Old Acer wanted

starkey_rich

Hi everyone

There is young Thai kid near me who was given an old Acer Aspire 5670 laptop a while ago.Unfortunately the screen has packed up.It is not really worth spending any money on it so if any of you kind souls has on old acer or monitor kicking around you don't want please PM me

Cheers

It should have a plug in for a monitor, so even if you don't have a laptop screen (and saying even if you found an old Acer laptop screen, same vintage and size may not work because different models are peculiar) you could just use old desktop monitor.

What about a HDMI cable or a VGA cable (whichever socket this model has) and he can plug it into the family TV - if they have one.

Not a long term solution, but a very cheap short term option.

An old Acer laptop wouldn't have an HDMI connector and only new digital TVs have them, but it would most likely have a VGA, so any old computer monitor would work. Most TV's don't have a VGA input connector...

What about a HDMI cable or a VGA cable (whichever socket this model has) and he can plug it into the family TV - if they have one.

Not a long term solution, but a very cheap short term option.

An old Acer laptop wouldn't have an HDMI connector and only new digital TVs have them, but it would most likely have a VGA, so any old computer monitor would work. Most TV's don't have a VGA input connector...

I take your point, but it wouldn't hurt to ask what type of TV the family have. Most flat panel TV's have a VGA.

Thanx for the input guys.
I did a test with a VGA cable on my TV, worked fine but when I tried to explain that I could use their TV they gave me that stupid farang look and they lost interest.

I think they thought I was going to magic one out of the air.Oh well I tried

Thanx for the input guys.

I did a test with a VGA cable on my TV, worked fine but when I tried to explain that I could use their TV they gave me that stupid farang look and they lost interest.

I think they thought I was going to magic one out of the air.Oh well I tried

Well, it does work, that's why I suggested it, and for the cheap price of just a cable.

He could have used his computer when the family wasn't using the TV.

Anyway, as you say, you can only try.