One dead, two badly hurt in meth-fueled Phuket rampage

webfact

One dead, two badly hurt in meth-fueled Phuket rampage
Eakkapop Thongtub

1408075205_1-org.jpg
Niwat, in handcuffs, is stretchered out of the house.

PHUKET: -- One man is dead and two of his friends are in hospital severely injured after one of them, in a jealous rage fueled by methamphetamine, wreaked havoc with a meat cleaver.

Some 30 police rushed to the incident yesterday evening (August 14) after the wife of one of the victims made an emergency call.

Arriving at the dwelling on Soi Suksan Khao Rang in Phuket Town, officers found a man and a woman lying on the floor with slash wounds from the cleaver.

Chalermpol Tasurawiros, 26, had multiple wounds on his chest and ribs, while Rariya Puttawong, 29, a singer at Pink Lady 2000 on Phang Nga Rd, had been slashed twice in the stomach.

While police kept their attacker, 25-year-old Niwat Phusangsri, at bay, the two were carried out and rushed to hospital, but Mr Chalermpol later died of his injuries.

Special Unit officers under Pol Lt Col Pravit Engchuan tried to grab Niwat, who was yelling and screaming, and waving the cleaver around, but he evaded them. He ran into another room and slammed the door.

Before police could get into the room he attempted to commit suicide by slashing his own throat and then by drinking highly toxic methomyl insecticide.

Police used a stun gun to get him under control before sending him in handcuffs to Vachira Phuket Hospital.

Mr Chalermpon’s wife Monnaya Janchawong, said that Niwat and her husband had been smoking crystal methamphtamine (ya ice) and Niwat decided that his girlfriend, Ms Rariya, and Mr Chalermpol were flirting.

He flew into a rage, grabbed the cleaver and slashed Ms Rariya twice. Chalermpol tried to stop Niwat, who turned on him and hacked at him with the cleaver.

Niwat, when he has sufficiently recovered from his attempted suicide, will be charged with the murder of Mr Chalermpol and the attempted murder of Ms Rariya.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/one-dead-two-badly-hurt-in-meth-fueled-phuket-rampage-47870.php

[pn]2014-08-15[/pn]

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad to see Thai police are starting to use less-than lethal devices and techniques. I can't say I have ever seen a Thai policeman carrying a stun gun. "Grabbing" at a man waving a meat clever, who has just killed or tried to kill two people, is not a wise course of action. The officers are very lucky not to have sustained major injuries themselves. In America he would most likely have been shot. Surprisingly, Thai police are very gun shy for some reason.

RIP Mr Chalermpol, and I hope Ms. Rariya makes a full recovery. Edited by NomadJoe
  • Like 2

... and still there are people on here who suggest that there is nothing wrong with "soft" drug usage.

Such soft drugs usage can easily lead addicts to more potent alternatives, ultimately ending in incidents like this.

I firmly believe that all "recreational" drugs, and more dangerous alternatives should remain banned and pushers jailed for long periods for supplying such dangerous substances...!

Meth isn't a soft drug.  Not many people advocating legalising that stuff.

Read the whole post before replying, geret.

. Edited by NomadJoe

Actually I nearly agree with GeorgeO... ILLEGAL soft drugs do sometimes lead to usage of harder drugs. However the reason for some ending up going onto harder drugs is because they question the sense of harder drug Laws due to the non-sense of soft drug Laws. In other words, the "Gateway Drugs" are "Gateway Drugs" because they are illegal - if they weren't fewer people would question the sense of the Laws on harder drugs.

Also, dealers may offer a number of different drugs, e.g. cannabis, MDMA, methamphetamine, cocaine. Some cannabis consumers who use such dealers may then consider trying methamphetamine and cocaine due to ready availability. If cannabis was legally available e.g. from shops, whereas other more harmful drugs were not, then there would be no such "gateway" from cannabis to harder drugs.

• Like 2

Cranked-out man kills his friend then cuts, electrocutes and fabric-softens himself

By Coconuts Bangkok

crystal-meth_0.jpeg?itok=fXwDRnOv

A Phuket man stabbed his girlfriend, killed his buddy, and attempted suicide when their crystal meth-smoking party took a dark turn last night.

Niwat Bhumisansri, 25, and his girlfriend Rarinya Puttawong, 22, reportedly arrived at the apartment of Chalermphol Pasurawiroj, 26, and his girlfriend to hang out and smoke some speed together.

