Digital nomad, online workers.. Permission !

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chartist opined:

Wouldn't worry the 21 pages of absolute garbage written already will probably suffice as warning enough, if you want to engage in an endless debate with weird petulant cretins TV is the place they're available 24hrs a day as they have nothing more fulfilling in their not so active lives.

The digital boneheads have been following tit for tat so they aren't so active either

"If you want actual advice you’re not going to get it from a bunch of disenfranchised fools who think you work out of starbucks selling crap on ebay, anyway to all you TV perennials hope you have a great weekend grumbling and talking to your computer screens."

You forgot online gambling. A big part of the problem is that all the guys who DO work out of Starbucks blogging, gambling and selling crap on ebay want to call themselves "Digital Nomads" as well. For that and a dozen other reasons, a WP and long-stay visa just ain't gonna happen. Ever.

'nuff said

~

Edited by 'nuff said

This is the rule everywhere.

You can't simple put a law about 'Digital Nomads', if we take out the nomad, every work can be digital and this is the future, overcrowded cities where farmers or people from small towns or poor countries are trying to get some money are the past.

Every rule that regulate any kind of company or job will get this 'new complexity' the 'Digital Work' is not outside or something new, is just a nice upgrade to almost all possible office job and soon will extend to any kind of hand work, I know that this sound like fantasy, but all the emerging tech is pointing in that direction, not to the 'Elite' is pointing directly to everyone.

Always importations and exportation need a lot of work and hand shakes to reduce cost, language or cultural barriers, improve delivery, monitoring, taxes etc digital work need exactly the same.

Some "anti digital nomads" complains about dodging taxes and etc check what big companies do, why small or personal companies can't do the same?

Twitter Follows Apple, Google And Facebook To Irish Holy Grail
http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2013/10/20/twitter-follows-apple-google-facebook-to-irish-holy-grail/

Edited by ITGabs

Judging by the fact that this thread has gone on for 21 pages of drivel, even when it was pointed out that the premise for the quote in the article was wrong, leads me to conclude that many of the so-called "digital nomads" have W-A-Y too much time on their hands and just spend it sitting behind a keyboard, maybe at some place with free wifi nursing a coffee or fruit smoothie all afternoon, engaging in squabbles on Thai Visa.

Today is Saturday. Soutpeel and his fellow buddies do this BS every day, filling up any new threads with their ramblings. Even if one proves with actual facts they are wrong, they just simply ignore it and continue like a bunch of high school loud backbenchers.

We "O's" may be complete idiots. But we're here legally, and making excellent money, thank you very much. (Get this--- I actually get a hardship differential for working in Thailand.) Many of us actually fly into Thailand, business class, and THE COMPANY PAYS FOR IT! So who, exactly, are the stupid ones?

We used to know what code is. Now we contract that kind of work out to guys who will work for a fraction of what we get paid per hour.

You forgot to mention you're also someones bitch. You do what your told to do and don't ask questions like a good little worker bee.

Judging by the fact that this thread has gone on for 21 pages of drivel, even when it was pointed out that the premise for the quote in the article was wrong, leads me to conclude that many of the so-called "digital nomads" have W-A-Y too much time on their hands and just spend it sitting behind a keyboard, maybe at some place with free wifi nursing a coffee or fruit smoothie all afternoon, engaging in squabbles on Thai Visa.

Today is Saturday. Soutpeel and his fellow buddies do this BS every day, filling up any new threads with their ramblings. Even if one proves with actual facts they are wrong, they just simply ignore it and continue like a bunch of high school loud backbenchers.

have a good afternoon at Starbucks Timwin ?

Timwin when are you and all your buddies going to accept no for an answer. There is no Digital Nomad visa.

Timmy boy we laugh at you cos its our weekend off, we generally employ people if they are legal :-)

As for facts you don't want to accept them unless it suits your agenda.

Got a visa and WP??

Timmy boy we laugh at you cos its our weekend off, we generally employ people if they are legal :-)

Got a visa and WP??

HA HA! Mr. big company little worker bee there thinking he is a big tough boy. Hush hush, go to your room.

Got a visa and WP??

HA HA! Mr. big company little worker bee there thinking he is a big tough boy. Hush hush, go to your room.

Timmy dear boy, what are you bleating on about this time, hyperactive from the starbucks coffee ?

Got a visa and WP??

Timmy boy, don't worry too much I am not a worker bee ☺

• Like 1

Got a visa and WP??

Timmy boy, don't worry too much I am not a worker bee ☺

Timmy?

post-87166-0-57242500-1408804067_thumb.j

• Like 2

Timmy it's way past your bedtime, now go to sleep there's a good little boy and stop watching redtube it'll make you go blind.

• Like 1

one assumes my dear little timmy, you have statisical data to prove your assertion that a so called "freelancer" (which BTW in the Thai context is a polite term for a whore) earns 10 to 20 times an average Thai worker ? or as always are just pulling various "statistics" out your bottom ?

So freelancers are just a bunch of unclean whores? Ok

I have absolutely no idea, my dear Timwin, but seeing as "freelancer" is being thrown about so much on TV so much, I just thought I should point out for those who may not live in Thailand and reading this thread that the term "freelancer" has a completely different connotation in Thailand, ie it typically refers to a lady/or gentleman of the night, who sells sexual favours in exchange for money, I am not completely familar with all things "freelancer", but it seems you are, so let me ask you the question are they selling sexual favours in exchange for cash ?

