My Online Bride

Boycie

My Online Bride, Channel 4 Monday 18th August 10pm (UK)

This programme follows British men as they head abroad in search of a wife.

Thai related, Romance tours in Bangkok and a Wakefield man prepares to welcome his new Thai bride to the UK.

post-62796-0-80802900-1408286843_thumb.j

Hope its worth a watch and as entertaining as Louis Theroux documentary 'Thai Brides'.

• Like 2

Totally agree with Charlie, and bet there is probably scores of these types of documentaries uploaded on Utube.

There programmes always show Thailand and the Thai people is a bad light. I for one won`t be wasting 65 minutes of my life watching it.

• Like 1

Totally agree with Charlie, and bet there is probably scores of these types of documentaries uploaded on Utube.

There programmes always show Thailand and the Thai people is a bad light. I for one won`t be wasting 65 minutes of my life watching it.

Well....would it be not better to watch it first and then make your comment ? Maybe too much to ask though for a prejudiced person.

• Like 1

Well....would it be not better to watch it first and then make your comment ? Maybe too much to ask though for a prejudiced person.

Do you mean that you think this documentary about a farang marrying a Thai is going to be any different from all the others? Bet ya it isn`t.

In my case I would describe it as foresight rather than prejudiced.

Do you mean that you think this documentary about a farang marrying a Thai is going to be any different from all the others? Bet ya it isn`t.

In my case I would describe it as foresight rather than prejudiced.

If i remember the Louis Theroux program from many moons ago was about British men looking via a datingagency in BKK for a Thai bride. Cant remember anything about it that would have put Thailand or its people in a bad light. Its not my cup of tea but everybody is different and can choose his/her own way to happiness.

Just watch it and report back. I for 1 will not be able to see it on TV as i am not a citizen of the Ol Empire.

Maybe i was hoping for something more, but yes, it all came across as quite boring.

Wasn't really interested in the Ukraine part, just the Thai related features.

But fair play to the those that took part and allowed the TV company to film them and to tell their stories.

Theres a series running now on True Visions called 90 day Fiance where all the women have somehow been given a 90 dsy visa to the states .

The couple have 90 days together and at the end they must decide to marry or not.

Half decent , the bird from Brazil (?) is smoking hot !!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Correction !!!

The one from Colombia :-)

Watching it now , its on channel 564 if anyone cares to watch anytime

Edited by N47HAN

Theres a series running now on True Visions called 90 day Fiance where all the women have somehow been given a 90 dsy visa to the states .

The couple have 90 days together and at the end they must decide to marry or not.

Half decent , the bird from Brazil (?) is smoking hot !!

Any of the ladies or content from Thailand, or is this thread going a bit offtopic.gif ?

Maybe just a detour , didnt want to hijack your thread thought it was relative to your op.

Ok no Thais in the programme but the post is in the pub and im in Thailand so.. back to the channel 4 programme

Apolagies

Edited by N47HAN

Maybe i was hoping for something more, but yes, it all came across as quite boring.

Wasn't really interested in the Ukraine part, just the Thai related features.

But fair play to the those that took part and allowed the TV company to film them and to tell their stories.

I watched it too, pretty brave for anyone to actually take part in this type of fly on the wall show.

I actually thought the Ukraine fact of the 4:1 ratio of women to men there was pretty interesting.

One of the Thai parts though, with the 1 girls family asking for 2,000 baht a day from the UK gent to support her certainly wasn't a highlight for her, her family or Thailand in general. Her claiming it's not business seemed rather fetched.

I cringed through a torrent download of it last night.

This is one of the reasons I have no issues with these women pillaging the arse out of buffoons like this.

How can you turn up looking like dog's breakfast and SERIOUSLY expect even a half-attractive Thai woman to be interested in anything but your wallet?

They asked all the girls in that social night if they found the men attractive - every last one of them said, "NO".

I'm not saying that only good-looking men should have a shot - that would be moronic - but a guy not blessed with movie idol looks can still come over as a genuine catch for an attractive woman if he makes the effort in other aspects of what he brings to the table and I'm not talking about a massive sin sot or a huge monthly allowance.

The Wakefield chap just seemed overly-concerned at how much he'd shelled out to get his wife. First time he was asked, he lamented on £2,000 then later looked to be on the brink of tears at the airport as he bitched about £8-9,000 all in.

Just looking at and listening to him, you just know he's eventually going to try to control what she does and who she sees. It's like he's bought himself a slave.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I just watched this yesterday and had a good laugh to be honest. Was that british guy acting with the sobbing tears- did the producer put that one on him? Come on, who would cry for a bar girl....

At the end of the day I think that there are some really desperate and niave guys out there who will waste money on dating agencies like foreign affairs- where these guys paid 2000 quid each to. In the end the guy from wakefield went to pattaya to meet a girl down there. I liked it how he said 'i am single and she is single'.... The only difference being that she will have 5 other farang on the go. ha ha

Do they pay people to go on these show's it is the only reason i can think they do,as generally they look complete idiot's,maybe they want their 15 mins of fame,who knows?

Never underestimate people's desire to have a short glimpse of fame. I imagine they put people up in hotels and pay for some food if they need to travel to film things. No matter how much money you have nothing is as sweet as they free meal!

Also, people rarely see themselves as outsiders see them so they are blissfully unaware of how stupid they look

• Like 1

There's a uk member here who was on 1 of these tv shows. He married a ladyboy.

Takes balls to do that.

unless "she" was post op of course..laugh.png

I don't think she was.

I saw a roll of sticky tape in their hotel bathroom.