New cars.. which brands/models offer good value IMO

Mazda 3.

Owning one I have to agree. saying that I also thought the Ranger was a good thing when I first got it but what a piece of shit that turned out to be.
That's only cos you broke it!!!!!
It broke whilst being used well within the specified capabilities of the vehicle. Ford telling me to off is when it all really turned to shit.

Hahahahahaha. I know just pulling ya leg. I remember your thread.

FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily

or

Found On the Road Dead

Guess both in your case Spoonman

Is there much difference between the new focus and mazda 3? They used to share the same platform / parts. I'd take the mazda over the ford any day. t least the mazda has a conventional 6 speeder compared o the ford's dsg which seems to have issues. Not ever sure they have been properly fixed....and then there is ford's (in)famous service..I wouldn't get the top spec mazda, as I'm not too keen on the creamy interior.

FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily

or

Found On the Road Dead

Guess both in your case Spoonman

Is there much difference between the new focus and mazda 3? They used to share the same platform / parts. I'd take the mazda over the ford any day. t least the mazda has a conventional 6 speeder compared o the ford's dsg which seems to have issues. Not ever sure they have been properly fixed....and then there is ford's (in)famous service..I wouldn't get the top spec mazda, as I'm not too keen on the creamy interior.

Yes the Focus and M3 use to share a lot as Ford use to own part of Mazda and Mazda actually designed the first Focus. But since Ford does not own any of Mazda anymore the M3 is totally redesigned for 2014 and the Focus is still using the 2011 platform. I agree on the cream interior as I wanted the top spec M3 but did not want those seats. Unfortunately one does not have a choice so I dropped down one level to get the black seats and then added the accessories I wanted that the top spec model had which in my case was only the navigation system for 15,000 baht.

I like Volvo's, especially the T5 stuff..............wub.png

I would never consider a BMW, but I like Merc's....thumbsup.gif

I would never consider another BM Trouble you but the 5 year warranty and service is attractive. Merc is way overpriced for thinly optioned cars and 2 year warranty is so 1990.

I like Volvo's, especially the T5 stuff..............wub.png

I would never consider a BMW, but I like Merc's....thumbsup.gif

I would never consider another BM Trouble you but the 5 year warranty and service is attractive. Merc is way overpriced for thinly optioned cars and 2 year warranty is so 1990.

Perhaps BMW have to give a 5 year warranty to stop the worries..whistling.gif ............smile.png

• Like 1

The best value for the money is the nissan almera. at a little over 600K you can get a loaded version with almost everything. I live in Pattaya and the dealer here wasn't giving away anything, so I e-mailed several dealers telling them what I wanted. Two in BKK responded that they could deal. A great car... Unfortunately the ex got it when I kicked her out. I have another one now and I think they are great cars.

Awful crap driven by people who are clueless about cars.
  • Like 1

I would also have to say Mazda 3. Of course I am prejudice as I just bought one but did my homework and think it is best in class.

How about the Mazda 6?

Nice care but they are not available in Thailand.

I AM A RETIRED AMERICAN, 80, LIVED HERE 10 YEARS, HAD 77 CARS PREVIOUSLY - FROM $ 8,000 - $50,000. BEST 2 OF ALL WERE THE 8M MDELS -- KIA AND HYUNDAI BECAUSE ;

UNLIKE MY GERMAN 40-50 GRAND AUTOS, I NEVER HAD TO RETURN TO THE DEALERS FOR ANYTHING

THEY GOT ME FROM POINT A TO POINT B, SOMETIMES CROSS COUNTRY SLOWLY BUT TROUBLE FREE, & EFFORTLESSLY

BOTH HAVE BETTER MOTOR TRAIN WARRANTEES THAN EVEN ROLLS ROYCE

I DIDN'T HAVE TO PAMPER EITHER, SEEK PROTECTED PARKING, DRINK GERMAN WINE,( KA KA ), OR GET A TALL TELMUDIC BLONDE TO BEAT ME NIGHTLY

I BECAME FREE OF STATUS SEEKING AND NO LONGER GAVE A FLYING INTERCOURSE, ( EXPLETIVE DELETED ), WHAT MY NEIGHBORS THOUGHT.

NEVER HAD ANOTHER CAR PAYMENT AND INSURANCE WAS DIRT CHEAP..

KIA NEEDED NEW BRAKE LININGS AT 80,000 MILES SO I GAVE IT TO MY HATED, FAST DRIVING STEP DAUGHTER.

Yes ok, but why do you need to shout at us?

I AM A RETIRED AMERICAN, 80, LIVED HERE 10 YEARS, HAD 77 CARS PREVIOUSLY - FROM $ 8,000 - $50,000. BEST 2 OF ALL WERE THE 8M MDELS -- KIA AND HYUNDAI BECAUSE ;

UNLIKE MY GERMAN 40-50 GRAND AUTOS, I NEVER HAD TO RETURN TO THE DEALERS FOR ANYTHING

THEY GOT ME FROM POINT A TO POINT B, SOMETIMES CROSS COUNTRY SLOWLY BUT TROUBLE FREE, & EFFORTLESSLY

I DIDN'T HAVE TO PAMPER EITHER, SEEK PROTECTED PARKING, DRINK GERMAN WINE,( KA KA ), OR GET A TALL TELMUDIC BLONDE TO BEAT ME NIGHTLY

I BECAME FREE OF STATUS SEEKING AND NO LONGER GAVE A FLYING INTERCOURSE, ( EXPLETIVE DELETED ), WHAT MY NEIGHBORS THOUGHT.

KIA NEEDED NEW BRAKE LININGS AT 80,000 MILES SO I GAVE IT TO MY HATED, FAST DRIVING STEP DAUGHTER.

Come on, give the guy some credit for getting online and communicating that way with others at his age.

• Like 1

Give him a break mate, he is just posting the same as he talks in real life..... loudly, like all of our American cousins do.

The Mazda 3 in Saloon version is rather nice.The Red Metallic sets it apart from the Black Boy Racer Ducks Arse Fiesta look. {Orrid}. The rear window is much larger as well and overall a Gentleman's Ride.The new Civic may be a Value contender, if the new Auto Box is as good as testers say, but im not sure after Fords Clever Boxes. id rather have the Mazda Box.