Australian Tourist Rejected - need help NOW (please)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes back to the OP. He typed that he was lodging the application (3rd attempt).

My guess is it will be rejected again. He really needed to go to an agent. This is not the most straight forward situation.

Some are almost implying it is his application. I realize they not mean this.

Fact is in many ways he has little to do with it.

He is not living in AU and is not australian citizen (unless i missed he stating he is). I think in this case he cannot sponsor her.

Nor can for example her mother. He would of been better off gifting her money stating that fact and her including her bankbook in app.

This is only one important aspect of many boxes that needed to be ticked.

He could apply 10 times will make little difference if the criteria are not met.

Look at this from immigration point of view.

She is young and a student with no funds. Her bf is not Australian and furthermore does not reside in AU.

What if they had major falling out day one (op not suggesting this for one moment would actually occur)

She has no funds and then no lodgings. Ummm

There are many things that could of been included. Letters from family, wishing her a lovely trip and safe return. Pictures of herself with family/friends , pictures of her in class. (Think op said she does not attend)

Again he needed to go to an experienced agent for HER application

This is HER application and she needed to supply everything to enable immigration to grant her a visa.

" many times" gopro.

For a bloke with 39 posts, you have taken so many ladies back to your homeland.

As for review panel...... GIVE ME A BREAK.

The applcation in 95% of cases ticks the boxes or does not. Most applications that are rejected are down to people being too umb as to not address the criteria. The Mel Gibson conspiracy theory is a myth. Bit like your " I've been through the process many times"

Poor girls

What's the issue? It certainly more than possible to go through this process 'many times' even with the 1 partner. Especially given the multiple options that DIAC can issue a tourist visa (3, 6, 12 months etc), I myself have been through the process multiple times and I'll continue to do it annually (or bi-annually if DIAC are so inclined to issue a 24 month visa) until such time as my wife and I decide to move back to Australia. Even then we'll continue to do it whenever required for my outlaws.

It's a bit rich of you to claim that rejections are because "people are too dumb as to not address the criteria" - were you not rejected in the (recent) past?

DIAC are very much held to account, they're not a law unto themselves and to say otherwise speaks to ones knowledge of the Migration Act 1958 (http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/C2012C00331)

But don't let the truth get in the way of a good rant...

• Like 2

Yes, it can be costly however there is hope if DIAC get it wrong, you do get most of the application fee back.

A couple of a links from determinations made just recently - this shows they can get it wrong, on something simple such as a visitor visa.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/cth/MRTA/2014/1692.html

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/cth/MRTA/2014/1685.html

• Like 2

I just called the embassy, and after all the automated voice and stuff, I'm still unable to speak to a human.

I called VFS and finally was able to speak to a human. They say I should file another application with new documents and also state that we should let them know that it's urgent.

I think I will file another application but I have some questions.

Is showing her bank statements important? As she is a student and she kind of works for me, there isn't much movement going on in her bank account. Only sometimes I give her some money to pay our suppliers (not over 20,000 each time).

Would showing my Paypal statement help? I can't access my bank account over here, and the only account I can access to is my paypal, which I use it for my B to C sales.

What other documents can I submit to further strengthen the reason?

Thanks in advance!

If she is a student, have you had her get a letter from school showing her current enrollment status? If traveling during school break, then also school colander showing the vacation dates of the school?

Can we stick with the op. He is in slightly unusual position. This is his try at assisting his gf to obtain visa to visit AU.

I'm sure his subsequent applications will be a walk in the park. Its specifically this first application that has been rejected twice.

If he had typed in " Australian visa for thai girlfriend " there are many sites which are very helpfull. One in particular members may find helpfull is " ozvisathai " something like that. Basically takes you through step by step. Also has all the required forms.

Reason I kept harping about the fact that op could of considered using an agent is because of his specific situatio.

Can he do letter of invition? Can he do stat dec as suggested in many guidelines. I'm not sure.

An agent would.

My gf application was lodged on sept 13. Her/our situation was by comparison very straight forward. For example im retired plenty of funds. Live with her 2 years now in bkk. My name on housebook etc. Have own homes in au etc.

Even then my ( mean her ) application was enormous. Should have result this week/early next.

Subsequent applications will be like shelling peas.

When you read all the OP,s comments it seems he didn't do much research.

He should of posted looking for advice for the first attempt.

Yes, it can be costly however there is hope if DIAC get it wrong, you do get most of the application fee back.

A couple of a links from determinations made just recently - this shows they can get it wrong, on something simple such as a visitor visa.

