Where does guitarist Lam Morrison play now?

jackvale

You could message him directly here .... https://www.facebook.com/LamMorrison

From there : Lam Morrison Live every Tuesday, Friday & Saturday at Hot Tuna bar walking St.

Thank you Petercool.

Is that an outdoor beer bar? Apx. location? Thanks. Lam had tried his own club many years ago. Surprised he's simply cutting down to three nights a week at a "bar".

Is the Blues Factory closed for good? Thank you. MS>

Closed and gutted this week. Will be re-opening as a ______________(your guess is as good as mine but I would rule out a library).

I posted elsewhere, I read that the former "owner" Dave was moving back to England. So, he either sold it, gave it away, or just walked away from it. As we all know by now, the farang just rents so maybe the lease just ran it's course and someone new is going to open up a large bar/disco? A nice cigar club would fit, Cuban cigars and tequila along with pole dancers. No barfines, shows only.

Just walked past Big C on 2nd. road. On the Big C premises there is a Heinekin outdoor beer garden that faces 2nd. road. There is a big sign showing Lam Morrison will be playing there on 22nd and 23rd. Friday and Saurday this week. It's also showing the 29th. and 30th as well. I might go myself, I don't know the exact times though.

• 2 weeks later...

The Blues Factory is indeed closed for good.

Since the curfew etc things had been getting slow and with Lam himself not wanting to play when its quiet, my lease due and more importantly family problems in the UK I shut it down and i am indeed now back in England..

I tried to pass on the brand to someone else but understandably I also wouldn't want to do another project in Pattaya (or Thailand) at this time.

Lam I believe plays part time in Hot Tuna, where else I don't know.

Thanks to all that supported the Blues Factory.

:)

Since the curfew etc things had been getting slow and with Lam himself not wanting to play when its quiet, my lease due and more importantly family problems in the UK I shut it down and i am indeed now back in England..

I tried to pass on the brand to someone else but understandably I also wouldn't want to do another project in Pattaya (or Thailand) at this time.

smile.png

Sad to see the Blues Factory has closed, I came in when you first opened many moons ago and always enjoyed my visits there.

smile.png

Good luck to you Dave...I enjoyed your club. Cheers.

smile.png

Quite understand your feelings about a business in Thailand, especially at this time! My feelings about the place change on a weekly basis and I don't actually LIVE there (I'm in UK too) facepalm.gif

Hope you get your issues sorted, and thanks very much for the Blues Factory whilst it was yours - I spent many evenings there, enjoying the music and getting "happy" - drunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEE.gifoddly, Lam wasn't (IMO) the best of your acts - the guitarist known as "Snowman" (?) was my favourite, apart from the open mike night when Tony Stevens (ex Savoy Brown) appeared. I had previously seen him nearly 40 years before! guitar.gif.pagespeed.ce.Rjd-vqhNlw.gif

Good Luck Dave

I stopped by The Mood bar in Pratumnak last Friday and saw Snowman (Ken Minahan) playing with Tony Stevens (Foghat and Savoy Brown). Their group is called Slow Ride, go figure!

Great music and very nice bar, if you are looking for something a bit different.

http://www.moodpattaya.com/

Paul Camilleri's blues band plays on Thursdays.

I stopped by The Mood bar in Pratumnak last Friday and saw Snowman (Ken Minahan) playing with Tony Stevens (Foghat and Savoy Brown). Their group is called Slow Ride, go figure!

Great music and very nice bar, if you are looking for something a bit different.

http://www.moodpattaya.com/

Paul Camilleri's blues band plays on Thursdays.

That looks like a good place - will have to check it out next time I'm in Patts - thanks Lovetotravel wai2.gif

Not so much a question of where he plays but what time. I never got to hear him at the Blues Factory as he only played well after 1 am.

He averaged around 1245am but sometimes he was after 1am and sometimes about 1230am which is his proper time.

One of his bad points I'm afraid, even worse when his fans used to drag him around the tables talking so he'd be even longer getting up on stage.

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently Blues Factory will reopen under new ownership/ management and Lam could be playing there again so I'm told.

xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.CwSpBGGvqN.png

Wouldn't build a business on the back of a skittish bloke who could drop dead any minute and thinks he is bigger than the people employing him.

Remember he tried to set up a show where he was the main man a few years ago and that bit the dust in no time.

Apparently Blues Factory will reopen under new ownership/ management and Lam could be playing there again so I'm told.

xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.CwSpBGGvqN.png

Wouldn't build a business on the back of a skittish bloke who could drop dead any minute and thinks he is bigger than the people employing him.

Remember he tried to set up a show where he was the main man a few years ago and that bit the dust in no time.

Maybe thats a bit strong but I do know that its being re-opened not for him, if he plays he plays, if he doesn't he doesn't.

smile.png

• 1 year later...

Digging up an old thread, but with a question about the curfew, is it still in place ? I was in pattaya during the 2002 World Cup when the curfew was in place and it was horrible is it still like that ?

quote name="davethailand" post="8309365" timestamp="1409218315"]

Archived