• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scum are scum wherever they come from.

Change to "Scum are scum from wherever they come"

and you have a nice bit of verse in iambic pentameter.

e.g. A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a Horse!

<deleted>? This has to be the winner of most "off topic" post for today, if not the week.

Edited by DaamNaam

re

What does one normally say, oh yeah, useless without pictures - Dave?

sorry cannot .... im right out of pizzed off angry blondes

this is the only angry looking bird ive got :)

dave2

Who would want a picture of some pissed up thirty plus UK broad, apart from dart practice, he'll go to the mall and check out some really good looking chicks.

re

What does one normally say, oh yeah, useless without pictures - Dave?

sorry cannot .... im right out of pizzed off angry blondes

this is the only angry looking bird ive got smile.png

dave2

Who would want a picture of some pissed up thirty plus UK broad, apart from dart practice, he'll go to the mall and check out some really good looking chicks.

The malls are great "perving places". Possibly in the worlds top 5. This is why I'm more than happy to go quite often with the family, otherwise wouldn't bother at all.

Sorry, slightly off topic...

Yeah ban all pisshead sheilas from makro...haha

Edited by DaamNaam

It never occurred to me that the original post was meant to slight a particular nationality. I honestly took it as factual reporting.

Me too ...

Some of the politically correct Liberal prats on here try to turn every comment into a racist slur. It makes me wanna puke. These holier than thou type with a halo above their head but still have no problem rumping chicks young enough to be their daughter or granddaughter as the case is with some.

Rumping, as you call it,somebody a lot younger than your self may be many things,but it aint racism,

Likener1

You are a dead bore!......

As for Ibiza, the Spanish police are cracking down hard there. It's a riot. They have a real problem. Worst are those from the UK (so as not to use the word Brit which seems to upset some) and I think it was the Germans. Leaves the French out of it for once.

Buy at a Small Shop,that ignores Thaksins silly idea.

Not as cynical as it sounds.

I know for a fact that 7-11 staff cannot sell alcohol outside permitted hours, whatever their own views, because the transaction will not go through the computer. I would guess Tops also has a computerised system that is programmed similarly. If the staff had been able to explain that they had no power to sell, then this person might have behaved differently; but probably not.

At least in a small shop you can try and charm the owner into selling to you.

DoctorB

From what the Op says I doubt the "lady" (I don't dare use the word Brit) was in any mental situation to think about things like that, or perhaps she thought that it would be cheaper in a supermarket. Also to my knowledge there aren't too many "small" shops floating around.

Edited by Gillyflower

Buy at a Small Shop,that ignores Thaksins silly idea.

Not as cynical as it sounds.

I know for a fact that 7-11 staff cannot sell alcohol outside permitted hours, whatever their own views, because the transaction will not go through the computer. I would guess Tops also has a computerised system that is programmed similarly. If the staff had been able to explain that they had no power to sell, then this person might have behaved differently; but probably not.

At least in a small shop you can try and charm the owner into selling to you.

Maybe the 7-11 I visit have a different software program as the hours are not heeded. Tops you can buy if over the minimum which is a case of big bottle beer and a box of wine. No big hassle really. What the law is invented for is nothing like what the law achieves as in so many Thai laws which seem to have been drafted by a poorly educated man on speed rather than a carefully thought out system.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

If the staff had been able to explain that they had no power to sell, then this person might have behaved differently; but probably not.

They really shouldn't have to. It's against the law and the silly bint should have accepted it.

Hi, why did you say it was a woman and dare to indicate her age? That is being sexist and ageist !

Dont forget, there are so many sensitive souls here.

Much better to report the incident as involving a non-Thai person of unknown age, and who appeared to be in a misunderstanding of a commercial nature.

whistling.gif

• Like 2

I hope she spends some time in the clink. Too many tourists think that can get away with anything here, because most Thais don't want to deal with pushiness.

