Pattaya Best Car Wash? Andy car care, N2 car clean or Expat motors Car clean near Panpan Thappraya ?

thairastawoman

Hello,

After reading the forum it seems that mostly people are happy with :

- Andy car care

- N2 car clean

- Expat motors Car clean near Panpan Thappraya

But as this is Thailand service can be good one day and bad the next day.

What is your experience there ?

Washing is nothing but what about waxing your car ? Good job ? For how much ?

Do you have a better car detailing place to advise ?

Thanks for your reports <3

Same as the above. I think that is expat motors. They did and excellent job on my motorcycle which I think is harder than a car to detail. Haven't been there in awhile as I have moved so I do not know if the service is still good.

• 1 year later...

hiii,

Is this car wash still open ?

And how much for wax ?

Can I know how much people pay where they wax their car ? How long does it take to wax a big car ?

And as I guess that they all use cheap wax can i bring my own wax ?

Thanksss

How much is the expat car wash?

At the moment i go to one onThepprasit, about 500 metres down on the left from Thappraya Road, sorry don't know the name. 100 baht for outside, 140 for in and out. They do a very good job.

• 1 year later...
On 8/21/2014 at 3:35 PM, chris2004 said:

How much is the expat car wash?

At the moment i go to one onThepprasit, about 500 metres down on the left from Thappraya Road, sorry don't know the name. 100 baht for outside, 140 for in and out. They do a very good job.

This one is still operating but it's more like 1 klm down Thepprasit Rd. on the left when coming from Thappraya Rd.

I asked them to only clean the outside of my medium size SUV but they vacuumed the inside as well for 200 baht which I consider good value.

The whole thing took around 12 minutes while I sat in the cool waiting room watching Thai soapies. (No, not that kind of soapies):sleep:

19 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Anyone who really cares about their car's paint does it themselves. 99% of these local shops will ruin a car's paint with one wash. 

For a minimally acceptacle wash expect to pay 1000+ and for a proper polish and then wax or sealing 2-3k more.

Took my new truck to one of those 'up market', 1000+ baht places underneath a major shopping mall. Came back after almost 2 hours and still had to wait. When it was finally ready, I found a ding and paint chip on the front edge of the bonnet/hood. Stone chip they said but I argued as this was right through to the base metal and a major ding. Truck is 4 weeks old, with less than 400 km, never been out on the highway and I know every mark on it.... like you tend to do when it is brand new. Eventually the manager asked around and apparently a new-hire was  let loose with the buffing thingamubob, hadn't tightened something properly and the buffer pad came off with the retaining nut or shaft hit the bodywork.  I managed to get a free car wash out of them but the local "200 baht all-in" guys do enough volume of cars to know how to use the tools properly and cheaply.

7 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Took my new truck to one of those 'up market', 1000+ baht places underneath a major shopping mall. Came back after almost 2 hours and still had to wait. When it was finally ready, I found a ding and paint chip on the front edge of the bonnet/hood. Stone chip they said but I argued as this was right through to the base metal and a major ding. Truck is 4 weeks old, with less than 400 km, never been out on the highway and I know every mark on it.... like you tend to do when it is brand new. Eventually the manager asked around and apparently a new-hire was  let loose with the buffing thingamubob, hadn't tightened something properly and the buffer pad came off with the retaining nut or shaft hit the bodywork.  I managed to get a free car wash out of them but the local "200 baht all-in" guys do enough volume of cars to know how to use the tools properly and cheaply.

+1 :thumbsup:

42 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Well like I said, if you really cared about your ride, you would be doing it yourself and not entrusting your new (or old) vehicle to a bunch of car wash monkeys. That being said, the price alone is no indication of quality (as in so much in life).

If, and that's a big if, I ever had a shop wash my car, I would first talk to the manager/boss to see if he knew anything about washing/polishing/waxing cars and then I would look to see what products they were using and the washing method employed. This would include auto shampoo and wash and drying mediums (or blow dry). If paint correction and waxing was necessary, I would check the polish/waxes and methods again. I would then watch them as they did a couple detail jobs. If they are a quality shop, they would have no problem  with this and be proud to show off their work.

If a shop was using quality products and mediums, with required training of the staff, the prices I mentioned would be fair and reasonable.

And sorry about your car...take it to the dealer to have it re-touched and then start washing it yourself.

17 minutes ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

... I would first talk to the manager/boss to see if he knew anything about washing/polishing/waxing cars... look to see what products they were using and the washing method employed... auto shampoo and wash and drying mediums (or blow dry)... paint correction and waxing... I would then watch them as they did a couple detail jobs...

And sorry about your car...take it to the dealer to have it re-touched and then start washing it yourself.

