Youtube Moneys

If you had a Youtube channel that made money, would that require a work permit? I mean it is hardly work and how would you even go about it, imagine trying to explain the logistics of earning money from uploading videos onto a website to a Thai immigration officer.

Wouldnt bother with getting one

Not like your taking a job away from a local

Not quite at the point yet of making enough for revenue, but I will be soon, it will be pretty obvious and blatant as well as Youtube is pretty popular. All it would take would be for one person in the right position to see it and clock on.

Making money or not is not the issue, the issue is: are you working, e.g. making and uploading vdo's.

If yes: then yes, this is work, so officially WP required.

Would I bother with a WP for that? Very, very likely not.

Making money or not is not the issue, the issue is: are you working, e.g. making and uploading vdo's.

If yes: then yes, this is work, so officially WP required.

Would I bother with a WP for that? Very, very likely not.

If I decide that I would like to because the current Junta seems to be pretty damn serious and I have been on the wrong side of the police once and that wasn't fun, to be on the wrong side of the Junta cannot be a barrel of laughs either. but if I do decide to try and get one for this purpose, what would I need to do to obtain the WP? Normally you need a sponsor and an employer, this is Youtube...

Unless you are going to be filming on location with a film crew then just how are the Junta going to know ?

There are many ways, depends how large my channels continues to grow. Talking about it for a start is one way word can drift their way for example.

In my opinion, updating my social media accounts – Google+, blogspot, sites.google.com, twitter, facebook, linkedin, YouTube, etc – is not an activity that would require a work permit in Thailand.

In my opinion, updating my social media accounts Google+, blogspot, sites.google.com, twitter, facebook, linkedin, YouTube, etc is not an activity that would require a work permit in Thailand.

Yet even when these make money ?? YouTube is becoming a business solution for publishers to create revenue now. You only have to look at DRIVE+ to see the way video distribution is changing.

I actually wrote this question to the gazettes issues and answers a few weeks ago to attempt to hear a official position. Seems no one will give one.