Gopro

As we're talking about tourist visas to Thailand, AFAIK, they're not

open to appeal.

The ones you have highlighted are "sponsored family visas" which are

lodged in Australia, so therefore are appealable to the MRT.

So they're not really applicable to most cases we read about on here.

BTW, the cases you've provided, in my opinion the MRT have got it wrong.

Just my take on things.

• Like 1

I think what ever decision was to me made about this 3rd attempt at the Visa Application, given that departure is now just days away, I feel would have already been made by the OP.

To that end, I just hope he comes back and reports his findings ... what eventually happened.

I enjoyed reading those ... thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Gopro

open to appeal.

Just my take on things.

I thought this thread was for Aussie visas -which are open to MRT decisions

Sponsored Family Ozzie, Business Ozzie, Tourist Aussie, lodged offshore, or onshore, are all open to MRT review. Your comment the "sponsored" are not applicable. These are the 3 streams for sublass 600 visa short term stay visas. Most people apply under general tourist, however if visting family you'd apply under sponsored family and often you could be a business short term applicant say attending meetings like the op.

The example I gave, shows the applicant is offshore giving evidence by phone and she's never been in Australia.

post-176241-0-37890200-1408594580_thumb.

Edited by Gopro

Although not as romantic as your original plans, marry her in Thailand and show YOUR strong ties to Thailand demonstrating that you shall return to Thailand and she will return with you. In this case, better to demonstrate her minimal finances and strong dependency on you.

Sometimes, things are meant to be or not. In only hindsight will you see what was best. Do what you can, but it's not the end of your world as it's a visitors visa.

Edited by losgrad

I enjoyed reading those ... thanks for sharing.

David, I think what I'm trying to show, is if you read the review of the decisions by the MRT and how they came about it, using what evidence to either agree or diagree, you can see what they are looking for in terms of evidence to grant the visa or deny it. These 2 show what evidence and circumstanes they had taken into account to make the decision.

Heres a good example of why they chose to deny the person a tourist visa

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/cth/MRTA/2014/1686.html

That was also an excellent read.

Interesting that the Sponsor offered up a Bond, but that didn't sway the Tribunal.

The Judgement and ruling (in part) was ...

The Tribunal finds that the visa applicant has no employment or financial ties in Turkey that would give her an incentive to return. The visa applicant is not employed in Turkey. She has no income, property or other assets. She relies on her brother for financial support. She does not have any significant responsibilities in Turkey that provide her an incentive for her to return there.

The Tribunal finds that the visa applicant has not travelled out of Turkey.

The visa applicant has no history of travel and has few ties in Turkey or incentives to return

In summary, the Tribunal is not satisfied that the visa applicant has sufficient family, employment or financial ties in Turkey which would provide sufficient incentive for her to return to Turkey at the end of her stay. The Tribunal has concerns that the visa applicant intends to remain beyond the visa period (condition 8531).

The overwhelming reason to return still seems to a strong influence on the Visa decision.

try going to a less corrupt country. that one is full of and run by convicts, i dont know why anyone would want to go there anyway. i cant understand why thailand lets them into the country all. biggest illegal drug users in the world to boot.

they come here to thailand work illegally then dont want to leave especially those old decrepit codgers they are the worst. cant get rid of them

Your first post.....so polite and related to the OP....NOT

You will fit right in

Jack, when the Mods sweep though this thread, hopefully they will remove that comment.

Then, most likely your reply and this one will be hidden as to not show the original quote.

Gopro

open to appeal.

Just my take on things.

Sponsored Family Ozzie, Business Ozzie, Tourist Aussie, lodged offshore, or onshore, are all open to MRT review. Your comment the "sponsored" are not applicable. These are the 3 streams for sublass 600 visa short term stay visas. Most people apply under general tourist, however if visting family you'd apply under sponsored family and often you could be a business short term applicant say attending meetings like the op.

The example I gave, shows the applicant is offshore giving evidence by phone and she's never been in Australia.

Well, the thread is about Oz tourist visas - stock standard ones.

Aussie Joe wants to bring his partner to Australia, these visas are lodged offshore and cannot be appealed against.

Those are the visas most of us here talk about.

I don't understand why you say my comment is not applicable. The examples you provided are the sponsored family stream

and are lodged in Australia by the sponsor. Therefore, they're subject to an appeal by the MRT.

Aussie Joe's girlfriend won't be applying for a sponsored family stream.

Or am I missing something hereblink.png

Gopro

open to appeal.

Just my take on things.

