New Sports Bar Kad Falang

PostmanPat

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Men's Night? Maybe I should post at Hillside 4.

I assume that "men's night" is when men get to drink all evening for free, & ladies have to pay. About bloody time in my book thumbsup.gif

Where do the ladies get their money?

Not from me.

It's been said that there's no such thing as bad publicity. If that is the case then The Game is indeed ahead of the game at this point, given the longevity of this thread (and its sister thread.)

Good luck frankwhite (owner) on your new venture.

Again im not the owner

Im friends with the gm/ chef

Country Road is doing 69 THB hamburgers on Friday.

Have AFL live though? lol

Thats good if you are a fan of AFL.

Give them a break they look like they are listening to feed back on here, so that must be good for the business and its customers

Country Road is doing 69 THB hamburgers on Friday.

Went into Country Road, briefly, last Saturday evening. Sad and pathetic. One customer, apart from me, the football wasnt even on until I asked for it, two silly girls/ staff playing games on their phones non stop, and when I asked about food they said I can order from the Yummy Pizza menu up the road and they ll fetch it on a motorbike !!

(By the way I love Yummy, one of my favourite places).......but, if I wanted Yummy I d go to Yummy, makes me laugh, people talking up Country Road and talking down The Game, and yet on a Saturday night with Premiership football the kitchens closed and the match isnt on the TV at Country Road !!!!!!!!!!!!

I ordered a beer but was so disgusted I paid and left leaving half a large beer on the counter. Judging from the disinterest of the "staff" it might be still there !!!!

• Like 1

Is not easy for foreigner to start or do any business in Thailand, and if they are listening to customer feedback guess is right to support them. And for those not supporting due to whatever reason please do not keep posting negative remark. I'll for sure drop by again with my family to have lunch or dinner there. wai.gif

Good to see a few people on this forum are not so negative about everything, and actually giving support .

So many cynical people out there going out of their way, sometimes even outright lying, to bring down a new business. See it all the time on TVF and always wonder why.

Seems the owner and his staff have been very attentive to the constructive criticism offered here on this forum and of course from their customers.

Kad Faland does not have much going for it at the moment but with in 6 months Wine Connection, Starbucks, McDonald's, I cant remember the other large coffee outfit that says will be open 24/7, and possibly another major franchise restaurant, four banks and of course Rimping supermarket that will be much larger than now. Not to mention all the other small shops that will be going in. Dont hear the cynics saying anything about these new business, Yet. I guess they are waiting for the opening's, or just dont know what is really going on out here.

Rumor has it (from Kad Falang development) Premium Outlet shopping is going in right next door and a large water park is going in behind that in the not to far future.

• Like 2

There is no water park going in at Kad Farang. The one on the cards is opposite RimPing Mee Chock.

The other coffee shop going in is Tom Tom, the Korean franchise.

Play bot, robotics for kids, a muay thai gym, A Daiso (everything 60 baht Japanese) shop. It's due to open in December but they said last April and nothing is happening there at present, work has all stopped.

A huge bilingual school has opened up behind Kad Farang too. Impressive facilities.

It will never be a hive of activity but at least it offers the option for us southerners rather than going into town, and hence avoid the worsening traffic.

There is no water park going in at Kad Farang. The one on the cards is opposite RimPing Mee Chock.

Play bot, robotics for kids, a muay thai gym, A Daiso (everything 60 baht Japanese) shop. It's due to open in December but they said last April and nothing is happening there at present, work has all stopped.

A huge bilingual school has opened up behind Kad Farang too. Impressive facilities.

It will never be a hive of activity but at least it offers the option for us southerners rather than going into town, and hence avoid the worsening traffic.

There goes the neighbourhood! "Jonny, g3a, time to go home", plus all the other school announcements at full volume w00t.gif

• Like 1

There goes the neighbourhood! "Jonny, g3a, time to go home", plus all the other school announcements at full volume w00t.gif

Haha, yeah share the love I say. Too selfish a world we live in nowadays.

And i would like to apologise to dcutman, turns out there is a water slide park being built, by Santorinin of Hua Hin / Greece fame. 57 rai. About freaking time.

I didn't read this entire thread but I am hoping someone can give me the name of the manager of this bar. Is it Damien something? I appreciate the help.