At some point during the party, Niwat accused his girlfriend of cheating and stabbed her twice in the bathroom. Chalermphol tried to stop his friend Niwat from doing this, and for his trouble, got stabbed in the chest by his friend.
Chalermphol died later at the hospital but his girlfriend fled the room uninjured. At some point Rarinya got out and sought medical attention as well.

Read More: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/08/15/cranked-out-man-kills-his-friend-then-cuts-electrocutes-and-fabric-softens-himself

[cnb]2014-08-15[/cnb]

Thailand. The Hub of methamphetamine.

Arguably, the worst concoction on the planet.

This country is saturated with it...

Unfortunately, the world seems to be saturated with it.

No argument it is, alcohol and other drugs assist unstable people to become more unstable, this sht causes stable people to become raving loonies, have you seen the security in the admission area of your local hospital these days.

To those of you stating that I suggested that methamphetamine is a soft drug, I made no such statement ... so please read my post again...!

I suggested that most "users" start with "soft" or "recreational" drugs and ultimately lead on to more dangerous alternatives leading to incidents such as we have seen here.

You may wish to offer reasons for your personal decision to do drugs, but you will not change my attitude towards the use of any drugs for non-essential purposes ... the world would be a better place without any of them...!

Does that include alcohol ? As its classified as a hard drug and makes the most victims on yearly basis.

• Like 2

... the world would be a better place without any of them...!

Reality check, the world has all these substances. Wishing that it didn't will not change the facts thus is a waste of words. 

But when people talk about drugs and the harm they do is not a waste of words. I am no holy Joe but I have seen what drugs do to people and there is always a payback. Taking recreational drugs is FUN but after a while the fun becomes a nightmare I have seen many people badly effected but mentally and socially. But the social fabric of Thailand is been ruined by Yaba when you live in a farang area it might not be apparently obvious but in the sticks its rampant all the kids are using its like having a beer to them. Maybe our friends in the military will do some thing against this disease as it is only people like them that have the power to fight these people. I think way more important than illegal taxis or buildings etc. so keep talking maybe someone will listen.

• Like 1

There's no mention of methamphetamine in that article. The article does not support your argument very well either. A better one would have been How Harriet Wran, the daughter of a Labor legend, came undone. That particular incident was caused by a botched drug deal. So the drug laws, which has created societies of criminality, would be more to blame than the drugs themselves.

Edited by hyperdimension
  • Like 1

But when people talk about drugs and the harm they do is not a waste of words. I am no holy Joe but I have seen what drugs do to people and there is always a payback. Taking recreational drugs is FUN but after a while the fun becomes a nightmare I have seen many people badly effected but mentally and socially. But the social fabric of Thailand is been ruined by Yaba when you live in a farang area it might not be apparently obvious but in the sticks its rampant all the kids are using its like having a beer to them. Maybe our friends in the military will do some thing against this disease as it is only people like them that have the power to fight these people. I think way more important than illegal taxis or buildings etc. so keep talking maybe someone will listen.

Your story about your wive's cousin may be tragic but it's only one story. Methamphetamine consumption is high and continues to rise. We need to look at proportions i.e. the bigger picture of all consumption. So the big question is "what proportion of all methamphetamine users are having major problems that are directly caused by their methamphetamine consumption?"

We know that the media likes to publish news stories of incidents in which illegal drugs were consumed like the one we are discussing here. So how frequently do such news stories get published? Once per day? (I think it's even less.) Then think of how many kgs of methamphetamine are being consumed per day. Then we can get an idea of how dangerous methamphetamine is.

Edited by hyperdimension
  • Like 1

I suggested that most "users" start with "soft" or "recreational" drugs and ultimately lead on to more dangerous alternatives leading to incidents such as we have seen here.

You make such broad statements without any scientific or statistical basis. You also have a problem with understanding logic. Just because one event happens after some other event, it doesn't mean that there is a direct "cause and effect" link. What level of education did you attain?

You may wish to offer reasons for your personal decision to do drugs, but you will not change my attitude towards the use of any drugs for non-essential purposes ... the world would be a better place without any of them...!

I wonder how much support there is (other than from yourself) for the banning of beer, wine, coffee, tea and chocolate, and sending people to prison for the possession and consumption of these.

... and still there are people on here who suggest that there is nothing wrong with "soft" drug usage.

Such soft drugs usage can easily lead addicts to more potent alternatives, ultimately ending in incidents like this.

