My custom Super Cub

Thaiwi

Great little bikes Thaiwi and Norman, had one in UK, bought for 10 quid as a wreck, cost about 15 quid to do up using parts from the scrappy. Saved a fortune in fuel, used to zip across to Gosport on the ferry, 5 mile trip instead of 30 to drive around with major traffic jams. Rode it in all weathers. Now seriously tempted to get one!

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 2.5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Pulled into the petrol station with 210km on the clock.

There was about half a litre left but it was already below the red.

Filled her up with gasohol 95.

135 baht.

Took her up to 95 kmh and that was it.

Let the good times roll. (Whoops that's Kawasaki's moto).

Is that about a 4 L tank? Nice! If it is.

Looks like it yes.

Well happy with that.

Going to try on the original seat and grab rail to see if i can get the panniers on as well.

Tinkering really.

Well Thaiwi, how does she ride? ??????

• Like 1

It's still raining! And I've only just decided to drag myself out of bed. Will still make a video today if time allows so you all should get a better idea of the machine. I don't know if I mentioned it, but it's damn loud! Might have to deal to that soon... :)

• Like 1

It's still raining! And I've only just decided to drag myself out of bed. Will still make a video today if time allows so you all should get a better idea of the machine. I don't know if I mentioned it, but it's damn loud! Might have to deal to that soon... :)

Arh right.

Yeah too loud is annoying for every day transport.

As well as attracting the wrong attention. Lots of wirewool stuffed inside 555

• Like 1

Hahaha that's the old trick from back home. We'll see what else I can come up with first.

What fuel would you guys use? It's not an old cub engine, I know they only like benzine. But this is a dream/wave 100cc. Still carby of course. Just wondering what will be the best option for her??

Edited by Thaiwi

I try and use 95 petrol when I can get it but normally 95 gasohol with a shot of Redex now and again.

I don't use 91 at all.it's already underpowered why put it in to save 3 baht or so.

Edited by NormanW

Are you riding the Cub for the DGR Norman+

Yes are you going. What are you riding?

I think we have to contact BSJ right?

Got the original seat on and panniers. Trouble is the seat won't lift up. There are 2 locks. One for each seat.

Arhhhhhhhh.

post-52293-0-20005600-1410060633_thumb.j

• Like 1

It's been a few days since I had the new wheels and tyres fitted. I took a few snapshots of BP racing to show what they have in there.

Kind of reminds me of the old Gulf Porsche racing colours!

post-63954-0-50765000-1410060413_thumb.j

Almost an orgasm on 2 wheels....almost!

post-63954-0-08448500-1410060572_thumb.j

Tiddly Winks toys for Tiddly Winks champions.

post-63954-0-25375400-1410060730_thumb.j

Looks the business in black.

post-63954-0-11866500-1410060888_thumb.j

A shocking selection of suspension bits.

post-63954-0-75150000-1410061048_thumb.j

Fitted new wheel with out lifting the bike.....but tilting sideways!

post-63954-0-68230200-1410061154_thumb.j

• Like 1

Are you riding the Cub for the DGR Norman+

Yes are you going. What are you riding?

I think we have to contact BSJ right?

Got the original seat on and panniers. Trouble is the seat won't lift up. There are 2 locks. One for each seat.

Arhhhhhhhh.

attachicon.gif20140907_093645.jpg

"I think we have to contact BSJ right?" Yes you can but I have no official capacity to issue cheques, receive donations or give directions that may lead you to the correct meeting spot. If wifey comes she can use the GPS in her phone for navigation and then wave her arms about when we just passed the turn off! But don't worry, I'll get the blame as usual. Doesn't matter what speed I am doing I will be blamed for missing whatever it is we are looking for! We should all met outside the PBH about 9.45am and that will give us time to work-out the route. laugh.png

• Like 1

According to the DGR website, meet at OBJ from 0900, set off at 0940. I'm riding a Yamaha Virago 535. Looking forward to meeting you and drooling over your Cub lol. It's a pretty easy route BSJ, mind you I'm king of the U turns as well. Qualified yacht navigator but on land I'm useless. Happy Trails.

Guys, official meeting time is 09.20.

09.00 was a mistake by the DGR team and has been corrected.

Meeting point for Pattaya gents is the parking lot of the Bangkok hospital.

Starting time 9.45.

The route and the regroup point are on the map you can find on the official website.

Please register with the site, and leave a donation if you can.

BSJ, you are a veteran DG rider, please show these young ones the way to the next whiskey bar! :-)

According to the DGR website, meet at OBJ from 0900, set off at 0940. I'm riding a Yamaha Virago 535. Looking forward to meeting you and drooling over your Cub lol. It's a pretty easy route BSJ, mind you I'm king of the U turns as well. Qualified yacht navigator but on land I'm useless. Happy Trails.

Now I'm confused. (Doesn't take much).

OBJ???

I'm sat in bpracing now getting my seat up.

Go has just informed me the Thaiwi tyres will be here mid week.

• Like 1

OK Omega, registered and opened me kapow tang as well (weeps).

I prefer to give cash on the day. I'm sure they'll be somebody there (official) on the day?

Eh...I guess I'm the official one there.

Yes, you can give me all your cash, no problem. :-))

Seriously, if you don't want to send it online, I can collect it and send it after the ride.

There will also be a couple of helmets for auction. The proceeds will be donated too.

• Like 1

Eh...I guess I'm the official one there.

Yes, you can give me all your cash, no problem. :-))

Seriously, if you don't want to send it online, I can collect it and send it after the ride.

There will also be a couple of helmets for auction. The proceeds will be donated too.

Oki doki. Cheers. See you there.

Hahaha that's the old trick from back home. We'll see what else I can come up with first.

What fuel would you guys use? It's not an old cub engine, I know they only like benzine. But this is a dream/wave 100cc. Still carby of course. Just wondering what will be the best option for her??

be careful with the fuel lines and carb, they might not be compliant to gasohol. check with the guy doing it, sure he knows.

• Like 1