You would think that perhaps a sign somewhere saying no drinks between... these hours... or simply lock the doors that hold the booze.

Not everyone knows the Thai laws.... And have you not mistakenly done that too ???

FYI...Please notice not one American poster said anything bad about this blonde Brit...or about ALL Brits Just saying!

Maybe next time share that courtesy.

I really appreciate the OP for his honesty.

Not to worry, there are plenty of "ugly Americans" to go around...

europe-hates-america.jpg

• Like 1

I hope she spends some time in the clink. Too many tourists think that can get away with anything here, because most Thais don't want to deal with pushiness.

You would think that perhaps a sign somewhere saying no drinks between... these hours... or simply lock the doors that hold the booze.

Not everyone knows the Thai laws.... And have you not mistakenly done that too ???

Don't know about this store, but I have seen signs at other TOPS stores' cash registers posting notice about sales as well as chained sections during "off hours."

In any case, regardless of national origin, the woman's behavior was apparently outrageous not that it was at all typical of tourists generally. No need to bash all tourists, Brits or Americans. OP is not the sort of person to do so or to exaggerate and certainly did not intend to do so, so I do not understand why some people have attacked him and his report.

• Like 2

What does one normally say, oh yeah, useless without pictures - Dave? biggrin.png Sounds like she missed a few AA meetings.

Yep. Her behavior is just that of a typical drunk, no more, no less.

Yeah, she will be stabbing someone in the leg with a broken bottle next.

What does one normally say, oh yeah, useless without pictures - Dave? biggrin.png Sounds like she missed a few AA meetings.

Yep. Her behavior is just that of a typical drunk, no more, no less.

Yeah, she will be stabbing someone in the leg with a broken bottle next.

Where in the OP does it describe her as a midget height challenged?

• Like 2

Just a few thoughts on what people have written:

I think restricting sales of alcohol to certain hours in the day is a good thing, the hours are not unduly onerous and it does provide for some amount of control and enforced self restraint. Anyway, there's loads of small places in the markets where alcohol can be purchased at any time of day, for those who truly can't wait.

I don't know if the woman was an alcoholic or not, I got the impression her mindset was, I want what I want, when I want it and I don't care about rules - the chug at checkout was a chess move, as already pointed out, not totally unsmart if winning was the objective.

Some interesting responses and attitudes to a very simple and innocent story, some of it seems to be misplaced PC, some is people being trivial and overly pedantic (thus bored I suspect), either that or a desire to cause trouble and upset, foolish really.

Good also to see an active police presence in the malls, I'd never thought about it before but they definitely are there it seems.

The law mandates that such signs are posted everywhere that alcohol is sold, look closer and you'll see it, in English and Thai.

I think restricting sales of alcohol to certain hours in the day is a good thing, the hours are not unduly onerous and it does provide for some amount of control and enforced self restraint. Anyway, there's loads of small places in the markets where alcohol can be purchased at any time of day, for those who truly can't wait.

as u have posted there are other alternative avenues, where one can get a drink etc etc

so why have a absoulately dumb law in the first place,

have seen many hissy fits in my world travels (and have done it myself)your o/p is just a storm in a tea cup,in fact I.MO. very boring to say the least

your o/p is just a storm in a tea cup,in fact I.MO. very boring to say the least

Whoever is forcing you to read this thread, tell them no, you don't want to, it's your right and we will support you on that point!