Well, the thread is about Oz tourist visas - stock standard ones.

Aussie Joe wants to bring his partner to Australia, these visas are lodged offshore and cannot be appealed against.

Those are the visas most of us here talk about.

I don't understand why you say my comment is not applicable. The examples you provided are the sponsored family stream

and are lodged in Australia by the sponsor. Therefore, they're subject to an appeal by the MRT.

Aussie Joe's girlfriend won't be applying for a sponsored family stream.

Or am I missing something hereblink.png

Yes you are missing something

There's 4 streams to a sublass 600 visa (tourist visa). Sponsored family is one of them. E.g you want to bring your Thai girls mother for a holiday and you and thai girl lived in OZ. You would use this. Or e.g you were married to thai girl/defacto and she wanted to visit oz, and you were an ozzie citizen you could use this.

I just gave you evidence of applications applied offshore and reviewed by the MRT.

Edited by Gopro

Gopro, on 21 Aug 2014 - 11:20, said:

"Yes you are missing something

There's 4 streams to a sublass 600 visa (tourist visa). Sponsored family is one of them. E.g you want to bring your Thai girls mother for a holiday and you and thai girl lived in OZ. You would use this. Or e.g you were married to thai girl/defacto and she wanted to visit oz, and you were an ozzie citizen you could use this.

I just gave you evidence of applications applied offshore and reviewed by the MRT."

I'm aware of the 4 streams.

Now as far as I'm aware, tourist visas lodged in Bangkok are not subject to appeal.

Are you saying they are?

The examples you gave were not lodged offshore. They were lodged in Australia.

This from Immigration website regarding the visitor visa - family sponsored stream

Your

sponsor will need to lodge it in Australia with form 1149

Application for sponsorship for sponsored family visitors.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Sorry for the quoting being messed up.

Edited by Will27

I'm not a fan of the DIAC website but as you must

Oh for heaven's sake, of course you're not applying inside Australia.

The application is lodged in Australia. That's why you can appeal it

to the MRT and tourist visas lodged in Thailand can't.

Who should use this form?

Use this form if you are outside Australia and you are applying

for a Visitor Visa – Sponsored Family stream to visit family

members in Australia, and you have a family member who is

eligible and willing to sponsor you.

You will need to complete and sign this form and send it back

to your sponsor with all supporting documentation. Your

sponsor will need to lodge it in Australia with form 1149

Application for sponsorship for sponsored family visitors.

• Like 2

All the above posts, to me, demonstrate one thing. For the visa this lady required the OP Sshould of used and agent. He has not commented for few days but indicated he lodged his/her 3rd attempt. Would love to know how he showed copeling reason to return.

The discussion has focussed on appeals. For heavens the bloke travels on aug 28 ( i think)

He took time to open a topic and did not ask much about specific ways to met criteria.

Waste of time.

It is disappointing to notice that so many people post on here needing help/adice and then never follow up. This bloke gad a 28th departure. Hope he has safe trip alone.

Why the serious chip on your shoulder jacksam? Chill out. These things don't happen over night, the last thing I'd be looking at doing is updating this thread religiously if I've got to expidite a Visa Application. The 28th is tomorrow, it is possible the visa has not been approved yet and it may happen at the 11th hour.

Feedback for anyone going through this process re process time.

GF lodged the applicaton at VFS on Aug 13. We opted for notification of result via mail. Received the letter with result aug 22.

9 days start to finish with weekend and post times included.

• Like 1

Feedback for anyone going through this process re process time.

GF lodged the applicaton at VFS on Aug 13. We opted for notification of result via mail. Received the letter with result aug 22.

9 days start to finish with weekend and post times included.

I take it she was successful?

It is disappointing to notice that so many people post on here needing help/adice and then never follow up. This bloke gad a 28th departure. Hope he has safe trip alone.

Why the serious chip on your shoulder jacksam? Chill out. These things don't happen over night, the last thing I'd be looking at doing is updating this thread religiously if I've got to expidite a Visa Application. The 28th is tomorrow, it is possible the visa has not been approved yet and it may happen at the 11th hour.

Mr Smith, would that chip be Red Rock or Pringletongue.png

I guess you said serious chip so you must mean Red Rock.

• Like 2

PRINGLES? Blasphemer! Though, you could've said Smith's "Meat Pie & Sauce" flavour, that would've been worse :P

• Like 1

Here is the lineup: http://www.redrockdeli.com.au/

I wish they would make just regular salt n vinegar. The balsamic vinegar is not as good as the plain boring one

• Like 1