Thai company for visa + work permit

If I were to setup a Thai company, rent a cheap office, hire 4 cute thai girls at minimum wage and pay myself the minimum salary would I be eligible for a yearly visa and work permit?

Does the company need to actually have customers and activity?

What do you need a work permit for, do you plan to work from this cheap rented office ?

no but I understand staying on business visa without a work permit doesn't sound 100% legit. just wondering what it would take to have a 100% legit setup that would allow to apply for PR after 5 years

The OP has no idea what a complete and utter ball ache it is to operate a company in Thailand. Completely not worth the hassle, and if your company does not turn a profit, they stop your work permit and visa. after a year or so.

• Like 2

"If I were to setup a Thai company, rent a cheap office, hire 4 cute thai girls at minimum wage and pay myself the minimum salary would I be eligible for a yearly visa and work permit?

Does the company need to actually have customers and activity?" Yes you can be eligible for e yearly visa and work permit. You don't have to have any activity, you only have to pay monthly and yearly taxes.

"If I were to setup a Thai company, rent a cheap office, hire 4 cute thai girls at minimum wage and pay myself the minimum salary would I be eligible for a yearly visa and work permit?

Does the company need to actually have customers and activity?" Yes you can be eligible for e yearly visa and work permit. You don't have to have any activity, you only have to pay monthly and yearly taxes.

You might be mistaken with a person who sets up a company for the purpose of owning land.

Its sounds like your not old enough for a retirement visa

or not enough money for an investment visa

or not eligible for ED visa

etc etc

but want to stay in Thailand?

I think hiring 4 cute girls is your biggest problem. Its a nice idea but certainly not a business plan.

Good luck as you'll need it

Elite card.. sorted!

you cant work with a elite card, but you get a taxi from airport to your hotel

The OP has no intention to work, he wants to set-up a bogus company to get a work permit in the hopes that it will lead to permanent residency in the near future.

How much one pay tax from declared salary?

I was told 5%

Correct?

It's actually 9% 4.5 from employee & 4.5 from employer. The max taxable is 15000.

I am assuming you're referring to SS tax

Edited by yankee99

I am not sure if this help you but this was my experience.

we are trying to open a limited company with my thai girlfriend, I worked in IT several years and she too, we have a real online business purpose, and to operate internationally we need to use gateway payments and other things that only work with non personal business, limited company is ok.

In Thailand for open limited company she need 2 partners more, the owners that can be friends or family with a percentage of investment, she need 1M to show in some way, but with the advice of accounting and business thai people she can do it as a temporal loan and just pay 15k to do all the paperwork registration and finally the 1M baht is not needed (ok this seems illegal but apparently for thai people is just a paperwork to be done)

Work Visa part
She asked about what she need get me a visa, the Non B and a work permit can be done but as a worker, I can't be one of the owners probably because the complexity and the upper amount of investment (I think was 2M but now after the crackdown the amount is bigger from 3M to 10M) still not sure, but to get the work permit they will do all the paperwork for 30k

But you need to count that for 1 farang worker you need to add 4 thai people worker so in the case of the limited company we have 3 owners, 1 farang 4 thai people workers

you need to pay the medical stuff to the government (sorry don't not how to call it) that is the percentage of the income is around 5-10%

I don't know the minimum salary for thai people (at this point I just reject the offer) but should be 6 or 8 k per month

The amount was 3,6k per month for the 4 thai people (probably there is a law about the minimum when a farang is on the team)

and for the farang more

the minimum income for a farang based in the actual thai rule is depending from your nationality

Europe and North America 50k per month

Japan, Korea, Singapore etc 45k

Russia, Eastern Europe, South America and South Africa 35k
Africa, Asia 25k

At this point we are just starting and really no way to contract Thai people, I usually work by projects and subcontract from my income, impossible to contract 4 thai to get them idle in a small office, but for she is pretty good since she can operate from any country remotely while we traveling, not need to contract more people in that terms.

Edited by ITGabs
  • Like 1

we are trying to open a limited company with my thai girlfriend, I worked in IT several years and she too, we have a real online business purpose, and to operate internationally we need to use gateway payments and other things that only work with non personal business, limited company is ok.

