My custom Super Cub

Thaiwi

Thaiwi

You mentioned the engine going back into your Cub was a Honda dream 100cc (?)

In you pics it looks like a new one. I am assuming it's not.

Was it reconditioned / overhauled or just cleaned up ?

Nice looking Cub thumbsup.gif

Thanks for sharing wai2.gif

• Like 1

Hi Thai Chi. He gets the engines, reconditions them and touches up the looks of them for the custom cubs. I've seen matte black, chrome and other coloured engines of his so it seems anything is possible. Definitely a 100cc Honda Dream engine also. :)

• Like 1

Hi Thai Chi. He gets the engines, reconditions them and touches up the looks of them for the custom cubs. I've seen matte black, chrome and other coloured engines of his so it seems anything is possible. Definitely a 100cc Honda Dream engine also. smile.png

You have piqued my interest with this topic of Super Cubs thumbsup.gif

I have the time, room and tools, so ........

Its Cub hunting time smile.png

• Like 1

I've had to stop my man from putting on silly cheap nobbly tyres. I'll wait until I've got the time to source the ones like Thaiwis wink.png

attachicon.gifcone-custom-cycles-honda-cub.jpg

I just asked for not to knobby knobbies and that's what I got! He reckons they are a good brand! whistling.gif

attachicon.gif2014-09-02_18h25_16.png

Suits your bike yeah.

They are a good soft ride he said but the look i would like is more of a classic one. If you know what I mean.

Here are your tyres close up and personal.

post-52293-0-67303200-1409658792_thumb.j

• Like 1

I've had to stop my man from putting on silly cheap nobbly tyres. I'll wait until I've got the time to source the ones like Thaiwis wink.png

I just asked for not to knobby knobbies and that's what I got! He reckons they are a good brand! whistling.gif

Why would you need a BMW GS for a round-the-world trip, if you have a Wave with knobs?

• Like 2

Why would you need a BMW GS for a round-the-world trip, if you have a Wave with knobs?

Straight away noisy on bitumen NormanW.

After doing a 95km round trip on the Smash I for one would prefer the BMW pew! A few more modes needed on mine to make it more useful: Do something with the footpegs and pad the seat so it is thicker and I sit higher. Mount a topbox and shovel and hoe carrier.

I've been thinking of moving the pegs forward and replace the fixed pegs with flip up alloys like a dirt bike...which just leaves the gear change to sort.

Here's an Aussie CT110 set-up for outback touring.

attachicon.gif2014-09-02_20h42_58.jpg

Furry seat eh???

Now there's a thought ;

Haha, I'm not joking!

I wanted a couple for myself and decided to get some more in case any of my friends wanted one too. Still have a few left.

They're not as big as the one in your picture, but enough for 2 butt cheeks.

PM me if you're interested.

A real Aussie black sheep biggrin.png

will send you a PM 2morrow

I feel for their backsides. It's definitely not the most comfortable way to travel, but from what I've read they tend to attract a lot more attention that those who do it on big, purpose built RTW bikes. Mostly because everyone thinks they're crazy! I also read of another couple who bought Honda Waves and did south east Asia starting in Malaysia. Check out some of their pics: http://unleashyouradventure.com/what-the-honda-wave-can-handle-or-laos-off-road-adventure-time/

• Like 1

Well sheepskins are or where (now we have gelseats etc) popular among the German and Aussie RTW riders.

attachicon.gifSheepskin.jpg

Do you sell those Omega or are you just joking facepalm.gif ?? I could use one on my KLX, this color is nicer then the usual white ones.

not in rainy Monsoon season in Thailand though!

• Like 1

I feel for their backsides. It's definitely not the most comfortable way to travel, but from what I've read they tend to attract a lot more attention that those who do it on big, purpose built RTW bikes. Mostly because everyone thinks they're crazy! I also read of another couple who bought Honda Waves and did south east Asia starting in Malaysia. Check out some of their pics: http://unleashyouradventure.com/what-the-honda-wave-can-handle-or-laos-off-road-adventure-time/

i did a long tour on a wave 125 with my gf during my first visit here in Southeast Asia nearly 10 years ago. no glitches, no problems, speeds up to 110 - 120 kph and it was comfy.

just ground clearance was not superb when leaning up in the mountains. was constantly scratching pegs and rear brake lever. but of course this is a wave at the end!

It is good for slow traveling in budget, little petrol, no maintenance, and 80 thb daily rents!

it is totally doable.

i agree with omega racer, a honda wave with knobbies can go anywhere possibly more than a bmw gs1200 or even a kawasaki klr650!

• Like 1