4 killed, 8 injured in crash between bus, trailer truck in Phayao

webfact

4 killed, 8 injured in crash between bus, trailer truck in Phayao

BANGKOK: -- A Bangkok-Phayao air-conditioned bus crashed into a trailer truck in Phayao at 8 pm Wednesday, killing the bus driver, a monk and two other passengers while injuring eight other passengers, police said.

The truck driver fled the scene.

The monk was unidentified while the two passengers were identified as Pongchai Sakaoduan and Atipong Chanthip. The bus driver Romyen Kaewsom also died at the scene.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/4-killed-8-injured-in-crash-between-bus-trailer-tr-30241410.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-08-21

• Like 1

If I had a choice between a) being beaten to death by a lynch mob and cool.png running way like a scared little girl, I think I would choose the latter, even if I had to cop the scorn of Thai Visa punters

He ran because he did wrong, so you would do the same be a crazy driver and flee ?? Sorry but a sad post. You would not have shown some goodness to help the injured, it would show to everyone you were a decent man.

• Like 1

Once again another tragic crash with fatalities, but the Goverment and the Authorities, just turn a blind eye to this.

Just another day, another accident....

So so sad, and pointless...

And as for "Fleeing the Scene" how bad is that, it's like a child getting caught stealing......

What human in there right mind would do that..... ????

R.I.P.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If I had a choice between a) being beaten to death by a lynch mob and cool.png running way like a scared little girl, I think I would choose the latter, even if I had to cop the scorn of Thai Visa punters

No. The scorn of the civilised world is what you would receive.

Only an absolutely soulless, selfish coward would leave others to die and lay bleeding.

But hey, what do you care? You got your little chuckle of the day...

However, at least now you have illustrated your character.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Only an absolutely soulless, selfish coward would leave others to die and lay bleeding.

Exactly, These INCIDENTS are not usually accidents. The truck driver is not normal in the real world, but in Thailand it near shows upbringing is not normal in thousands and thousands of cases, and not just referring to these incidents.

• Like 1

It has to be understood that drivers are told to leave the scene and report back to the Cops later to avoid any chance of lynch mob activity going on. They are told to do this by the Cops and by their employers. To us it's disgusting and immoral but to them it's normal behaviour. Never forget where you are !

• Like 2

" The truck driver fled the scene. "

I guess this is the national sport in TH.

When the police will catch him, he will say on their knees with tears in his eyes: solly, solly.

Around 5,000 B penalty and will go home to prepare himself for the next road-killing.

This is the biggest problem here.

Edited by Loles
  • Like 1

It has to be understood that drivers are told to leave the scene and report back to the Cops later to avoid any chance of lynch mob activity going on. They are told to do this by the Cops and by their employers. To us it's disgusting and immoral but to them it's normal behaviour. Never forget where you are !

It's not where you are it's the type of people that condone this disgusting attitude. YOUR boy lying badly injured in the road, so you still run off??? because you are advised to do it ??? so it's not normal to have normal feelings for others ??.......Nationwide morals ?? upbringing ???

If a lynch mob threat, then it is morals and upbringing again.----anarchy, lousy police attitude, you name it.

• Like 2

With the punishment harsher on drug and alcohol users while driving this driver must have foreseen the consequences and fled. What surprises me is how and where he could have run to? Just as in every small town people know when a stranger is walking about. I am most certain he was not in any condition to just up and run away as well....Since foresight is not an inherent trade amongst thai I find it even harder to believe that his running was planned since they will soon know who he is and where to find him through his truck and company.....

Sad that Thais cannot face up to their misdeeds and are always first in line to take credit. My sympathies for the injured and deceased

• Like 2

Oh yeah!?

Oh yeah!?

Yeah.

Oh yeah?

Oh yeah!?

Yeah.

Oh yeah?

Ha, choose your weapons 10 paces and turncheesy.gif

• Like 1

We're too busy puntin' with your mum to care.

• Like 1

We're too busy puntin' with your mum to care.

Are you a Gemini too?

Four die in head-on collision in Phayao

8-21-2014-12-30-10-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

8-21-2014-12-28-59-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Four passengers, including the bus driver, died and seven others were injured when a 10-wheeled truck collided with a Chiang Khong-bound bus on Wednesday night in Phayao province.

The trailer truck with its cargo of grapes was on its way to Bangkok while the bus with 11 passengers was travelling to Chiang Rai’s Chiang Khong district when the accident occurred around 8 pm in Tambon Huai Lan of Dok Kham Tai district.

A truck driver Karn Phothong who was driving behind the bus told police that the trailer truck lost control as it sped down a slope, hitting the Sombat Tour’s bus which was climbing up the hilly slope.

The collision sent the bus to fall into a ravine, followed by the trailer truck which skidded for a short distance before going off the road.

A Phayao Transport officer said four men, including the bus driver, were killed in the accident. One was a monk.

Six bus passengers and the truck driver were rushed to two nearby hospitals.

It was not immediately who was wrong in the mishap as they are investigating the actual cause of accident.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/four-die-head-collision-phayao/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-08-21

Oh yeah?

Oh yeah!?

Yeah.

Ha, choose your weapons 10 paces and turncheesy.gif

My witty responses are my weapons

I thrive on humour/jokes. ok

But your #5 post was not so witty though.

Life is full of disappointments

I can agree there. I commented on the other accident topic, you read it yet.??

"......bus crashed into a trailer truck."

There are, I believe, some inconsistencies in this story as reported by The Nation..

It says the bus crashed into the truck trailer unit. In actual fact it would seem that the reported 10 wheeler presumably with a trailer with 10 wheels of its own, was coming downhill, lost control and crashed into the front of the bus as witnessed by the driver of a tanker truck following the bus up the hill. (There are more than 10 wheels on truck-trailer units operating in Thailand.

It is always a shame when reports of accidents such as this leave out or distort information.

Another paragraph in the ongoing story of "Adventures on Thailand's roads". RIP the fatalities.

Plenty of youtube movies where Thai driver stays or gets caught after an accident with injured people.

Watch what happens to them a lot of the times. They get kicked and beaten by the crowd and the police does nothing. whistling.gif

Edited by ikbenhet