In Thailand for open limited company she need 2 partners more, the owners that can be friends or family with a percentage of investment, she need 1M to show in some way, but with the advice of accounting and business thai people she can do it as a temporal loan and just pay 15k to do all the paperwork registration and finally the 1M baht is not needed (ok this seems illegal but apparently for thai people is just a paperwork to be done)

Work Visa part

She asked about what she need get me a visa, the Non B and a work permit can be done but as a worker, I can't be one of the owners probably because the complexity and the upper amount of investment (I think was 2M but now after the crackdown the amount is bigger from 3M to 10M) still not sure, but to get the work permit they will do all the paperwork for 30k

But you need to count that for 1 farang worker you need to add 4 thai people worker so in the case of the limited company we have 3 owners, 1 farang 4 thai people workers

you need to pay the medical stuff to the government (sorry don't not how to call it) that is the percentage of the income is around 5-10%

I don't know the minimum salary for thai people (at this point I just reject the offer) but should be 6 or 8 k per month

The amount was 3,6k per month for the 4 thai people (probably there is a law about the minimum when a farang is on the team)

and for the farang more

the minimum income for a farang based in the actual thai rule is depending from your nationality

Africa, Asia 25k

At this point we are just starting and really no way to contract Thai people, I usually work by projects and subcontract from my income, impossible to contract 4 thai to get them idle in a small office, but for she is pretty good since she can operate from any country remotely while we traveling, not need to contract more people in that terms.

Australian workers do not get a mention?? what are we worth , little??

Work Visa part

and for the farang more

Africa, Asia 25k

Australian workers do not get a mention?? what are we worth , little??

Work Visa part

and for the farang more

Africa, Asia 25k

This is basically correct. I don't think the company director can count as a employee. We gave the two required partners 1% each. Not a big deal just takes time and patience

This is basically correct. I don't think the company director can count as a employee. We gave the two required partners 1% each. Not a big deal just takes time and patience

I asked that and the answer was that the company director and the partners not count as a employee. maybe before was different?

Work Visa part

and for the farang more

Africa, Asia 25k

You could have set your company up without showing any money (1m or 2m etc). To set the company up, you need 3 shareholders/partners. Do this in 3 Thai persons name with the following shares 49%, 49% and 2% with one of the Thai shareholders signing over to you at the same time. By doing this the Thai people don't have to explain or show where they got the money from at all. When the shares are split, make sure that the Thai's only have preference shares (10 shares=1 vote) and you hold all normal shares (1 share = 1 vote). This not only protects you it also means that even though you own 49% you still maintain full control of the company. My lawyer set my company up this way with my partner 49% (9800 shares = 980 votes), her mother 2% (400 shares = 40 votes) and myself with 49% (9800 shares = 9800 votes). This means that even if they get together and try to do anything it will not happen unless I agree, because their 1020 votes against my 9800 means I remain in full control. If your lawyer has not done this, get a new lawyer and change the structure.

For a work permit, yes you are correct 4 Thai workers = 1 foreigner. Social security needs to be paid for a min 4 Thai workers which is 9% (4.5% thai, 4.5% company). I pay the 9% out of the company to keep the staff happy. On top of this you will also have to pay personal tax on top.

Minimum salary is suppose to be 9000 baht per month for Thai workers and for the foreigner it totally depends on what region you come from. For me it was 50000 min per month. Only pay yourself the minimum on the books otherwise you will pay more tax (this is self explanatory). Thailand basically runs on a cash society so you will obviously be making much more than this. Your accountant will help you out here, so make sure you have a good one.

• Like 2

Work Visa part

and for the farang more

Africa, Asia 25k

thats what i keep asking over and over

How much tax from 50k u have to pay

Means its cost for u and ur gf

Money u need send to gov everymonth

I was told in some office 5% but i think its my part and company wchich is stil ours have to pay 5% so total 10%...

?

There is no minimum salary requirement for foreigners to obtain a work permit.

The salary requirement comes into play when one wants to obtain a permission to say extension based on employment.

Edited by Spoonman

Work Visa part

and for the farang more

Africa, Asia 25k

You could have set your company up without showing any money (1m or 2m etc). To set the company up, you need 3 shareholders/partners. Do this in 3 Thai persons name with the following shares 49%, 49% and 2% with one of the Thai shareholders signing over to you at the same time. By doing this the Thai people don't have to explain or show where they got the money from at all. When the shares are split, make sure that the Thai's only have preference shares (10 shares=1 vote) and you hold all normal shares (1 share = 1 vote). This not only protects you it also means that even though you own 49% you still maintain full control of the company. My lawyer set my company up this way with my partner 49% (9800 shares = 980 votes), her mother 2% (400 shares = 40 votes) and myself with 49% (9800 shares = 9800 votes). This means that even if they get together and try to do anything it will not happen unless I agree, because their 1020 votes against my 9800 means I remain in full control. If your lawyer has not done this, get a new lawyer and change the structure.

For a work permit, yes you are correct 4 Thai workers = 1 foreigner. Social security needs to be paid for a min 4 Thai workers which is 9% (4.5% thai, 4.5% company). I pay the 9% out of the company to keep the staff happy. On top of this you will also have to pay personal tax on top.

Minimum salary is suppose to be 9000 baht per month for Thai workers and for the foreigner it totally depends on what region you come from. For me it was 50000 min per month. Only pay yourself the minimum on the books otherwise you will pay more tax (this is self explanatory). Thailand basically runs on a cash society so you will obviously be making much more than this. Your accountant will help you out here, so make sure you have a good one.

How much tax u pay from 50k?