My custom Super Cub

Thaiwi

Oh man!!!

It's just like Christmas hehe.

The new colours for the modern Super Cub are all pastels.

Dark blue.

Pink.

Yellow.

Green.

Come on Thaiwi, the weekend can't come soon enough! !!

• Like 1

recon you can get two on that seat?

and the red piping on the seat? can choose another colour?

I posted a pic with me sitting on a similar seat earlier, it's not the largest in the world but could be made bigger. It would fit two skinny locals easy. But I'm not skinny. 555. Piping colour can be changed. The design of the seat itself can be different too. I'll

post that picture again, though if I squeezed up front two could fit. Just wouldn't be the most comfortable. ;)post-195861-1409895411916_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Great thread. Thank you everyone for giving me inspiration. wai.gif

I've admired Cubs only for a few years after riding on the back of one in Phnom Penh a few years ago. It was a more modern one. Probably originally from Thailand as most bikes are in PP. Also there's an amazing trip report on advrider of a postman from Australia, I think, he rode to London on a mail carrier cub. (However, he did have to abandon it for another after it failed, the reason for which I forget. Truly wonderful report.)

Recently I've kind of thrown up my hands on what bike to get. I don't think I'd get the utility I need from a big bike. Have ventured into shops many times to peruse Kawas and others. But I just don't want to spend hundreds of thousands for a big bike just for it to sit in the yard while I take the 110cc to the shops etc. I do this 95% of the time so why do need a big bike? I don't have any misplaced ego when it comes what's under my butt. Or at least I've outgrown that since having had a couple of BMW GS's back in the home country.

Now I can see what you can do to a Super Cub and I like it. However, I do love the classic look, except I'd want a 100 cc Dream engine and seat for two. And hopefully room for a rear carrier. I'm also inclined toward a manual shifter. Is this possible with what's available in Thailand? I should add I'm 186 cm/100 kg.

smile.png

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

Hi mate, that's completely possible. Being a custom bike, anything can be a reality. For the dual seat, you just need to keep the rear fender, as without it, it's difficult to make the seat big enough. Could also work a carrier into it if the rear fender is kept. A full manual is possible, the engine comes from Honda nice - 110cc. Of course it bumps up the price a little, but nothing compared to a BMW. Plus, it would be the only one of it's kind. All yours!

• Like 1

Hi Thaiwi almost weekend smile.png, If you pick her up could you show that T-shirt bike to that builder/mechanic and ask him if he could make his version of that bike, with a manual Dream engine ( mayby a bit tuned) custom exhaust, stepkit etc. Nothing sure yet but thinking about it since this topic started ha ha.

• Like 2

recon you can get two on that seat?

and the red piping on the seat? can choose another colour?

I posted a pic with me sitting on a similar seat earlier, it's not the largest in the world but could be made bigger. It would fit two skinny locals easy. But I'm not skinny. 555. Piping colour can be changed. The design of the seat itself can be different too. I'll

post that picture again, though if I squeezed up front two could fit. Just wouldn't be the most comfortable. wink.pngattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1409895410.588379.jpg

yeah, doesnt look like a good bike for two.. bugger, the wife just gonna have to miss out, besides im looking for a toy for me not for her.. :)

• Like 2

Look what arrived early?! I'm like a youngin' on Christmas Day. Only it's raining a lot outside, so I'll have to wait till tomorrow for my first adventure. (Albeit short until my plate/green book arrives) Check her out! attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1410009523.855017.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1410009532.505598.jpg

It looks absolutely wonderful Thaiwi. Bugger all money involved, but I wish it was mine! Well done!

I assume you're a Kiwi.......

• Like 1

Hi Thaiwi almost weekend smile.png, If you pick her up could you show that T-shirt bike to that builder/mechanic and ask him if he could make his version of that bike, with a manual Dream engine ( mayby a bit tuned) custom exhaust, stepkit etc. Nothing sure yet but thinking about it since this topic started ha ha.

I asked him and the answer was simply: "dai krup". So yes, but no further info. 555. I think he was still in shock after I showed him this thread has almost 4000 views. Never seen anyone's face light up so quickly. :)

• Like 2

Pulled into the petrol station with 210km on the clock.

There was about half a litre left but it was already below the red.

Filled her up with gasohol 95.

135 baht.

Took her up to 95 kmh and that was it.

Let the good times roll. (Whoops that's Kawasaki's moto).

• Like 1

Pulled into the petrol station with 210km on the clock.

There was about half a litre left but it was already below the red.

Filled her up with gasohol 95.

135 baht.

Took her up to 95 kmh and that was it.

Let the good times roll. (Whoops that's Kawasaki's moto).

Is that about a 4 L tank? Nice! If it is.