Edited by chiang mai

Sounds like Thailand adopted the old British licensing laws that were implemented during WWI and not changed until sometimes in the late 1980s. I think that the legal times were 1200-1440 and 1830 -2130. I'm American and the licensing laws differ from state to state and even to the city level in some States. Some areas of the US are still "dry".

as u have posted there are other alternative avenues, where one can get a drink etc etc

so why have a absoulately dumb law in the first place,

have seen many hissy fits in my world travels (and have done it myself)your o/p is just a storm in a tea cup,in fact I.MO. very boring to say the least

Whoever is forcing you to read this thread, tell them no, you don't want to, it's your right and we will support you on that point!

have read this thread on my tod, u appear to be very prickly, when a post does not fit into your agenda,.rolleyes.gif again a very minor disturbance in todays world,and a dumb liquor law in place

loosen up c/mai,better for your blood pressure u knowsmile.png , a nice morning to allbiggrin.png

Sounds like Thailand adopted the old British licensing laws that were implemented during WWI and not changed until sometimes in the late 1980s. I think that the legal times were 1200-1440 and 1830 -2130. I'm American and the licensing laws differ from state to state and even to the city level in some States. Some areas of the US are still "dry".

It's only in fairly recent years, 2008 I think, that Thailand adopted restricted hours, previously you could buy alcohol at any time.

It's only in fairly recent years, 2008 I think, that Thailand adopted restricted hours, previously you could buy alcohol at any time.

thaksin govt implemented this law,around the 2004 mark

"early thirty year old blond Brit female"

Not surprized, they think the world owes them something.

Similar behaviour, when they come to Greece.

Except, if she comes from Essex.

Then she is excused.

My daughter-in-law is an early thirties blonde Brit female from Essex.

Does not drink except occasional glass of wine with a meal.

Is a Chartered Accountant and mother or two well behaved children.

Next stereotype please.....

A loverly song by Ian Dury......

Good evening, I'm from Essex

In case you couldn't tell

My given name is Dickie

I come from Billericay and I'm doing very well

Had a love affair with Nina

In the back of my Cortina

A seasoned up hyena

Could not have been more obscener

She took me to the cleaners

And other misdemeanors

But I got right up between her

Rum and her Ribena

Well, you ask Joyce and Vicki

If candy-floss is sticky

I'm not a blinking thicky

I'm Billericay Dickie and I'm doing very well

I bought a lot of brandy

When I was courting Sandy

Took eight to make her randy

And all I had was shandy

Another thing with Sandy

What often came in handy

Was passing her a 'Mandy'

She didn't half go bandy

So you ask Joyce and Vicki

If I ever took the mickey

I'm not a flipping thicky

I'd rendezvous with Janet

Quite near the Isle of Thanet

She looked more like a gannet

She wasn't half a prannet

Her mother tried to ban it

Her father helped me plan it

And when I captured Janet

She bruised her pomegranate

If I ever shaped up tricky

I'm not a blooming thicky

You should never hold a candle

If you don't know where it's been

The jackpot is in the handle

On a normal fruit machine

Who's their brickie

I'm not a common thicky

I know a lovely old toe-rag

Obliging and noblesse

Kindly, charming shag

From Shoeburyness

My given name is Dickie

I come from Billericay

I thought you'd never guess

A pair of squeaky chickies

I'm not a flaming thicky

Oh golly, oh gosh

Come and lie on the couch

With a nice bit of posh

From Burnham-on-Crouch

My given name is Dickie

I come from Billericay and I ain't a slouch

About Billericay Dickie

I ain't an effin' thicky

You ask Joyce and Vicki

And I'm doing very well

Geez, please tell me you cut and pasted that.

thaksin govt implemented this law,around the 2004 mark

"On the 14th of February 2008, Thailand introduced new laws regulating alcohol production, sale, use and alcohol addiction management. This study will focus on chapter four of the new laws which relate to increasing the legal age for purchasing alcohol from 18 to 20 years of age, restrictions on alcohol advertising, hours of alcohol sale, alcohol promotion and banning alcohol sales and consumption in specific geographical locations that include temples, schools, and universities. It will examine the effects of new alcohol restrictions on alcohol consumption, STIs prevalence, and alcohol-associated sexual risk behaviors among under-aged, high-risk, Thai youth".

http://www.rihes.cmu.ac.th/rihes2010/en/NonNetworkNIHStudies/Alcohol.php