Lake Mapbrachan

Robroona

Looks like the lake is down to its last few weeks supply. I hear people say that they have never seen it so low. I actually thought it was connected to the big reservoir at Bangpra, but looks like I was wrong. I see water trucks running around, but a lot of them look brand new compared with the rather old ones before. Must be money to be made. Hope we get some serious rain soon

Its not about rain - they are keeping the reservoir empty (with enough for center water only) to dredge the the reservoir and to rebuild the surrounding area. The idea is that all around the lake will end up like the picnic section which used to be opposite the bars near Khun Johns restaurant. 

The result will be that it will hold more water and be more of an attraction it seems. It is causing nightmares for people who use village wells which are not that deep. 

For those around here getting water delivered, I suggest you tell the guy you want Center Water and not their brown well water. The cost difference is they pay 6 baht for 1000 liters of well water and 25 baht for 1000 liters of center water. Best to follow them and make sure they do fill up from the center though....

Its not about rain - they are keeping the reservoir empty (with enough for center water only) to dredge the the reservoir and to rebuild the surrounding area. The idea is that all around the lake will end up like the picnic section which used to be opposite the bars near Khun Johns restaurant. 

The result will be that it will hold more water and be more of an attraction it seems. It is causing nightmares for people who use village wells which are not that deep. 

For those around here getting water delivered, I suggest you tell the guy you want Center Water and not their brown well water. The cost difference is they pay 6 baht for 1000 liters of well water and 25 baht for 1000 liters of center water. Best to follow them and make sure they do fill up from the center though....

Are you actually serious?? You're suggesting that we go out and follow the water man?

Back on planet earth, how come you know so much about this?

Are you actually serious?? You're suggesting that we go out and follow the water man?

I am. When you don't you end up with brown water coming out of the tap, and I prefer to have water from the center on Mabprachan. It's hardly a chore - if I need to drive to 7/11 or something I would tie in water delivery with that just to cclock eyes on the guy at the top of the lake filling up from clean water from the center. 

Back on planet earth.... why all the agro? 

I am. When you don't you end up with brown water coming out of the tap, and I prefer to have water from the center on Mabprachan. It's hardly a chore - if I need to drive to 7/11 or something I would tie in water delivery with that just to cclock eyes on the guy at the top of the lake filling up from clean water from the center. 

Back on planet earth.... why all the agro? 

Oh ok, that's fair enough.

As for 'agro' I have no idea what you mean..