Cliff Richard's home searched by police investigating sexual abuse claim

Lite Beer

Cliff Richard's home searched by police investigating sexual abuse claim

Singer says allegation, which dates back to 1980s and involves boy aged under 16, is 'completely false'

Detectives investigating a claim of a "sexual nature" have searched a property belonging to Sir Cliff Richard.

The home in Sunningdale in Berkshire was searched after police gained a warrant.

The allegation dates back to the 1980s and involves a boy who was aged under 16 at the time. Richard said the claim was "completely false".

The claim is that the alleged abuse took place on the child in the South Yorkshire area in the 1980s, a police spokesperson said. Because of where the alleged incident took place, the investigation is being carried out by South Yorkshire police.

In a statement South Yorkshire police said: "South Yorkshire police has gained entry to a property in the Sunningdale area of Berkshire. Officers are currently searching the property.

Read more: http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/aug/14/cliff-richard-home-searched-police-sexual-abuse-claims

--The Guardian 2014-08-14

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My dad who had a job as a taxi driver at that time took me to watch his movie when I was a little girl. A movie named "The Young Ones". It made me curious to know what those songs in that movies mean. That was how I start to like English. That is how I will remember him, my inspiration.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

How,,come it took someone 34 years to report something ???

I ain't saying Cliff Richard is a saint, but 34 years after ????

No saint? biggrin.png Whatever will Sue Barker and Neutron Bomb say?

And what's next? Will people say that certain members of The Rolling Stones had sex with under-age girls?

Simply unbelievable.

giggle.gif

My dad who had a job as a taxi driver at that time took me to watch his movie when I was a little girl. A movie named "The Young Ones". It made me curious to know what those songs in that movies mean. That was how I start to like English. That is how I will remember him, my inspiration.

Yeah The Young Ones had a really interesting language. biggrin.png

Allegations from the 1980's? Many sessions with the shrink convinced or remembered it like it was yesterday as having to live with this the rest of one's life is just to much victimization for the weak? Hey look at me I was fiddled by a star? He does have a lot more fame and money than Rolf.

• Like 1

One of the great things about growing up in the US was no Cliff Richard. Over the years assorted Brits have assured me of what a blessing this is.

I don't get this thing about kids, and don't want to. I saw Donovan in concert in the late 1960s and in Mellow Yellow he sang the line

I'm just mad about 14 year old girls

and I thought "what the ... ???"

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 2

Yeah The Young Ones had a really interesting language. biggrin.png

I am talking about lyrics

I saw Donovan in concert in the late 1960s and in Mellow Yellow he sang the line

Preservation of the human species. Until recently a lot of woman got married at that age - in some parts of the world, a lot still do.

Agreed ND, I had the misfortune to have a well know celeb on my unit some years back for a fairly short period of time. The initial joke sentence was no deterrent, and repeat offences occurred. There is in my belief a lot of very high profile people who have been getting away with this shit for sometime, and have been protected. Jimmy Savile was the one that really broke the veil of secrecy, and I hope they continue to round up and prosecute said offenders.

• Like 2

I saw Donovan in concert in the late 1960s and in Mellow Yellow he sang the line

Preservation of the human species. Until recently a lot of woman got married at that age - in some parts of the world, a lot still do.

Are you suggesting that makes it right?

For some reason, I am not surprised by this one bit. The only question I have is, who will be next?

Not sure, but if there's a prima facie case I hope the matters are expedited thru the courts and if convicted he faces severe justice. Any case involving children as victims should be treated in the same way.

As a species we must protect our vulnerable young at any expense.

Being an international superstar or celebrity does not give anyone an excuse to abuse children.

I think that you ought to tell that to Louis Freese (B-Real) biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

• Like 1

For some reason, I am not surprised by this one bit. The only question I have is, who will be next?

Not sure, but if there's a prima facie case I hope the matters are expedited thru the courts and if convicted he faces severe justice. Any case involving children as victims should be treated in the same way.

As a species we must protect our vulnerable young at any expense.

Being an international superstar or celebrity does not give anyone an excuse to abuse children.

I think that you ought to tell that to Louis Freese (B-Real) biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

MrTony,

I am well past dealing with this sort of thing, but have in the past (not with someone of Cliff Richards status) but this sort of evil heinous crime is committed by grubs at virtually every level. There's been cases involving, priests, judges, health professionals, this and that.....it's just sick. These days when it comes to these issues I'm left wondering who can a mother or father trust. And it's something that has gone on far too long, it's certainly not a new age crime.

I am saddened by this story, not because it may end up being the fall of yet another so called celebrity but for the reason there are more victims and what they may have been subjected to is so powerfully sickening.

• Like 1

No. I am suggesting that it is not a big surprise that people want to do it.

I had a dream that I was raped by Elvis Pressley...no...I believe it was real...wonder how much the Pressley Estate will pay to keep this quiet...?

and hence the need for a thorough and professional investigation, which may or may not then be followed by appropriate court actions.

No. I am suggesting that it is not a big surprise that people want to do it.

you're sounding like an apologist

I'm surprised people are surprised.

He's no where near the saint people think. People will be familiar with the Gill Dandon killing. Strong Rumours are she was about to expose a lot of pedo including Cliff. He might have had a hand in getting her killed.

I'm glad they have gone further up the ladder now. I felt the charging of Rolf Haris etc was more a "test case" to make sure they could get convictions.

People like Jimmy Page, Pete Townsend BIll Wymen and many other high profile people will be shitting themselves now

Pete Townsend is way past caring about his past.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I'm surprised people are surprised.

He's no where near the saint people think. People will be familiar with the Gill Dandon killing. Strong Rumours are she was about to expose a lot of pedo including Cliff. He might have had a hand in getting her killed.

I'm glad they have gone further up the ladder now. I felt the charging of Rolf Haris etc was more a "test case" to make sure they could get convictions.

People like Jimmy Page, Pete Townsend BIll Wymen and many other high profile people will be shitting themselves now

He's no where near the saint people think. Can you substantiate this stupid comment? He might have had a hand in getting her killed. A libellous statement.

You then proceed to cast aspersions on three other celebrities. I hope for your sake these people never get to read your post, in which case it should be you shitting yourself not them.

All in all a pretty moronic post.

Yes... I think it's a SHAME ON YOU when you make such hideous unsubstantiated claims... your comment is disgraceful!