New disabled parking bays/neat taxivans at the airport

simon43

I know that it doesn't sound much, but there are now several disabled parking bays just by the arrivals area, freshly painted in blue paint and cordoned off to ensure they are only used by those in need.

And the taxi vans were all parked neatly in a row by arrivals, all parked at a diagonal.

It actually looked very neat and professional, as is expected for an international airport.

I have to ask (rhetorical question), - why couldn't the airport authorities do this before (ie, make the taxi-vans park neatly etc)?

Tomorrow I'll try to get a photo (hold the front page for this major 'scoop'!)

• Like 1

Nice, but in won't last. The taxis took over the nice blue painted family and handicap spaces at Tesco Chalong. 

Along with every man & his dog who are not handicapped or do not have small children. Also motorbikes.

Edited by Valentine

Nice, but in won't last. The taxis took over the nice blue painted family and handicap spaces at Tesco Chalong. 

And in Patong there must be a lot of handicapped motorbikes - according to the parking spots in front of Makro/Nanai.

Valentine, on 13 Aug 2014 - 08:29, said:

Somtamnication, on 13 Aug 2014 - 07:02, said:

Along with every man & his dog who are not handicapped or do not have small children. Also motorbikes.

True, it makes no difference to Thais, they show no respect for disabled/handicapped parking. I have never seen any parking attendants/police enforcing it. As we see so often, lip service is given, but no heart actually in it. Like so many things, it's all for show.

True, it makes no difference to Thais, they show no respect for disabled/handicapped parking. I have never seen any parking attendants/police enforcing it. As we see so often, lip service is given, but no heart actually in it. Like so many things, it's all for show.

In quite a few locations these handicapped places are roped off, only opened for handicapped.

So if you were to look around you, you'd see this enforced in many places.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well at the Tesco Lotus after Chalong circle I am sure within the next few days they will go with their motorbike inside the store. Car parking near the entrance are now taken over by motorbikes, the whole front entrance has become the motorbike parking too. Bets are open of when the first motorbike will park insidewai.gif

Pics or it didn't happen.

Been there to pick up a friend coming from Udon Thani, about 8 pm. It was a nightmare with motorbikes in the second row, but in front of the arrival hall, look at the pictures!

[attachment=279008:2tv1.jpg]

[attachment=279009:2tv2.jpg]

[attachment=279010:2tv3.jpg]

It was a nightmare..

Well, those pictures you took show things far more organised than before :)

@Oilinki, I had my camera to take photos yesterday but got a stupid 'memory card not readable' error!!  I'll try again after checking my camera.

How long have those huge signs been up right outside the arrivals hall?  I don't recall seeing them a couple of weeks ago. 

I don't remember how many years already...

Are you sure?  I was confused by those signs too. I last came through in April and don't remember them. 

How long have those huge signs been up right outside the arrivals hall?  I don't recall seeing them a couple of weeks ago. 

Are you sure?  I was confused by those signs too. I last came through in April and don't remember them. 

Those are new.  They are now placed where I always walk out from the airport and I would have had to either duck my head and go under or walk between them, and I didn't do either. The old signs used to be highly visible when driving out of the car park and turning right. The old signs might still actually be there and if I recall, it was for Phuket Fantasea, whereas these new ones are for it's competitor.

Those are new.  They are now placed where I always walk out from the airport and I would have had to either duck my head and go under or walk between them, and I didn't do either. The old signs used to be highly visible when driving out of the car park and turning right. The old signs might still actually be there and if I recall, it was for Phuket Fantasea, whereas these new ones are for it's competitor.

You must be very tall!  whistling.gif

Taking of handicaped parking.... Does anybody here has an official Thai disabled parking permit?

I do but it seems to me to be the only one in the country. Yes many occupied handicaped parking spots but without decales. Oh, mostly pick-ups and oversized SUVs. For sure no handicaped can climb into them.