no money to pay overstay

If you that is his friend, and the family lend him $325 each. He have the money............

yes, I can do the maths myself but appreciate you taking the time. I want to know what the fine is if he hands himself in?

mario already told you hours ago, 20,000 baht.

thats the fine at the airport, if you go thru immigration it is a lot less

If you that is his friend, and the family lend him $325 each. He have the money............

yes, I can do the maths myself but appreciate you taking the time. I want to know what the fine is if he hands himself in?

who do you think is fining you at the airport? Immigration!

• Like 1

I did it myself a few years ago, 2000b and you are free to fly out the next day, I just want to know what the current situation is

Well if you have experience, so why do you ask these questions? Just contact your old contacts in name of "your friend".

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't belive the embassy will help him. Why don't you lend him the money? It's your friend and it's not that much money. Or get in touch with his family or friends in his home country?

actually his emabassy will, but I want to know what the fine is, thats why I asked

If his embassy will pay for the ticket they probably will not until he is first incarcerated at IDC. They'll need that to activate the paperwork. In the case I dealt with it took 10-14 days in IDC before they sent him to the Airport. Have your friend talk to his Embassy consular section. They have dealt with this before.

The best case scenario is for your friend to wait and lay low until he gets both the ticket and the fine money together. One positive is the fine does not get any higher than 20k.

• Like 1

You go thru the Immigration at the Airport !! What do you belive it is??

• Like 2

I did it myself a few years ago, 2000b and you are free to fly out the next day, I just want to know what the current situation is

Well if you have experience, so why do you ask these questions? Just contact your old contacts in name of "your friend".

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

if you dont know the answer why do you bother posting on this thread? what old contacts? the judge?

If you are arrested for overstay and appear in court the fine is a maximum of 20,000 baht.

The actual fine depends on the judge at the time. Have not been in that situation but remember reading fines of around 4-6000 baht being levied. But still could be 20,000.

I don't belive the story. If you had a friend that got everything stolen. And have 7 months overstay. Why wouldn't you lend/give him a few hundred dollars? Obviosly the story is not true!! Or you are not a friend!! No friend would let him end up in prison

Edited by khunerik

ok, theres a lot of clueless people here, let me eli5, get it? if you hand your self in to immigration or are caught you will be given a sentence at 200b a day, probably 10 or 20 days, I dont know and nobody else here does either it seems. You can either pay the fine and go straight to IDC or do the sentence and then go to IDC. So the fine is 2000 or 4000 b or maybe more or less. Clarification is the reason for this thread. Once you are in IDC you can leave as soon as you have a ticket. So if you have a ticket you pay 2000 or 4000b and can then leave. I realize this isnt the option most of you posters would take and thats understandable but I didnt ask your opinion on it nor do I care. Want I want to know is what the fine is so the guy I am helping out who has decided to take this option can be prepared and pay it.

if you dont know the answer maybe you can find another thread to troll on

I don't belive the story. If you had a friend that got everything stolen. And have 7 months overstay. Why wouldn't you lend/give him a few hundred dollars? Obviosly the story is not true!! Or you are not a friend!! No friend would let him end up in prison

who cares what you think?

If you are arrested for overstay and appear in court the fine is a maximum of 20,000 baht.

The actual fine depends on the judge at the time. Have not been in that situation but remember reading fines of around 4-6000 baht being levied. But still could be 20,000.

thanks for being on topic

ok, theres a lot of clueless people here, let me eli5, get it? if you hand your self in to immigration or are caught you will be given a sentence at 200b a day, probably 10 or 20 days, I dont know and nobody else here does either it seems. You can either pay the fine and go straight to IDC or do the sentence and then go to IDC. So the fine is 2000 or 4000 b or maybe more or less. Clarification is the reason for this thread. Once you are in IDC you can leave as soon as you have a ticket. So if you have a ticket you pay 2000 or 4000b and can then leave. I realize this isnt the option most of you posters would take and thats understandable but I didnt ask your opinion on it nor do I care. Want I want to know is what the fine is so the guy I am helping out who has decided to take this option can be prepared and pay it.

if you dont know the answer maybe you can find another thread to troll on

ask your friendly judge that got you last time. I'm sure he wont be too much harder on you this time.

keep the day job, your trolling sure doesnt cut it

If he has a passport with his old visa/entry stamp in it or a new passport with a copy of his visa/entry stamp from immigration records he just goes to the airport pays 20k done.

