Islamist militants 'kill US reporter James Foley on video'

webfact

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I surely wouldn't mind being the one to throw the switch on him.

And that make you from the same caliber as the IS guy. Maybe it would be more sensible to talk with people like that, But it seems that you know all the answers.

Well, I'd agree that perhaps one of us is...

And that make you from the same caliber as the IS guy. Maybe it would be more sensible to talk with people like that, But it seems that you know all the answers.

I hope your not serious?

One of the biggest problems the west has in dealing with these islamist savages is realising that you must fight savagery with savagery.

• Like 1

Far too many western countries have opened their doors to radical islam and do not have the tools to keep them in check. It will not be long now before another mass murder by a martyr will be commited in a western counrty in the name of Islam.

I guess that's karma for what the Western countries did during the Crusades.

More muslims have been killed by other muslims in the last two decades then were ever killed in the crusades. How's that karma for you?

• Like 1

Well, I'd agree that perhaps one of us is...

And, BTW, have you found that there's much meaningful conversation going on (you know, "talk") while you're cutting someone's head off? ...OR while blowing up busses they're riding in, or coffee shops they're sitting in, or high-rise buildings they're working in, or airliners they're flying in. or (etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc....)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Far too many western countries have opened their doors to radical islam and do not have the tools to keep them in check. It will not be long now before another mass murder by a martyr will be commited in a western counrty in the name of Islam.

Western countries have advanced since the dawn of civilization. Not so, for much of the Arab world.

Please reflect on the comment you have made.

Debate is a good thing but an engrained bigotry is not. The Arab world was the cradle of modern civilisation, from Mathematics, to Astronomy to Medicine to art and culture, all while most 'civilisations' in the western world were dancing around stones and burning those that had a cure for the common cold as witches. During the crusades the advanced medicinal knowledge displayed by Arabic physicians was light years ahead of their 'western counterparts'. Just as Christianity led the west in to a dark age, so in broad brush terms has Islam led the Muslim world. The fact the place is all screwed up now has zero to do with their previous accomplishments.

There has been little contribution to science, Maths, Medicine in the last 5-600 years because the islamic religion entered it's own dark age, where self proclaimed men of power gave their own interpretations of what is permissible within the religion. Without the knowledge and influence of Arabic scientists and the like from 2000BC and before until around 1400AD, those of us in the western world would still be foraging for food. Stop kidding yourself and allowing your prejudices to come through. WIthout the great civilisations and advances made by the Persians, Egypt, the Arabs throughout Iraq and what we now know as Syria, Lebanon etc etc etc the west would be nothing. They all had Universities that proceeded even the earliest of 'western' academic institutions. Even the very language you speak and write in is based on their language and numeracy. Did you make this comment just to purposely inflame the argument or did they genuinely not teach you this at school?

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Western countries have advanced since the dawn of civilization. Not so, for much of the Arab world.

Debate is a good thing but an engrained bigotry is not. The Arab world was the cradle of modern civilisation, from Mathematics, to Astronomy to Medicine to art and culture, all while most 'civilisations' in the western world were dancing around stones and burning those that had a cure for the common cold as witches. During the crusades the advanced medicinal knowledge displayed by Arabic physicians was light years ahead of their 'western counterparts'. Just as Christianity led the west in to a dark age, so in broad brush terms has Islam led the Muslim world. The fact the place is all screwed up now has zero to do with their previous accomplishments.

There has been little contribution to science, Maths, Medicine in the last 5-600 years because the islamic religion entered it's own dark age, where self proclaimed men of power gave their own interpretations of what is permissible within the religion. Without the knowledge and influence of Arabic scientists and the like from 2000BC and before until around 1400AD, those of us in the western world would still be foraging for food. Stop kidding yourself and allowing your prejudices to come through. WIthout the great civilisations and advances made by the Persians, Egypt, the Arabs throughout Iraq and what we now know as Syria, Lebanon etc etc etc the west would be nothing. They all had Universities that proceeded even the earliest of 'western' academic institutions. Even the very language you speak and write in is based on their language and numeracy. Did you make this comment just to purposely inflame the argument or did they genuinely not teach you this at school?

I accept what you're saying. And most every civilization of any note has contributed something at some time. But the "I just slaughtered forty-seven innocents in cold blood, but when I was a kid I was an eagle scout" defense just seems inadequate somehow, you know? Your facts are correct, but they're ancient history (literally). Let's discuss what Muslims are contributing to the world NOW, besides murder & mayhem, shall we?

I accept what you're saying. And most every civilization of any note has contributed something at some time. But the "I just slaughtered forty-seven innocents in cold blood, but when I was a kid I was an eagle scout" defense just seems inadequate somehow, you know? Your facts are correct, but they're ancient history (literally). Let's discuss what Muslims are contributing to the world NOW, besides murder & mayhem, shall we?

You should separate "Muslims" and "Islamists". The latter is a subset of the former. Just as our friends in Israel should not all be lumped in as "Zionists". No group like being labelled as their minority extremists.

• Like 1

Did you make this comment just to purposely inflame the argument or did they genuinely not teach you this at school?

Perhaps you missed the part about "advancing"? They did some wonderful things a millennium ago, but what have they done to advance civilization in the last 800 years?

Edited by Ulysses G.

Did you make this comment just to purposely inflame the argument or did they genuinely not teach you this at school?

