PVC windows and rain gutters?

RawaiPlaBoyz

Don't know about the Windows but I have seen the PVC Gutters, Down-pipes etc,s @ reasonable prices in GLOBAL Chiang Mai.

Brilliant post about a shop in Chang Mai! This post is in the PHUKET forum. I'm sure the OP will drive up to Chang Mai for rain gutters and windows. I haven't looked for PVC Gutters etc here on Phuket. PVC doesn't seem to hold up very well here due to the UV. I bought galvanized steel gutters that were painted to match my house. Much larger water carrying capacity and the still look new after over 8 years. I got them at a shop on Visset in Rawai that custom makes them. Don't remember the address though.

• Like 1

Don't know about the Windows but I have seen the PVC Gutters, Down-pipes etc,s @ reasonable prices in GLOBAL Chiang Mai.

Brilliant post about a shop in Chang Mai! This post is in the PHUKET forum. I'm sure the OP will drive up to Chang Mai for rain gutters and windows. I haven't looked for PVC Gutters etc here on Phuket. PVC doesn't seem to hold up very well here due to the UV. I bought galvanized steel gutters that were painted to match my house. Much larger water carrying capacity and the still look new after over 8 years. I got them at a shop on Visset in Rawai that custom makes them. Don't remember the address though.

PVC indeed doesn't hold up well against UV and heat, that's why windows and gutters are made in uPvc.

I don't know about Phuket, but Windsor has uPvc gutters and windows, however I don't recommend the windows, and they are part of the SCG group so they will be available somewhere in Phuket

PVC indeed doesn't hold up well against UV and heat, that's why windows and gutters are made in uPvc.

I don't know about Phuket, but Windsor has uPvc gutters and windows, however I don't recommend the windows, and they are part of the SCG group so they will be available somewhere in Phuket

I would recommend Windsor guttering,as for windows powder coated aluminum.

I have PVC windows and gutters. The windows could be better (the design) but function well. A Thai German brand I do not know.

PVC gutters are trash.

Can you please confirm if you have the Windsor gutter, as in the picture, or the trash from a company formerly known as WRVinyl ?

DSC03200_resize%281%29.jpgVinyl_Rain_Gutter.jpg

All over Thailand, even in villages, there are small shops selling PVC/UPVC/aluminium windows/doors/mosquito screens. Price they quote will include installation.

By the way there is a lot of information about this in the Do it yourself housing forum. Researching this subject recently, I even stumbled across another English language forum solely dedicated to building/home improvement in Thailand. Not allowed to post a link here, but wouldn't be worth it anyway, better stick to TV.

Heres a copy of a post I made a few years ago in the DIY forum , maybe helpfull.

A brief explination of pvc

Pvc / Vinyl window systems are available now all over Thailand .

The actaul pvc is only part of the overall finished product. All fabricators will import this from various extrusion companies ( the "brand" name you may associate pvc with , i.e Veka , Thyssen , Kommerling etc.).

The quality of these extrusions varies dramatically from company and profile . The main agent for giving Pvc its colour is Titanium dioxide and its the content of this within the profile wich will dictate if the pvc will discolour in time or not. When new they will all look exactly the same but i assure you there actual make up is not. This alone will dictate if the product will discolour in time or not. You should check the small print on the suppliers warranty some exclude the colour or give it a limited warranty others give a full 10 year warranty on colour.

It is interesting to note that people refer to the windows either by brand name or by individual fabricator and state their pros and cons to both. When infact the same fabricator may well be supplying two or even three different brand name profiles in the market place.

You really should remeber that when choosing a window supplier the pvc as stated above is only a Component of the finished system . Other questions should be asked also , Is the profile re-inforced ( is it galvanised steel ? what is the thickness of this ) ( a simple test to see if re-inforcemnt is being used is to run a magnet over the profile ) what hardware is used ( is it european , chinese ? , you Will find alot of suppliers offering "German" pvc windows and use chinese hardware and fittings to reduce costs).
This also extends to the locking systems used , are they full multi -point , simple finger locks , self cliping , brass , steel , stainless ?
As with all window systems as I stated before unless it is installed correctly you will reduce its benefits drastically. If you have made you decision as to wich supplier to use I highly recommend you visit previous installations and not just the ones they take you too but others they don't tell you about afterall if there taking you to see an existing customer they wouldn't take you to an unhappy one would they ?

General pricing for pvc per square meter is actually quite difficult as it depends on design , size , glass spec , hardware etc . etc. some companies will give an indication but would generally base this on a "typical design and size" and probably wont be what your after. That said an indication for a "standard" home replacement in single glass will range from around 2,500Thb to 5,000Thb per square meter depending on the quality your after and the options used.

A few advantages of pvc

Pvc during fabrication uses a friction weld on its corners rather than in aluminium where a "mechanical" joint is used so is much less exposed to water leakage
Sea salt air has no affect on Pvc as Aluminium will oxidise / corrode if scratched or exposed
The use of double / triple glazing is a standard option for pvc
It is the "greenest" option for windows for the envoiroment and is 100 % recyclable
Pvc is a very poor conductor of heat , the transmission of heat to the interior is considerably less than aluminium
It can be used for virtually any window design including arch and circular designs
The lifetime of a pvc window based on data from Euope is 40 years
Termites and such creatures do not attack pvc as they will in wooden subframes sometimes used by aluminium window systems
The use of Galvanised steel for structual strength
Full Multipoint lock options give higher spec security over standard aluminium frames

Hope the above makes things a little clearer smile.gif Any more questions i'll try to answer with an unbiased reply biggrin.gif[/quote]

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app