There is no cheaper solution.

If he has a passport with his old visa/entry stamp in it or a new passport with a copy of his visa/entry stamp from immigration records he just goes to the airport pays 20k done.

and how does he get a copy of his visa/entry stamp without going to immigration and getting arrested? but yes you can turn up at the airport with a blank passport and pay the 20000b, maybe someone else here would like to lend him the money, hes just a guy I met a few months ago who I am helping out, the rest is in the op if anyone has any relevant info

With your attityde the best help that you can give to your friend, is to stay away from him..........................

if Im reading you right, and its not easy to decipher, maybe you could follow your own advice and stay out of the threads I post

Edited by slygeeza

and how does he get a copy of his visa/entry stamp without going to immigration and getting arrested? but yes you can turn up at the airport with a blank passport and pay the 20000b, maybe someone else here would like to lend him the money, hes just a guy I met a few months ago who I am helping out, the rest is in the op if anyone has any relevant info

He's well into the maximum fine of 20k already at 7 months. His new replacement passport will have his old passport's details referenced on the notations/observations page. If he entered Thailand through an airport it's almost certain there will be a record of his entry at the airport in Thai Immigration's computers. It would help him if he could state the flight number and date her arrived.

At 20k already it won't increase the fines any more if he keeps a low profile for a while longer until he can get both the fine and ticket together.

I see where you are trying to go with the possibility of reducing the maximum fine via the courts. I have no idea if that is possible or not. If it does work out that way for him please post that info back here.

Good luck.

If he turns up at the airport with a blank passport he will go straight to jail. I would go to Pattaya Immigration with his passport and explain the situation. They will probably be able to find his entry stamp in the computer and then give him 24hrs or sometimes more to leave the Country after paying the overstay. Seen it happen many time when people have gone in person.

I have written a great deal, in other threads about the overstay process over the past years, most of which is still valid. I recommend that you also look at some of these threads!

<snip >

Having done hundreds of deportations I know what I am talking about. George the owner of this site asks me to keep things up to date, so I do when I feel it will have benefit.

Hope this helps?

+1

I can see now that Mario2008 was right about Badbanker. Hopefully now the OP has what is needed to get a plan together.

• Like 1

If he pays the overstay he can leave on a cheaper flight (just make sure it is refundable). If he goes to court and gets deported it can limit the choice of airlines who will carry him as many will not carry a deportee.

• Like 1

No not always! Depending on the length of overstay! He should turn up with a copy of his previous passport or his TM card number and of course the standard letter from the embassy saying he has been issued with a new passport!

Then it depends on how long is the overstay and the mood of the officer. Yes, they will have to find him on the computer so he should know his old passport number which I am sure the embassy has.

Best to get all your ducks in a row (finance and potential tickets) before you start the process. Once you start the process it can be difficult to stop!

If he turns up at the airport with a blank passport he will go straight to jail. I would go to Pattaya Immigration with his passport and explain the situation. They will probably be able to find his entry stamp in the computer and then give him 24hrs or sometimes more to leave the Country after paying the overstay. Seen it happen many time when people have gone in person.

Edited by Badbanker
  • Like 2

If he pays the overstay he can leave on a cheaper flight (just make sure it is refundable).

There is no such thing as a cheap and refundable ticket.

Maybe it would be a start to buy the cheapest ticket with the airline that is known to carry deportees,

Will there be a blacklisting on top of the 20.000 baht?

The only people who get blacklisted for overstay are the ones that don't turn themselves in. Even then not everyone is blacklisted.

Blacklisting usually has a criminal conviction attached such as working illegally, drugs etc.

• Like 2