Burmese worker is 90 day reporting required?

i just recieved my Burmese staffs 2 year W.P., (book will follow soooon)

i have noted that in passports of other Burmese workers no one seems to have done 90 day reporting!

are Burmest with proper parerwork required to report every 90 days?

If so most don't know about it.

Thanks

Hi,

am I to take this to mean that if you have a work permit it IS NOT necessary to do 90 day reporting?

Thanks

Another question.

My friensd husband died of a Stroke not long ago they were on a retirement visa.

Now she is alone and was told to get a Ed visa to be able to stay in Thailand where thay have lived for many years.

With the new ED rules, i was wondering can she get a retirement visa? if not 50 can it be baised on the old retirement visa of her decised husband which she was on?

Thanks

If she is not 50 yet there is no provision for her to get an extension.

It is still possible for her to get extension based upon education. If she was to enroll in a school and get the required documents she could change the reason for her extension to one for going to scholl.

Burmese workers with a 2-year work permit are not required to report.

With either two year Non LA Visa Entries or with the subsequent two year Extension of Permission to Stay, 90 day reporting is required.

True, those who are have completed these 4 years are not able to do 90 day reports once the 2 year extension has expired since they are past their admitted to stay date.

There is a mechanism to apply for the award of a further, new 2 year Non LA Visa.

Once awarded a new LA Entry, they can apply to get a new, 2 year Work Permit, but the requirement for 90 day reporting will start again.

This is the requirement from Thai Immigration, not the Labour Department.

Burmese workers with a 2-year work permit are not required to report.

Can you post a link to anything that says that.

Work permits have nothing to do with 90 day reporting.

sorry, i can't post a link. i can only report 8 years of experience.

We have 3 Burmese workers. All papers are OK and they are100% legal. Yet every three month they need to go to immigration and report that they are still here... This has not changed for the last 5 years.
The only new things that came this year was some social security fees and taxation.

But such 2-year work permits are not normally issued at the same "immigration " offices...

that is correct but i'm not aware of any big hassles except that for every 2-year renewal a real medical examination (including blood report, etc.) has to be carried out by an approved clinic. if i'm not mistaken the permit is issued by an authority belonging to the labour department. total cost for an extension is 11,000 Baht which includes a new ID-card similar to a Thai driver's license.

So is this why people will bring stacks of burma/cambodian passports to the local immigration? To satisfy the 90 day requirement?

I remember seeing a few people with hundreds of these passports stacked up with a filded form between them back when immigration did monthlt visits to Tesco in Chumphon

<snip> our multilingual housekeeper couple earns 25,000 Baht a month, enjoys free food, medical expenses, free airconditioned accomodation and various other perks which are far beyond the usual salaries and perks Thai employees enjoy.

working hours: 09.00-15.00 and 18.00-20.00hrs
wednesdays, saturdays and sundays: work 18.00-20.00hrs

p.s. we didn't come to Thailand because we love the country or Thai people. we came to Thailand because it was convenient for us me. my wife would rather leave today than tomorrow. Edited by ubonjoe
Removed quote of a removed post and part of reply to it.

So is this why people will bring stacks of burma/cambodian passports to the local immigration? To satisfy the 90 day requirement?

I remember seeing a few people with hundreds of these passports stacked up with a filded form between them back when immigration did monthlt visits to Tesco in Chumphon

i stand corrected and humbly apologise for my misinformation. was just told that the 90-day reporting applies to our employees too. we never realised it because of our working schedule (see above).