Tourist numbers in Thailand increase by 22.7% in July

webfact

Could you separate the increases into different category's

1 air arrivals.

2 land arrivals

3 visa runs.

4 cross border shopping.

and a.n. other-----------------------if you can do this we will have more belief in you TAT.

Do include insurgents crossing and retreating.

Edited by ginjag

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ginjag, took me a minute to figure out, hasip, hasip. Yea, lots of Lao people shopping here. But most of the Lao ladies had to leave, no more 3 day back to back, immigration checking IDs, need passport and employer "guarantee" ($$) plus the paperwork that goes with, cuts the "tourist" numbers, especially in Nong Khai...lol. So I've been told, my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Increase of 22% means nothing it is just numbers as 22% of ten say is nothing. Sort this country out, give tourists the confidence to return and then a 22% increase will mean somthing. I live in Pattaya and have never know it so quiet and businesses are closing every day of the week. One bar I use you could almost say would have 20-30 people any night of the week but now I go with a friend and lucky if 2-4 people at the bar. To the army I say carry on with what you are doing to eliminate corruption and restore the confidence of Europeans wishing to visit Thailand and then a 22% increase will be small change

• Like 1

July and August are the month with holidays in the schools in Europe.

If you want to holiday with your children it will be one of these month.

They must compare July 2014 with July 2013 to get some meaningful information.

Well certainly that would be "meaningful" with respect to comparing this time last year with now but comparing last month with this month might actually be more relevant to those thinking about getting into something dependant upon tourism growth in the present... or say, NEXT month if the numbers keep climbing... just saying!

I have not s,even an increase on Koh Samui infact I would say the opposite and that is more are leaving than arriving

Why then two Lomprayah ferries arriving this afternoon in Maenam? ... loaded ! facepalm.gif Talking to a local restaurant, he says business up too... in last while...

Many families with children on Maenam beach this afternoon too~ !

IMG_6882.JPG

Three large buses down there too, which one rarely sees... so Samui is not as dead as you think! whistling.gif

IMG_6872.JPG

Try asking any hotelier how their occupancy numbers are. I don't think they will be talking about any increases.

Hoteliers in Chiang Mai that have learned how to cater to Chinese tourists, both individuals and tour groups, seem to be doing just fine.

That's a trend that isn't going to change soon and will only spread further around the world.

Eight times as many Chinese baby boomers as USA.

Perhaps the best analogy for the market potential of China's new middle class is the late 20th-century heyday of the 76-million-strong Baby Boomer generation here in the U.S. -- except that the scale of China's new consumer culture is much larger. "A lot of companies in the United States got tremendous benefits from the Baby Boomer demographic transformation. The transformation of the middle class in China makes the Baby Boomer generation pale," Fain said.

Within the next 10 years, economists project 630 million mostly urban middle-class Chinese, more than eight times the number of American Baby Boomers. According to McKinsey & Company, by 2022 the middle class will make up 75% of China's urban population, compared to 4% in 2000.

Because middle-class spending power is relatively new in China, its markets aren't saturated or suffering from consumer ennui. Like young American Boomers before them, today's middle-class Chinese have an appetite for designer goods and new, upscale experienceslike indoor skydiving on a luxury cruise to Korea or Japan.

Remember theres still a lot of tourists visiting Bangkok , weekend trips from nearby countries or cheap budget flights from Australia and Europe , some people choose Bangkok for a few days before they travel somewhere else.

Well I called my regular hotel in Bkk for my monthly visit and was told that they are fully booked. The lady told me "now high season"! Amazing Thailand, they

can change the start of high season from Nov to mid Aug. I found it hard to believe but that is what she told me.

wai.gif

Just had a brain wave ,the end of July this year coincided with the end of Ramadan , which is the biggest Muslim holiday on the calender . 3 day National holiday in Malaysia and probably more in the Middle east . Last year the holiday was in August. So i f the rise in Tourism is to believed , I would say that's why, but it means bugger all for Thai Tourism . Augusts figures will be down because end of Ramadan is in July this year and not August

I can't believe they have shamelessly quoted that figure as if its a revelation. End of Ramadan , Eid ,Hari Raya moved into July this year so its like moving Christmas into September and then acting all pleased and self satisfied when the Tourist numbers increase. If that number is anything near accurate its a blip and it will go away next month. I wonder if they will admit this August the figures are down on last August, and they will be ,as the above holiday is not in August this year like it was for the last 3 years

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Eight times as many Chinese baby boomers as USA.

Perhaps the best analogy for the market potential of China's new middle class is the late 20th-century heyday of the 76-million-strong Baby Boomer generation here in the U.S. -- except that the scale of China's new consumer culture is much larger. "A lot of companies in the United States got tremendous benefits from the Baby Boomer demographic transformation. The transformation of the middle class in China makes the Baby Boomer generation pale," Fain said.

Within the next 10 years, economists project 630 million mostly urban middle-class Chinese, more than eight times the number of American Baby Boomers. According to McKinsey & Company, by 2022 the middle class will make up 75% of China's urban population, compared to 4% in 2000.

Because middle-class spending power is relatively new in China, its markets aren't saturated or suffering from consumer ennui. Like young American Boomers before them, today's middle-class Chinese have an appetite for designer goods and new, upscale experienceslike indoor skydiving on a luxury cruise to Korea or Japan.

fewer americans in this world heh ... a good thing

Fewer Americans means a smaller American Armed Forces to keep you safe in your prejudice. If you are European, you don't pay any of your taxes for self-defense, you let the US do it for you. Maybe you prefer more Chinese Military or Russian Military to 'protect' you.

• Like 1

One post has been removed, please see the following rule:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

as well as the average seasonal change from June to July

This year's "high season" is not very high.

In the US, 'high season' in Thailand is December/January when airline ticket prices go up about 20%. Maybe it's because those months have the best weather in Thailand. There are no price increases during the rainy season; at least from the US.

In the US, 'high season' in Thailand is December/January when airline ticket prices go up about 20%. Maybe it's because those months have the best weather in Thailand. There are no price increases during the rainy season; at least from the US.

here in Thailand we have 2 high seasons - (mid) july to august and xmas to about the end of March....

this summer is noticeably down... a lot.