Cliff Richard's home searched by police investigating sexual abuse claim

Lite Beer

I almost thought it was Keith Richards of Rolling Stones and it was typo thank you for clearing that up but Why in the world do the British throw the Title Sir out to every knucklehead? No offence to my many British friends Figure if you can put up with this Yahoo meaning myself your ok in my bookswhistling.gifcheesy.gif

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I almost thought it was Keith Richards of Rolling Stones and it was typo thank you for clearing that up but Why in the world do the British throw the Title Sir out to every knucklehead? No offence to my many British friends Figure if you can put up with this Yahoo meaning myself your ok in my bookswhistling.gifcheesy.gif

No offence taken SB, the way Knighthoods are handed out is a joke. The people that really deserve it never get them, it's all to do with looking "cool" or getting "donations" , total joke.

Keith Richards has always been much more interested in drugs than sex. Bill Wyman on the other hand is reputed to have had much more action than Jagger and he does have a penchant for young girls. I think he was dating Mandy Smith when she was 14. However she had been groomed by her mother and was 14 going on 40. It cost him quite a few million though.

A search warrant cannot be issued without reasonable suspicion. It's not something that's done lightly.

Talk about idealism!

Depends on the people doing the pursuing, the people being pursued, and the country.

Why is it that every time one of these 70s celebs gets caught there is someone on this board who defends their Pedophile activities?

I do understand that there are people who come to Thailand because they have more 'freedom' than in their own country, but there is no need to come onto TVF to let everyone know that you agree with this vile act.

Why is it people on this board always want to mis use the inflammatory word Paedophile? Paedophilia is an attraction to pre pubescent children and not 14+ year olds. This is not an apology, but please drop the witch burning phraseology.

Jacky that is one strange statement.

Try looking it up in a dictionary.

I know 2 people who were accused of sexually interfering with their own children and it also happened to me when one of my children in 80's had a mental breakdown I was interrogated by social workers and later the police but luckily for me the police came to the conclusion the idea had been put into my daughters head by social workers which actually is what happened. A few years later I asked my daughter why she said i had she answered they kept pressurising me and making suggestions and then latched onto fact my daughter climbed into our bed one night when 9 years old and i gave her a cuddle. THe other 2 people were not so lucky and one had his children taken from him for 18 months until he was totally cleared and the other had to live away from home for 2 years. Im not saying it does not happen it happens far to much but back in UK in 80's their was a kind of witch hunt going on and it seemed every social worker was convinced all fathers abuse their children. Their were many many other cases were later it was shown the idea was put into the head of accuser by social workers.

And yet they miss many real cases of awful abuse.

One has to be careful and i know before it happened to me even thought their is no smoke without fire when someone very close to my family was accused by his daughter.

Sadly it is far to common and very prevalent here and most of abusers abuse someone in their family.

In CR case i have no idea but i can quite imagine someone making it up or even having it put into their head.

• Like 1

After 30 years what evidence would they be finding?

Video recording?

Sounds like a stretch.

Normally they would need multiple "victims / witnesses" to corroborate so the weight of what is usually circumstantial evidence is great enough to prove something. Very seldom will you find a smoking gun, unless the person is continuing to do this.

Unfortunately, once the accusation is made......

A search warrant cannot be issued without reasonable suspicion. It's not something that's done lightly.

Talk about idealism!

Depends on the people doing the pursuing, the people being pursued, and the country.

This topic is solely related to UK law and the Crown Prosecution Service which is the equivalent of the DA's Office in the US.

Although I do have little faith left in the UK dealing with several matters we are dealing here with an icon of pop music who has basically got a clean sheet so it could not have been a decision taken lightly and without compelling reason.

• Like 1

According the UK news more people have come forward which is not surprising as his name is now out there as an alleged sex offender.

I really have no idea if he is guilty or not, that will be decided by a court if it gets that far, which actually is the problem as these investigations should not be made public IMO. The police are denying that they leaked the investigation, which from an official point is probably the case, but someone did leak it, that is for sure

• Like 2

Video recording?

Sounds like a stretch.

Normally they would need multiple "victims / witnesses" to corroborate so the weight of what is usually circumstantial evidence is great enough to prove something. Very seldom will you find a smoking gun, unless the person is continuing to do this.

Who knows? Anything seems to be possible after all these recent celebrity sex cases came to light. Maybe they'll find a dungeon in Cliff's basement?

Video recording?

Sounds like a stretch.

Who knows? Anything seems to be possible after all these recent celebrity sex cases came to light. Maybe they'll find a dungeon in Cliff's basement?

Or Richard Geres long lost pet

It wouldn't surprise me if there was a special edition recording of one of his Xmas specials where he played Santa and emptied his sack amongst unsuspecting innocents. You never know what you might find I. these cases, hence the Police raid to carefully examine the premises.

Descriptions of the inner workings of his premises may go a long way in supporting a victims claim. There's a many things that could be established and generally a leopard never changes it's spots, so there may be evidence uncovered about that too.

Maybe he just has a massive roller skating rink under his house where everyone skates around wearing tight pants, frilly shirts and creepy hairpieces. Anything is possible. ;)

• Like 2

Always knew there was something not right about that guy.

concur . . . incredibly successful over many decades, immense wealth, royal (british) connections . . . and a reputed close friend of the very mysterious & as yet unsolved celebrity murder victim - Jill Dando. Not for a SECOND alluding to his involvement in this at all (that would be silly..c'mon) but simply reminding that these so called 'hi profile' celeb's can often find themselves in over their heads....a price for their fame?

. . . and if you don't play ball, what comes around . . goes around.

• Like 1

My only worries about these investigations about dead and dying stars is...................Benny Hill. Please please do not find anything on Benny Hill. I will be truly broken hearted.sad.png

Benny Hill was a loner who paid at least one of his actresses for regular BJ'S, according to her.

Hope this puts your mind at rest.

Edited by BaldPlumber
  • Like 1

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/cliff-richard-abuse-allegations-investigated-4063540

Cliff Richard abuse allegations investigated by police for more than a YEAR
SOURCES close to the star said he was fully aware of the claims and even considered going public to help clear his name before last week's raid.

My only worries about these investigations about dead and dying stars is...................Benny Hill. Please please do not find anything on Benny Hill. I will be truly broken hearted.sad.png

Benny Hill was a loner who paid at least one of his actresses for regular BJ'S, according to her.

Hope this puts your mind at rest.

What? Consensual sex with an adult women? In terms of scandals this would be considered "charmingly quaint."

Funny how this is as much dirt as they could dig up for someone with a reputation for racy stuff, whereas the guys with the wholesome public images are the sick perverts.

• Like 2