Based on what you read on here large numbers of digital nomands will do just about anything to stay in in Thailand, but think seeling themselves are rent boys is a little extreme...

maybe this is why the Thai authorities are resisting handing out "freelance" visa's as they believe, they would get gangs of "professsionals" turning up Thailand, going into competition with the local adult entertainment "business".

also one suspects an "unclean" whore in most cases is a lot "cleaner" than a non whore, given the nature of the business they are in...thumbsup.gif

I think we will leave this here, as dont want to resurect your fixation with old white men again...whistling.gif

Troll post.

thanks... so in effect you have just contradicted everthing you said in your original post, Japan does not offer a "freelance" visa - "you have to be officially employed part-time at all of those companies"(so it's not exactly freelance)"

thumbsup.gif

I'm sorry you see that as a condradiction. Commonly, it is also colloquially called a freelance visa and a self-sponsored visa. But my post wasn't about what a visa is called in another country, my post was about another visa option that it might be nice if Thailand were to offer. It's a visa that allows an applicant to work for several employers, just like a freelancer would do. It would defintely handle some freelancer situations here (although not mine because I don't freelance for Thai companies).
My response right now is for other readers, as I am trying to be helpful rather than combative, unlike your post.
It's funny: I mistakenly thought your request for the links earlier was because you were interested in the visa I described, not because you wanted to find a hole in what I was saying and attack it.
So I would insert links for you as you requested, but I'm not sure how to communicate with a hissing cat. You clearly enjoy spending alot of time on this website to attack people, I guess that's the downside of not having other more meaningful things to do.
I think this is the part where you would insert a condescendingly smug gif?

thanks... so in effect you have just contradicted everthing you said in your original post, Japan does not offer a "freelance" visa - "you have to be officially employed part-time at all of those companies"(so it's not exactly freelance)"

thumbsup.gif

I'm sorry you see that as a condradiction. Commonly, it is also colloquially called a freelance visa and a self-sponsored visa. But my post wasn't about what a visa is called in another country, my post was about another visa option that it might be nice if Thailand were to offer. It's a visa that allows an applicant to work for several employers, just like a freelancer would do. It would defintely handle some freelancer situations here (although not mine because I don't freelance for Thai companies).
My response right now is for other readers, as I am trying to be helpful rather than combative, unlike your post.
It's funny: I mistakenly thought your request for the links earlier was because you were interested in the visa I described, not because you wanted to find a hole in what I was saying and attack it.
So I would insert links for you as you requested, but I'm not sure how to communicate with a hissing cat. You clearly enjoy spending alot of time on this website to attack people, I guess that's the downside of not having other more meaningful things to do.
I think this is the part where you would insert a condescendingly smug gif?

What you are talking about is a sub contractor and this can easily be done by opening a Thai company.

The problem remains that Digital Nomads want their bread buttered on both sides. They don't want corporate responsibility or tax implications they just want to be free to do whatever, wherever and whenever they like.

If there is a country in the World that condones and supports this I'd like to know. I may consider moving there.

• Like 2

What you are talking about is a sub contractor and this can easily be done by opening a Thai company.

The problem remains that Digital Nomads want their bread buttered on both sides. They don't want corporate responsibility or tax implications they just want to be free to do whatever, wherever and whenever they like.

If there is a country in the World that condones and supports this I'd like to know. I may consider moving there.

I wouldn't mind paying taxes at all, but not so thrilled about having to work in an office (if that's what you mean by corporate responsibility).

I still have to pay taxes on my earnings from Japanese companies, which is around 15%.

For the visa I mentioned earlier in Japan, all of the companies you would freelance for have to be Japanese.

Wow. So much butt hurt in this thread from the haters.

It must burn some of you up that you worked such a miserable job making just enough to scrap by in your old age, while the new generation can work while sitting on a beach and make good money doing it, even while they sleep.

Kudos to anyone who has figured out how to make a living on the road and reduce their tax burden at the same time. The system usually games people (hence the grumps here), but you have gamed the system. Well done! thumbsup.gif

To add..... I hope all of you "digital nomads" slip through the visa cracks and can work here on a tourist visa FOREVER while these old hateful grumps have to check in like they are on parole every 90 days.

• Like 2

To add..... I hope all of you "digital nomads" slip through the visa cracks and can work here on a tourist visa FOREVER while these old hateful grumps have to check in like they are on parole every 90 days.

checking in every 90 days is more arduous than a border run every 90 days and a trip to immigration every 60? hmmmmmmmmmm

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind paying taxes at all, but not so thrilled about having to work in an office (if that's what you mean by corporate responsibility).

I still have to pay taxes on my earnings from Japanese companies, which is around 15%.

For the visa I mentioned earlier in Japan, all of the companies you would freelance for have to be Japanese.

You don't have to work in an office you can work anywhere you like. What I mean by corporate responsibility is if something goes wrong how is your client protected? How is Thailand protected? That's why they want you to form a company so you cannot just hop on the next plane out of here. A company requires a minimum of three shareholders with minimum 51% Thai shareholding.

If the company is properly registered and you are not working from an office then you can bend the rules and not apply for a WP but remember you already have two Thai shareholders anyway if you wanted another two staff to get a WP it shouldn't be a big deal.

Many people have mentioned sole proprietorship it is not a legal entity in Thailand. This is not even possible for Thais although many Thais do work alone in the black economy.

I suggest you go to the Philippines. They really do not care less if you are working as a digital nomad or not. They are happy for you to go there and spend money and it's not a country that's full of expats who cannot stop talking about what others do and if they pay the correct taxes or not.

Edited by RichardThailand