've been through a wind storm (the airflow pushes the top to one side), and cakes of any depth need to be turned over in the pan to ensure it's been cooked all the way through.

Done a lot of baking in the large one and the small one Otto and never had that problem.

Edited by thailiketoo

You can get good crust in a regular home oven. Just use a spray bottle to spray a lot of water on the loaf just before you put it in the oven. The water will evaporate off, but it's only needed to keep the outside of the dough soft during the initial oven rise so that it will rise as much as possible.

That's what I do in my microwave/convection oven, though I always use slightly salted water for extra tang in the bread crust. Works fine.

Edited by KittenKong

I bought one of those and regretted it ever since.

Why is that? Mine is good.

Cost 21,000 and a stand alone oven is 6,000 and a good m'wave is 2,000. I ended up buying a m'wave anyway and just use the oven function now.

I see. My microwave/convection oven combo cost only 5000B, which isnt much more than a good microwave (I dont think there are many good ones for only 2K). I doubt that I would have got anything I need had I spent 4 times the price on it, though I dare say yours will last longer than mine.

OP. Are you 18 or over ? If the answer is yes. Stop waiting for someone to hold your hand and just go and buy a oven.

If you wherr back in your country of birth would you be posting things like this ? No... so why do it here

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What on earth is wrong with you?

What else is a forum like this for, if not to ask questions, share experiences, seek and give advice etc?

If everyone adopted your attitude, there would be no ThaiVisa forum, and we would all be the poorer for it.

The OP is asking a valid and sensible question, and will have benefited hugely from the input of subsequent posters as the the various merits of different models.

I don't know - some people!facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif

It has reached epidemic proportions. I asked a question about my phone charger and I got the following response, "I wish my biggest concern in life was do I or don't I unplug the phone charger. Seriously, I think I'm living in a different dimension sometimes reading Thaivisa."

I don't know. Maybe it's like ebola; whingbola? Seems to infect people over the INTERNET.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This shows sizing....pretty servicable oven....cooking temps seem dialed in pretty well.....it comes with one rack + other item - spit - full size pan and a couple of other things...if you really want to bake something of this size would be good....I also looked at other brands but did not care for a lot of the build qualities of them.....after 2 years of constant use we're glad we chose this one.....

Do I see that correctly that the brand is Mino?. If so what's the model number and where to buy. Thanks

Sent from my S4 LTE

We have a Samsung combi oven. In the condo we lived before it made the extension cord catch fire. After that the wall outlet melted.

It works but only on top of the high rack it reaches the right temp. Not under the rack ( i bought a lower rack with it to get 2 layers of racks).

It was a broken one as homepro said because it had damage from electric sparks on the grid. biggrin.pngtongue.pngbiggrin.png And they warned us many times this one was dangerous and we shouldn't buy it.

I bought it for 2000 baht (from 10-12) because i immediatly knew what had happened, Somchai put the stainless grid in it and turned the microwave on cheesy.gif

and yes then you will see sparks inside......clap2.gif

It works perfect for 7 years now, never seen a spark.

Edited by namdocmai