Blow dry, treatments? Are we talking about a hair do or what? Life's way too short for all that malarkey. It is only a car after all and I already sold that one, ding and all. I will leave it to the (mostly) Thai drivers with their blinged-out Jazz's and Camry's with plastic body kits to leave their beloved rides to wash and dry with the Beemers and Mercs (also with faux body kits) while they cruise the mall.

Put it in perspective; hundreds of car washes at 100-200 baht joints all over Thailand over many years and no major complaints and absolutely no damage. Just one error of judgement at a 1000+ baht place though. OK, twice, Against my better judgement and traditional Scottish tight-fistedness, I used another shop that were happy to remove 1800 baht from my wallet after selecting a bespoke 'treatment' from a 'menu'. But to be honest, the car wasn't any cleaner or held its shine any longer than the best 200 baht, 1-hour workover. I have paid for professional car valeting in the US and that's a once in a car lifetime, just before you sell it job IMHO.

Edited by NanLaew

6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Blow dry, treatments? Are we talking about a hair do or what? Life's way too short for all that malarkey. It is only a car after all and I already sold that one, ding and all. I will leave it to the (mostly) Thai drivers with their blinged-out Jazz's and Camry's with plastic body kits to leave their beloved rides to wash and dry with the Beemers and Mercs (also with faux body kits) while they cruise the mall.

Put it in perspective; hundreds of car washes at 100-200 baht joints all over Thailand over many years and no major complaints and absolutely no damage. Just one error of judgement at a 1000+ baht place though. OK, twice, Against my better judgement and traditional Scottish tight-fistedness, I used another shop that were happy to remove 1800 baht from my wallet after selecting a bespoke 'treatment' from a 'menu'. But to be honest, the car wasn't any cleaner or held its shine any longer than the best 200 baht, 1-hour workover. I have paid for professional car valeting in the US and that's a once in a car lifetime, just before you sell it job IMHO.

There's massive damage to your paint after a few of those 200 baht washes...you're just clueless to see it. And I repeat, price isn't the indicator of quality...speaking to them and verifying products and methods is the key...whether it's 200 or 2000 baht.

Gave up on the car wash places.

Do it myself once a week and wax it once a month.

its good exercise.

Have the inside done every few months at shell garage near ambassador hotel.

Also do our two motor bikes as well, wash only

Edited by onemorechang

I have mine washed by a young uni student from across the soi....she does a lousy job really but to see her delightful form in her wet "T" shirt is well worth it :thumbsup:

Seriously though as far as waxing a car is concerned I looked for a coloured wax polish (black) over here only to be met with blank looks,I ended up ordering one back in the UK (Ebay) and brought over.

26 minutes ago, petermik said:

I have mine washed by a young uni student from across the soi....she does a lousy job really but to see her delightful form in her wet "T" shirt is well worth it :thumbsup:

Seriously though as far as waxing a car is concerned I looked for a coloured wax polish (black) over here only to be met with blank looks,I ended up ordering one back in the UK (Ebay) and brought over.

"[C]oloured wax polish," there's much wrong with this statement. First off...waxes for white, black, or coloured cars is just a marketing gimmick...they're all the same. Also, polishing and waxing are two separate steps and require distinct products...though there are "cleaner" waxes and "polish wax" products for newbs and the uninformed and they're better than nothing. And remember, technique trumps product any time...I can make a car look better with a bottle of 200 baht Waxy polish and Waxy wax using proper technique than someone who doesn't know what they're doing with 2000 baht polish and wax products.

3 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Gave up on the car wash places.

Do it myself once a week and wax it once a month.

its good exercise.

Have the inside done every few months at shell garage near ambassador hotel.

Also do our two motor bikes as well, wash only

If you don't already, if you use a spray way as a drying aid you can extend the new wax interval up to 3-4 months. Using a clean dedicated microfibre cloth, a few spritzes on each body panel while drying will make your ride really sparkle. It can also be used on exterior plastic, rubber, chrome, and poly-carbonate (lights) surfaces. The Sonax spray wax, available at Big C, works well and at about 200 baht a bottle is keenly priced.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

6 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

... I can make a car look better with a bottle of 200 baht Waxy polish and Waxy wax using proper technique than someone who doesn't know what they're doing with 2000 baht polish and wax products.

And so can Somchai... or rather Myint, Win or whatever Burmese labor they use these days.

Thanks for making my point.

OK, whatever works for you, no worries.

"Massive damage".... LOL

10 hours ago, NanLaew said:

And so can Somchai... or rather Myint, Win or whatever Burmese labor they use these days.

Thanks for making my point.

OK, whatever works for you, no worries.

"Massive damage".... LOL

I suppose you're one who lets a dealer "detail" your new ride "for free" before you drive it away for the first time. If so, the paint damage likely started then and all the improper washes since then have only added to it.

But it's your ride so as long as your happy that's all that counts.