Should Thailand Put A Bounty On Overstayers/Illegal Workers?

ATF

They'd need to increase the size of the IDC initially, imagine targeting the streets of certain tourist areas, with all those long term 'tourist' types ...... CRACKDOWN of all crackdowns.

The problem of the sizes of the IDCs would be an easy enough matter to address, set up a series of internment camps throughout the kingdom.

The camps could be built by the visa dodgers from areas other than Khao Sarn, as it is noted that the vast majority of farangs in Khao Sarn would not know what a days work was if it slapped them in the face.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only if a lot of violence can be used else the job is no fun. And for those of us who want to do this an SS style uniform would be a good reflection of what we are doing. Actually NSB style uniform would be better. They were the Dutch that cooperated with the Germans in WW 2. 

That sounds good. But I also like the German Blockwart system. Every Blockwart is respondsible for a small area where he looks that everything is right. WP, no subversive comments on politics. Private life is OK: 1 wife, 2 children 1 dog. With some freedom, but not too much....

For help the Blockwart can hire some thugs volunteers.

But also the German Stasi system was efficient. Even afterwards with what you learned there you could get German chancellor, like comrade Erika.

I would like it: Secret meetings with codenames: "Farang Franz what do you have to report from your area?" We could name them Safety Spy or short SS.

• Like 1

Did you ever notice that it was the insecure little dweebs in high school that were always picked on by the popular kids who became law enforcement officers?

Something about a need to be in authority.

It's a disease. A mental illness.

I guess when they retire, they still have the need to be a bully.

It must be hell for these guys to be in Thailand if they can not carry a gun legally! 

Maybe they feel have the authority to give themselves an exemption to that? 

Thailand does need better law enforcement.

But not from over zealous use-to- bees from the old west or Mayberry!

They should enforce traffic laws and save thousands of lives.

It could generate a huge amount of revenue as as well....double parking, unsafe passing, unsafe speeds, what side of the road???  

The fines would be a bonanza and the money could be put to good use increasing traffic law enforcement and improving road conditions.

Seriously, if you want to play cowboy, go to Arizona or Texas and help the Republicans protect the border from good, hard working people looking to improve their lives.

Nice try Barney!attachicon.gifDon_Knotts_Barney_and_the_bullet_Andy_Griffith_Show.jpg

Always use to amuse me when I worked and someone getting locked up would say something similar to your opening lines above.

Whilst I know it may be true with some law enforcement officers, you are casting a fairly wide net there.

Did it ever dawn on you that there's tons of low life giving the decent foriegner in LOS a bad name. Don't you think it would be a better place without that element?

Perhaps if you can't see these people around the usual places, then perhaps......<snip>.....well let's just say, there's no need to make this thread personal, that wasn't the OP's intention. I don't know you and you don't know me, we will leave it at that.

Some people here might like the low life element around but I don't. There's enough native low life in Thailand without importing the grubs. end of story really.

From your postings here on TV I know enough, that I do not wish to know you.

• Like 2

Only if a lot of violence can be used else the job is no fun. And for those of us who want to do this an SS style uniform would be a good reflection of what we are doing. Actually NSB style uniform would be better. They were the Dutch that cooperated with the Germans in WW 2. 

Don't forget the Gestapo they will be responsible for searching hard drives to make sure the are no Digital Nomads in the midst.

Maybe if lucky we get tazers too.. i seen the police tazer invalids and old people.. maybe we can do that too. You know its a good deterrent. 

In Belgium it is fully accepted to taser anybody caught drinking Heineken "beer". Overstayer or not.

• Like 2

Don't forget the Gestapo they will be responsible for searching hard drives to make sure the are no Digital Nomads in the midst.

Maybe if lucky we get tazers too.. i seen the police tazer invalids and old people.. maybe we can do that too. You know its a good deterrent. 

In Belgium it is fully accepted to taser anybody caught drinking Heineken "beer". Overstayer or not.

Yes i think that even the "Vlamingen and the Walonen" can agree on that one even though the hard working "Vlamingen don't like that their hard earned money goes to those lazy French speaking guys. But I am sure they are united on this subject.

I'm all in favor or making light of a subject, sarcasm, banter and black humor. But this thread doesn't make it to the starting blocks, seems like it's mostly two dribbling posters who've lost the plot, sorry!

Oh dear Mr. ND, looks like you have upset another soap dodger. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Did you ever notice that it was the insecure little dweebs in high school that were always picked on by the popular kids who became law enforcement officers?

It must be hell for these guys to be in Thailand if they can not carry a gun legally! 

It could generate a huge amount of revenue as as well....double parking, unsafe passing, unsafe speeds, what side of the road???  

The fines would be a bonanza and the money could be put to good use increasing traffic law enforcement and improving road conditions.

Seriously, if you want to play cowboy, go to Arizona or Texas and help the Republicans protect the border from good, hard working people looking to improve their lives.