Perhaps you missed the part about "advancing"? They did some wonderful things a millennium ago, but what have they done to advance civilization in the last 800 years?

How many Nobel prizes have been awarded to Muslims. They are well under represented in their contribution to modern science.

How many Nobel prizes have been awarded to Muslims. They are well under represented in their contribution to modern science.

Nobel prize for mathematics, Iranian lady, last month.

Yes, good point. My premise still stands however.

You should separate "Muslims" and "Islamists". The latter is a subset of the former. Just as our friends in Israel should not all be lumped in as "Zionists". No group like being labelled as their minority extremists.

And yet the so-called "majority" of Muslims don't seem to do much to stand up and resist the hijacking of their religion by the "minority", "the very few". The few reports one hears are almost anecdotal in number. IF they are indeed the majority, and not in fact passively supportive with their tacit consent (as I tend to believe a great many are), why don't they take some responsibility? So no sale. If Muslims want this distinction made, then they must do something about it besides riot in the streets when somebody draws a cartoon of the prophet...

• Like 1

Here's what happened to the man who prosecuted the Rochdale rape gangs, another source showing a Daily Mail article, whose website can't currently be viewed in Thailand.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/09/uk-prosecutor-branded-a-racist-for-prosecuting-muslim-rape-gang

So even as the criminals were being pursued the politically correct left used tactics befitting a totalitarian regime to try and stop justice being served. Ironically they were joined by the far right who didn't want a Muslim prosecutor - I says good luck to him if he honestly serves the law of the land.

Edited by Steely Dan

Pardon me, Iranian lady and Muslim is not the same.

I would also be much obliged if somebody would explain the difference between "Islamist" and "Muslim".

(Seastallion, your shout!).

Edited by ABCer

^^ Well yes. I was trying to bring some balance to the thread, But I was also wrong on the Nobel prize bit, it was a maths medal.

The Islamist and Muslim difference we're still trying to figure out, because the evidence so far suggests there may be very little difference.

Open to suggestions.

Edited by MJP

I would also be much obliged if somebody would explain the difference between "Islamist" and "Muslim".

You are right to say Iranian lady and Muslim lady do not necessarily mean the same thing, but chances are they do. Not a lot of Parsees Bahaai's or Zoroastrians left in Iran.

Who are those snake handler dudes in deepest hillbilly bible belt USA? They're Christian. But not all Christians are "serpent handlers". For sure the serpent handlers are a minority.

Zionists, they're Jews, but not all Jews are Zionist. My guess is that Zionists are a minority amongst Jews.

Islamists are Muslims, but not all Muslims are Islamist. My guess (and observation) is that Islamists are a minority amongst Muslims.

Islamists and Zionists and Jehovah's Witnesses/Westboro Baptist/Other Whacky Western sect/cult...they all are one of the major religions but have an ideology tacked on to their religion, often using radical interpretations of the religion to form a base for their ideology.

It is incorrect to assume all Muslims, or even a majority of Muslims, are Islamists.

• Like 2

You are right to say Iranian lady and Muslim lady do not necessarily mean the same thing, but chances are they do. Not a lot of Parsees Bahaai's or Zoroastrians left in Iran.

Who are those snake handler dudes in deepest hillbilly bible belt USA? They're Christian. But not all Christians are "serpent handlers". For sure the serpent handlers are a minority.

Zionists, they're Jews, but not all Jews are Zionist. My guess is that Zionists are a minority amongst Jews.

Islamists are Muslims, but not all Muslims are Islamist. My guess (and observation) is that Islamists are a minority amongst Muslims.

Islamists and Zionists and Jehovah's Witnesses/Westboro Baptist/Other Whacky Western sect/cult...they all are one of the major religions but have an ideology tacked on to their religion, often using radical interpretations of the religion to form a base for their ideology.

It is incorrect to assume all Muslims, or even a majority of Muslims, are Islamists.

Yes, that's the fashionable, PC, thing to say. The sheep seem to eat it up. But I'm not actually so sure... (But that's something already being discussed in the UK Jihadist thread.)

Sharia and Jihad are cornerstones of the muslim faith, all true muslims support both and would never deny that they do.

So you are saying that Muslim majority countries whose population / leaders have rejected Sharia Law (there are many) for criminal offences & severe Sharia Law punishments for civil matters are not "true Muslims". Guess that would make interesting reading for those that you accuse of not being "true Muslims".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_of_sharia_law_by_country

• Like 2

Sharia and Jihad are cornerstones of the muslim faith, all true muslims support both and would never deny that they do.

So you are saying that Muslim majority countries whose population / leaders have rejected Sharia Law (there are many) for criminal offences & severe Sharia Law punishments for civil matters are not "true Muslims". Guess that would make interesting reading for those that you accuse of not being "true Muslims".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_of_sharia_law_by_country

I am talking about individuals not countries

Yes, that's the fashionable, PC, thing to say. The sheep seem to eat it up. But I'm not actually so sure... (But that's something already being discussed in the UK Jihadist thread.)

I wake each morning to the sound of the muezzin. I see hundreds of Muslims every day. The conspiracy that is trying to make headway to become fashionable is the one you allude to, ie that all Muslims are Islamist at heart, Jihadis, and supporters of Sharia. This simply does not make sense that millions of Muslims worldwide could keep up a pretense and hide "their true convictions".

• Like 1