Hey Julie, No Damien is not the manager of The Game. It is a plus sized sexy man named Andrew. Be careful that you don't drop something and pick it up while he is around. He might try and get it for you.

You are probably talking about Damoen Zane who owns Loco Elvis. He is sometimes at The Game because he is friends with Andrew. He's back in town to take back his restaurant and bar from the guys that allegedly illegally managed to transfer shares of his company and then allegedly managed to get the landlady to assign them the lease. It's looking good for him, by the way, as the government is pressing charges and it looks like it is only a matter of time before he gets Loco's back. Try him at Locos in a few months.

Need any more help and you can PM me.

Dave

And i would like to apologise to dcutman, turns out there is a water slide park being built, by Santorinin of Hua Hin / Greece fame. 57 rai. About freaking time.

Given the copycat nature of Thai businesses I can see 3 or 4 water parks opening within 6 months of each other ;)

Given the copycat nature of Thai businesses I can see 3 or 4 water parks opening within 6 months of each other wink.png

Even better. Gives us another option rather than another "mall" visit.

Had a pleasant morning / early afternoon at The Game watching AFL. Great big screen with good sound, attentive staff, food was good, and the manager was telling folks there all prices have been slashed as of last week.

We spent around 3 hours there had a big breakfast and a some light snacks, a coffee, 2 orange juices and my mum had about 7 cups of tea. All came too around 630 baht. Not too bad at all.

The place seemed to have a good flow of punters as well.

630 (no tip) for breakfast for two without drinks........a real success story. I can't wait for Mrs. Lincoln's review of the play at Ford's Theater.

Had a pleasant morning / early afternoon at The Game watching AFL. Great big screen with good sound, attentive staff, food was good, and the manager was telling folks there all prices have been slashed as of last week.

We spent around 3 hours there had a big breakfast and a some light snacks, a coffee, 2 orange juices and my mum had about 7 cups of tea. All came too around 630 baht. Not too bad at all.

630 (no tip) for breakfast for two without drinks........a real success story. I can't wait for Mrs. Lincoln's review of the play at Ford's Theater.

For the knobber, a breakdown.

Steak and eggs breakfast X1, imported steak, very good.

3 egg omellete, toast, potato breakfast X 1.

Fried Calamari rings with tartare (western style) X 1.

Coffee (fresh brewed Arabica) nice X 1.

Fresh orange juice, good quality (not Malee or Tipco) X 2

6 Cups of tea and fresh milk each time.

And the venue for AFL, biggest screen in there for us two (first in best dressed).

Very good and friendly service.

Both my mum and myself enjoyed our morning and she even commented after the bill (630 baht, is that all).

And you and your smartarse manner are saying thats a rip off? What are you saying? Or just trolling for a response?

Edited by DaamNaam
  • Like 2

I guess u think its still Thailand 1980 before they taxed imported beer. Also do u know the thai govt. put a 14% sin tax on alcohol last yr???

14% Sin tax?

Now you're just taking the piss...

Went through the drinks menu during quarter and half time breaks today. The prices have come into line with most other places in town. The manager even said in line with UN Irish and The Pub prices. So they have been listening.

A pint of Guinness was 220, thats roughly what i pay elsewhere.

They do seem to be trying to make an effort for it to succeed. Good luck to them i say.

Edited by DaamNaam
  • Like 2

For the knobber, a breakdown.

Steak and eggs breakfast X1, imported steak, very good.

3 egg omellete, toast, potato breakfast X 1.

Fried Calamari rings with tartare (western style) X 1.

Coffee (fresh brewed Arabica) nice X 1.

Fresh orange juice, good quality (not Malee or Tipco) X 2

6 Cups of tea and fresh milk each time.

And the venue for AFL, biggest screen in there for us two (first in best dressed).

Very good and friendly service.

Both my mum and myself enjoyed our morning and she even commented after the bill (630 baht, is that all).

And you and your smartarse manner are saying thats a rip off? What are you saying? Or just trolling for a response?

He's probably trolling because he so desperately wants it to fail that any positive comments annoy him. Anyone half decent would welcome them to Chiang Mai, wish them well and hope that they succeed. I'm pleased to see a positive response, not only from you, but from them. They've very obviously taken notice of the constructive advice given here, and hopefully ignored the jealous, negative and small-minded comments. They deserve our good wishes.

• Like 1