Nice try Barney!attachicon.gifDon_Knotts_Barney_and_the_bullet_Andy_Griffith_Show.jpg

Always use to amuse me when I worked and someone getting locked up would say something similar to your opening lines above.

Whilst I know it may be true with some law enforcement officers, you are casting a fairly wide net there.

Did it ever dawn on you that there's tons of low life giving the decent foriegner in LOS a bad name. Don't you think it would be a better place without that element?

Perhaps if you can't see these people around the usual places, then perhaps......<snip>.....well let's just say, there's no need to make this thread personal, that wasn't the OP's intention. I don't know you and you don't know me, we will leave it at that.

Some people here might like the low life element around but I don't. There's enough native low life in Thailand without importing the grubs. end of story really.

Don't worry about that, I'm very selective & I doubt you'd make it past the first cut. Feel free to place me on block. ;)
  • Like 2

I'm all in favor or making light of a subject, sarcasm, banter and black humor. But this thread doesn't make it to the starting blocks, seems like it's mostly two dribbling posters who've lost the plot, sorry!

Oh dear Mr. ND, looks like you have upset another soap dodger. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

It would seem that. It's strange that some people claim to know everything about a place yet they seem so oblivious to what's around them.

That sounds good. But I also like the German Blockwart system. Every Blockwart is respondsible for a small area where he looks that everything is right. WP, no subversive comments on politics. Private life is OK: 1 wife, 2 children 1 dog. With some freedom, but not too much....

But also the German Stasi system was efficient. Even afterwards with what you learned there you could get German chancellor, like comrade Erika.

I would like it: Secret meetings with codenames: "Farang Franz what do you have to report from your area?" We could name them Safety Spy or short SS.

Is that sort of like Neighbourhood watch?

neighbours.png  or     neighbourhood%20watch.jpg

• Like 2

You see the OP wasn't trying to be nasty or spiteful towards any individual here, but there's been no shortage of nasty vile comments coming out of the usual corners and some new corners too.

I suspect there's a few low life that would be a bit nervous about a scheme like this..... so clearly the OP has merit.

By all means attack me you sad pathetic people, I have very broad shoulders, but make sure you stay within the guidelines of this wonderful forum, afterall nobody was attempting to point out that YOU were a low life or target but never the less your vile nasty comments have given yourself away.

Sad to be you :)
  • Like 1

Not upset really, just disappointed that folks don't seem to know what subjects are funny, which are not and which ones that are not and can't be made funny. It all strikes me as sad and pointless payback directed at the younger crowd because they attacked the older expats  previously for being allowed retirement visa's when there was nothing available for many of them, stupid and petty really. And whilst I'm OK with some of ND's stuff, on this one he simply missed the plot.

In case you missed it, I'm one of the older crowd.

• Like 1

Kev it is irrelevant who you want to know please let us know if Bounty Hunting would be an effective solution?

I admit, it was a wide net I threw and does not apply to all law enforcement.

But it does apply to way too many.

Actually, I worked in law enforcement myself, for the USDA Forest Service, for a few years.

I know there are good officers as well as insecure pyscos in law enforcement.

I do agree that Thailand needs to clean up the low life foreign element.

It is only one of many areas the Thai government is trying to tackle now.

But unlike the op, I feel it is a job that Thailand needs to do and not be hired out to mercenaries and pyscos looking for a thrill. 

Thailand is finally making a good effort to clean up it's government and the way people conduct business.

It will be a long and painful process for many, but the country will be a better place for good people in the long run if they succeed.

I do not think foreigners should get involved and I do not believe Thai people want them to get involved. 

Not upset really, just disappointed that folks don't seem to know what subjects are funny, which are not and which ones that are not and can't be made funny. It all strikes me as sad and pointless payback directed at the younger crowd because they attacked the older expats  previously for being allowed retirement visa's when there was nothing available for many of them, stupid and petty really. And whilst I'm OK with some of ND's stuff, on this one he simply missed the plot.

I am one of the younger crowd.. and i think most people could read between the lines here. Anyone taking my postings here serious would really need a humor transplant. Yes its a shame that Visa's are they way they are. Things could be so much better if they loosened up a few things in the business visa thing (no 4 Thais or a crazy capital needed) and a lot of people would love to pay taxes here to be legal.

You know.....I haven't read through the thread but on face value (ND aside - guess he lost his and is not sure when or where)......it's creating a witch hunt situation and could be used as retribution under some circumstances even if the person was valid......almost like bad talk against the royal family only easier to clear up with paperwork.....

I agree - it will be a nicer world/country when/if the riff raff closes the door on the way out......but almost like a Thai on Thai argument probably best to stay clear..... 

I admit, it was a wide net I threw and does not apply to all law enforcement.

But it does apply to way too many.

Actually, I worked in law enforcement myself, for the USDA Forest Service, for a few years.

I know there are good officers as well as insecure pyscos in law enforcement.

I do agree that Thailand needs to clean up the low life foreign element.

