Digital nomad, online workers.. Permission !

Os noun. [oo hh ss]

A group of aged or bethrothed individuals who posses a deluded sense of self entitlement because of their current visa status.

Usage:

• The Os hate young expatriates who get sex for free.
  • Most Os are too stupid to switch on a computer.
  • Most Os think that a line of code is something that a young druggie snorts at a party.

An O?

Usual deluded drivel that anyone that questions the legitimacy of on line working on a tourism visa is

A) old

B) Paying for sex

C) That they are a dinosaur

Sorry dozy, the rules as they are don't allow working without a work permit. Why should people think they should be treated any differently than people who work here legitimately, pay tax and get the right visa???

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you want the good thing about thailand without having to have the bad?

How much taxes those retirement folks pay? Nothing to Thailand directly from their monthly pension. Quit the self-righteous bullshit already, it is really getting old.

Have you got a visa and WP yet, or still breaking the law?

so that's a yes??

Are you seriously saying, a freelancer, earning on average that 176 000 Baht per month, is not positively contributing to Thailand's economy?! Even without paying income taxes he will pay VAT much much more than your average Thai with 13200 monthly income. If the freelancer spends it all, he will pay 12300 Baht for VAT.

so that's a yes??

Are you seriously saying, a freelancer, earning on average that 176 000 Baht per month, is not positively contributing to Thailand's economy?! Even without paying income taxes he will pay VAT much much more than your average Thai with 13200 monthly income. If the freelancer spends it all, he will pay 12300 Baht for VAT.

consume more , pay more tax. thats how a consumption tax works. make more, pay more income tax, thats how a progressive income tax works. will you be paying income tax in your country of origin?

so that's a yes??

There are a lot of people here believe it or not that are earning that sort of money and more, are paying icome tax, and VAT.

Your statement is ridiculous, and shows how out of touch you are. You can't have your cake and eat it. Irrespective, if your earnings are so great you should have no problem getting legal as opposed to taking the minivan to the border every month or so.

one assumes my dear little timmy, you have statisical data to prove your assertion that a so called "freelancer" (which BTW in the Thai context is a polite term for a whore) earns 10 to 20 times an average Thai worker ? or as always are just pulling various "statistics" out your bottom ?

So freelancers are just a bunch of unclean whores? Ok

I have absolutely no idea, my dear Timwin, but seeing as "freelancer" is being thrown about so much on TV so much, I just thought I should point out for those who may not live in Thailand and reading this thread that the term "freelancer" has a completely different connotation in Thailand, ie it typically refers to a lady/or gentleman of the night, who sells sexual favours in exchange for money, I am not completely familar with all things "freelancer", but it seems you are, so let me ask you the question are they selling sexual favours in exchange for cash ?

Based on what you read on here large numbers of digital nomands will do just about anything to stay in in Thailand, but think seeling themselves are rent boys is a little extreme...

maybe this is why the Thai authorities are resisting handing out "freelance" visa's as they believe, they would get gangs of "professsionals" turning up Thailand, going into competition with the local adult entertainment "business".

also one suspects an "unclean" whore in most cases is a lot "cleaner" than a non whore, given the nature of the business they are in...thumbsup.gif

I think we will leave this here, as dont want to resurect your fixation with old white men again...whistling.gif

• Like 2

Defamation in Thailand

Defamation in Thailand is defined as a false statement that is generally classified as intentional and harmful and made by a person against another whether orally or in writing.

It's only defamation if it is a false statement, so therefore answer the question, are you still breaking the law?

• Like 1

Defamation in Thailand

Defamation in Thailand is defined as a false statement that is generally classified as intentional and harmful and made by a person against another whether orally or in writing.

It's only defamation if it is a false statement, so therefore answer the question, are you still breaking the law?

A question is defaming???

LivinLOS, consider the possibility that the person who wrote that article got it wrong. I'd like to see a verbatim quote of the question and the answer.

I think the closest you will get is by reading Nancy's post on this thread, she was there at the meeting and it seems the question didnt even relate to "digital nomads" per se

but an off the cuff remark from immigration when asked about the "legal" status of geniune tourists answering their work emails/using skype to contact their companies while on holiday in Thailand.

Numerous "digital nomads" on this thread have jumped on the band wagon, suggesting this is conclusive proof they dont need work permits and can work in Thailand on line on a tourist visa, the remarks have been taken out of context by the journo as the immigration official said no such thing it seems

• Like 2

Off topic and squabbling posts removed.

How could you delete some of the most idiotic posts ever seen on TV :-(

I was kinda hoping for them to be pinned at the top of the "visa" forum to serve as a warning to future digital dumb asses, "make stupid remarks at your peril"

is there a petion we can sign to make this happen ?

I was kinda hoping for them to be pinned at the top of the "visa" forum to serve as a warning to future digital dumb asses, "make stupid remarks at your peril"

I'm going to speak to Charlie and ask :-)

Os noun. [oo hh ss]

A group of aged or bethrothed individuals who posses a deluded sense of self entitlement because of their current visa status.

Usage:

• The Os hate young expatriates who get sex for free.
  • Most Os are too stupid to switch on a computer.
  • Most Os think that a line of code is something that a young druggie snorts at a party.

We "O's" may be complete idiots. But we're here legally, and making excellent money, thank you very much. (Get this--- I actually get a hardship differential for working in Thailand.) Many of us actually fly into Thailand, business class, and THE COMPANY PAYS FOR IT! So who, exactly, are the stupid ones?

We used to know what code is. Now we contract that kind of work out to guys who will work for a fraction of what we get paid per hour.

Sex for free? Ho Ho Ho, I laugh on you.

Sorry, Mods, Couldn't resist...

You've probably outsourced it to Timwin. In which case I wonder who is being entrepreneurial??

Wouldn't worry the 21 pages of absolute garbage written already will probably suffice as warning enough, if you want to engage in an endless debate with weird petulant cretins TV is the place they're available 24hrs a day as they have nothing more fulfilling in their not so active lives.

If you want actual advice you’re not going to get it from a bunch of disenfranchised fools who think you work out of starbucks selling crap on ebay, anyway to all you TV perennials hope you have a great weekend grumbling and talking to your computer screens.

If you want actual advice you’re not going to get it from a bunch of disenfranchised fools who think you work out of starbucks selling crap on ebay, anyway to all you TV perennials hope you have a great weekend grumbling and talking to your computer screens.

So where do you sell your Ebay crap then Black Canyon ?, you seem a bit more upmarket than the normal Starbucks digitial dumbasses, I guess but I kinda figured you more of an MK type of person, but then it occured to me MK dont have free wifi....rolleyes.gif

• Like 1