I firmly believe that all "recreational" drugs, and more dangerous alternatives should remain banned and pushers jailed for long periods for supplying such dangerous substances...!

Beer and caffeine are certainly gateway drugs. Alcohol and red bull should be banned and those trafficking in it exocuted.
Then perhaps these problems can be avoided

Actually I nearly agree with GeorgeO... ILLEGAL soft drugs do sometimes lead to usage of harder drugs. However the reason for some ending up going onto harder drugs is because they question the sense of harder drug Laws due to the non-sense of soft drug Laws. In other words, the "Gateway Drugs" are "Gateway Drugs" because they are illegal - if they weren't fewer people would question the sense of the Laws on harder drugs.

Also, dealers may offer a number of different drugs, e.g. cannabis, MDMA, methamphetamine, cocaine. Some cannabis consumers who use such dealers may then consider trying methamphetamine and cocaine due to ready availability. If cannabis was legally available e.g. from shops, whereas other more harmful drugs were not, then there would be no such "gateway" from cannabis to harder drugs.

It's been my experience that weed "dealers" only sell weed and people who enjoy cannabis tend not to want anything to do with meth or hard drug users. The biggest gateway drug in my opinion is alcohol.
  • Like 2

Your story about your wive's cousin may be tragic but it's only one story. Methamphetamine consumption is high and continues to rise. We need to look at proportions i.e. the bigger picture of all consumption. So the big question is "what proportion of all methamphetamine users are having major problems that are directly caused by their methamphetamine consumption?"

We know that the media likes to publish news stories of incidents in which illegal drugs were consumed like the one we are discussing here. So how frequently do such news stories get published? Once per day? (I think it's even less.) Then think of how many kgs of methamphetamine are being consumed per day. Then we can get an idea of how dangerous methamphetamine is.

I agree its "one story" but it but it is personal to me. The point I was trying to make (maybe not well) that you read these stories and events and make comments both good and bad but life goes on as normal. But when it knocks at your door than it all changes than you see what happens and how people's lives change its not a story its fact. I have partied and enjoyed myself so I am not pontificating or preaching I am just talking what I have seen in my life and drugs do kill and are dangerous. To robblok and I am not getting at you man but most of the major European drug lords live in Holland or Spain and thats a fact. So maybe it works in Holland but the drug business effects lots of people in a bad way I see in Dublin the living dead heroin addicts living like zombies. I can guarantee all these started smoking dope for fun I don't believe anyone picks up a needle or chases the dragon as their first introduction to drugs. But been a Coke,pills or Heroin addict or worse  meth is no fun lifstyle .

I agree its "one story" but it but it is personal to me. The point I was trying to make (maybe not well) that you read these stories and events and make comments both good and bad but life goes on as normal. But when it knocks at your door than it all changes than you see what happens and how people's lives change its not a story its fact. I have partied and enjoyed myself so I am not pontificating or preaching I am just talking what I have seen in my life and drugs do kill and are dangerous. To robblok and I am not getting at you man but most of the major European drug lords live in Holland or Spain and thats a fact. So maybe it works in Holland but the drug business effects lots of people in a bad way I see in Dublin the living dead heroin addicts living like zombies. I can guarantee all these started smoking dope for fun I don't believe anyone picks up a needle or chases the dragon as their first introduction to drugs. But been a Coke,pills or Heroin addict or worse  meth is no fun lifstyle .

You still made no reference to alcohol.. that is maybe the drug that starts it all and a hard drug doing the most damage. So do you still drink alcohol ?

In Holland it works for soft drugs, and less hard drugs as other places that are far more restrictive. That there are drug lords in Holland.. don't really care about that arrest them ect whatever. I don't feel attacked about that.

I believe that alcohol is the drug that starts it all.. how many of those people who used a needle or other drugs did alcohol first ? Still people think its acceptable.

Methamphetamine is not a soft drug.  I'll bet you don't mind alcohol, though it too is a drug.  But you probably would not even consider it a drug nor would you admit that it causes far more violence in society than the only truly soft drug marijuana.

• Like 1

Yes I drink but not to much anymore as getting old. I agree most drug taking does normally happen at parties where alcohol is available. The venture I had in life was drinking alcohol at maybe 13 so you are correct on that point. I can also see the point made someone high on weed will be mellow and do no harm but some one drunk will fight and use a knife. But alcohol weed can be controlled by some to others its the start to a life long problem.