It is only one of many areas the Thai government is trying to tackle now.

But unlike the op, I feel it is a job that Thailand needs to do and not be hired out to mercenaries and pyscos looking for a thrill. 

Thailand is finally making a good effort to clean up it's government and the way people conduct business.

It will be a long and painful process for many, but the country will be a better place for good people in the long run if they succeed.

I do not think foreigners should get involved and I do not believe Thai people want them to get involved. 

Great stuff, I agree with everything you said this time.

I know several Thai Police who over the years have approached me and asked me questions about how certain things are dealt with in my other home..... so just maybe there's Thais out there who might appreciate such a system.

For too long fools and idiots have ruined things for good people. There's many good people in this forum who have been caught up in a system which is trying to make things difficult for the bad. If a tidier Thailand existed in relation to mis behaving foreigners, that would improve the outlook for all.

For too long, trash has hidden out in LOS, they're not helping anyone but themselves and they truely make it harder for everyone. One bad politician makes many look bad. One corrupt Police Officer or govt official makes many look bad.

The other day I saw two 'foreigner's'. getting it on ontop of a Buddha statue, it came to me through a Thai acquaintance. It made me very sad. There was a lot of anger amoungst Buddhist Thai people over this and the constant word being used was 'farang'. NOW BEFORE anyone gets upset, I'm not suggesting these people were long term residents but I will tell you what Thai people were seeing was a foreigner disrespecting something very important to them.

There's examples of long term expats looking very bad in Thailand, I don't need to mention which towns.

Nothing wrong with enforcing laws. Pay the police to do that.
Imagine if someone reports you falsely. That would cause quite a disrupt. I am not a fan of broad snitching.
How about introducing same on traffic law violators, illegal vendors, brothels, illegal lottery etc.etc.
  • Like 1

You know.....I haven't read through the thread but on face value (ND aside - guess he lost his and is not sure when or where)......it's creating a witch hunt situation and could be used as retribution under some circumstances even if the person was valid......almost like bad talk against the royal family only easier to clear up with paperwork.....

I agree - it will be a nicer world/country when/if the riff raff closes the door on the way out......but almost like a Thai on Thai argument probably best to stay clear..... 

Lost what?

So is this a thread for farang only, I'm not allowed to post about low life farang and the best way to deal with them?

Perhaps I just get to read all the anti Thai negative rubbish on the thread and just stand by and watch while all these grubby foreigners litter all the good parts of Thailand and stand by and say nothing.

What about of this was happening In your country and I suggested you just sit by and say nothing.

I am enthusiastic about the OP's suggestion and like anything it isn't without it's down side as one person pointed out the possibility of False Accusations etc.

Anyway, the only thing O have lost is my sense of generosity about sharing my home with grubby low life law breaking foreign people. As I said, Thailand has they're own, they don't need to Import anymore. Fairly simple really.

ATF, I don’t want to tread on your toes but I have a better answer to your (Thailand’s) problem.

1. Change the firearm laws within Thailand so that paintball guns require a licence.

2. Only issue the said licences to pre-qualified foreigners along with an arm band that denotes that the wearer is legally allowed to carry the paintball gun.

The pre-qualified foreigners would include work permit holders, marriage visa holders, retirement visa holders, etc.

3. Outlaw the much abused and flawed education visas.

4. Have round up days where work permit holders are legally allowed to go down the Khao Sarn Road and randomly shoot any dodgy looking characters with paintballs.

5. Send in the Police/Military to cart off anyone who has been shot with a paintball and place them in the newly constructed internment camps.

The good part about this plot is that the visa dodgers from Khao Sarn Road can be rounded up weeks after the round up days, as they will then be left with the dilemma of either being rounded up or having to wash off the paintball paint with SOAP.

Thailand could even take advantage of a great money making opportunity here.

Instead of having to pay a bounty for people, they could sell daily hunting permits to the legitimate visa holders.

This would also help to placate the hunters on this forum who miss their sport of duck hunting.

• Like 2

Why not just paid informers??

Why not, there's enough low life here that would be willing to snitch on their fellow foreigner, for the price of a Chang!

You'd be surprised some will snitch for a can of Archer.

Even though visa runners themselves. :)

• Like 1

I am one of the younger crowd.. and i think most people could read between the lines here. Anyone taking my postings here serious would really need a humor transplant. Yes its a shame that Visa's are they way they are. Things could be so much better if they loosened up a few things in the business visa thing (no 4 Thais or a crazy capital needed) and a lot of people would love to pay taxes here to be legal.

Now THIS I'll report to the authorities....subversive comments about the regulations are undermining moral....

• Like 1

I knew it! I knew it was too good to be true.

You don't realy drink Hoegaarden, no, you drink <<<deleted, diluted beer>>>

By the way, the forum name I use is French, the pic is a Brit, but I am  Flemish.

Is that sort of like Neighbourhood watch?

neighbours.png  or     neighbourhood%20watch.jpg

we had other logos in Europe.......