My custom Super Cub

Thaiwi

The workshop is up north, but the guy has a colleague in BKK which he teams up with.

The indicators are orange.

I just had my first proper ride and what a riot! Finally dry enough out there. The tyres are great, loads of grip. The brand is 'Cobra Grand Trail' made in Thailand. Not sure exactly where he got them though.

She rides really well. Much nicer having 4 gears as opposed to the standard 3, makes it a lot smoother at higher speeds. I topped it up with Benzine and that seems to suit it perfectly. I'll try make a more detailed video at some point. Having a rev counter is awesome too, seems like slight over kill but it's the small things that count.

Need to find me some more cubs to ride with! I'll try make the DGR, just gotta figure out if I'm around. The ride from here would be an adventure I can say that much. :)

• Like 1

Are you riding the Cub for the DGR Norman+

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 2.5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes are you going. What are you riding?

I think we have to contact BSJ right?

Got the original seat on and panniers. Trouble is the seat won't lift up. There are 2 locks. One for each seat.

Arhhhhhhhh.

attachicon.gif20140907_093645.jpg

Beautiful Cub indeed. Now that's more my style.

I wouldn't change the exhaust. I love the style too. Will have to come up with another trick. I love the sound to be honest. But it's a bit unrealistic for every day use. :/ haha. I'd be handing out tea money all over the show. I'll figure something out :)

• Like 1

Thaiwi, what will you do about water hitting your back over puddles and rain?

Or do you not care about that issue?

I was thinking a simple plastic piece extending the fender.

Edited by ttakata
  • Like 1

Personally I don't care, I've always got wet weather gear with me. But for many this isn't desirable, and fair enough. It would be easy enough to keep the original fender but just chop it down a little so it still looks great. You could even do the same with the front fender, shave it right down like some of the modern big bikes have. It would look and work really well. They're both ideas I've already had, but for now I'm happy with what I've got. The beauty of this is that I can chop and change as I like with ease.

Personally I don't care, I've always got wet weather gear with me. But for many this isn't desirable, and fair enough. It would be easy enough to keep the original fender but just chop it down a little so it still looks great. You could even do the same with the front fender, shave it right down like some of the modern big bikes have. It would look and work really well. They're both ideas I've already had, but for now I'm happy with what I've got. The beauty of this is that I can chop and change as I like with ease.

no worries. rains will end within two months, sun will shine and dry days will arrive:)

• Like 1

Sure is, they are both scooters but they are both awesome and the Super Cub is my fun/weekend/7 bike at the moment. The looks and questions from old guys locally are awesome. They're asking me where it's from, how much and wanting to ride it. Haven't had attention like this since I was the first of my mates to get my license as a teen. 555

Edited by Thaiwi

Guys, official meeting time is 09.20.

09.00 was a mistake by the DGR team and has been corrected.

Meeting point for Pattaya gents is the parking lot of the Bangkok hospital.

Starting time 9.45.

The route and the regroup point are on the map you can find on the official website.

Please register with the site, and leave a donation if you can.

BSJ, you are a veteran DG rider, please show these young ones the way to the next whiskey bar! :-)

" BSJ, you are a veteran DG rider, please show these young ones the way to the next whiskey bar! :-)" As a tea-totaller I have no idea where any establishment of that kind is located. But I am guessing the smell of cigar smoke and the not so hushed murmouring of painted ladies would be a clue. If the wife wasn't with me maybe we could investigate further??? whistling.gif

• Like 1