Carry-on liquids and gels in Thailand versus other countries

KED

I have been doing short 1 week trips from DMK to Chiang Mai and Siem Reap and have had only had carry-on for the first time. So, I googled what liquids would be allowed as carry-on and saw that no liquid/gels should be more than 100 ml and they should be in a clear, 1-liter bag which should be removed from the bag at security.

However, my experience 3 times now has been that the Thai security - doesn't require or even want the liquids removed from your bag, and once I had a full large tootpaste tube which was not confiscated on the roundtrip.

Is there different security regulations within Thailand? I'm not complaining - just trying to understand how to pack under Thailand guidelines.

For domestic flights, the carry on rules are often relaxed with regard to weight, size and liquids, and yes, the Thai interpretation of the 100ml rule, is that this refers to the size of the container, not the amount of liquid in it.

Generally speaking though, the rules in Thailand are the same as everywhere else on the planet - it's just that sometimes they are not as strictly enforced. TIT stands for the Tripura Institute of Technology but in Thailand it has another meaning which I'll leave you to discover on your own wink.png

Edited by richardt1808

For domestic flights, the carry on rules are often relaxed with regard to weight, size and liquids, and yes, the Thai interpretation of the 100ml rule, is that this refers to the size of the container, not the amount of liquid in it.

... + 1