• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes, 1112 and the like.. Next.

No not the same!

Ordinary Thai food 40 baht ; nothing like phoning for a pizza!

well ok then, to play along. yes this is not unique to you. I actually gave the moo ping guy a wink and 4 fingers on my way back from 711 to my condo, 10 mins later he showed up with 4 moo pings in hand = 35 baht. Sticky rice was extra however.

• Like 2

yes, 1112 and the like.. Next.

No not the same!

Ordinary Thai food 40 baht ; nothing like phoning for a pizza!

well ok then, to play along. yes this is not unique to you. I actually gave the moo ping guy a wink and 4 fingers on my way back from 711 to my condo, 10 mins later he showed up with 4 moo pings in hand = 35 baht. Sticky rice was extra however.

I know it is not unique, far from it.

Just the cementing of our food cooked as required and to individual tastes; unique or not, very pleasant!

Oi by the way is a friend and only cooks as a hobby, her husband is a skilled artisan and her son is assistant chef at a Bangkok hotel.

• Like 2

you are lucky.

Here the food is cheap but crap.....

I'm lucky too.

In my Chiang Mai neighbourhood the food is not only inexpensive, but quite good as well.

The local women haven't poisoned anyone lately to my knowledge.

Selling food out of your own house would be impossible in the country I used to call home.

• Like 2

OP, there is a borough, in London, that is called Southall.

Mostly inhabited by Indians.

There are many Oi's, living there and they will prepare for you a delicious lunch or dinner for a very reasonable price, and deliver to your house.

It's called tiffin.

So, nothing unique to Thailand.

• Like 1

Op, That's a good service you have going there, In Bangkok a lot of restaurants delivery by phone/web, I can just imagine the scene you calling and ordering with

broken Thai, then 5 minute later you hear the squeaky wheels of the old rusty bike while the old Thai lady wipes the sweat of her forehead

"Fooood Farang ready"

biggrin.png

Yes we also have that in our moobaan, for 50 baht they will bring a meal but it will be very small. I can easy eat 2 or 3 of them. We never use it though and prefer to eat clean fresh food without msg.

Other restaurants deliver by motorcy for 20 baht extra and give bigger portions of better quality. I don't think thai food is a healthy meal, i miss the vegy so we cook ourself if we want to eat healthy.

My/Our house in the UK has an open door, Quite often there are 10/12 Thai lady's eating with the wife, But they take it in turns,where they eat, Usualy they turn up, each with some Thai food, and they always wash up and clean after themselves, i don't have a problem at all with this.

Really? You're ok with that? I used to fear that happening, but thankfully it didn't ! Top marks for tolerance and flexibility.

My/Our house in the UK has an open door, Quite often there are 10/12 Thai lady's eating with the wife, But they take it in turns,where they eat, Usualy they turn up, each with some Thai food, and they always wash up and clean after themselves, i don't have a problem at all with this.

Really? You're ok with that? I used to fear that happening, but thankfully it didn't ! Top marks for tolerance and flexibility.

They are great girls all trustworthy, love em all

• Like 2

OP, there is a borough, in London, that is called Southall.

Mostly inhabited by Indians.

There are many Oi's, living there and they will prepare for you a delicious lunch or dinner for a very reasonable price, and deliver to your house.

It's called tiffin.

So, nothing unique to Thailand.

Indian food, love it...but where i stay in Phuket not really much decent indian restaurants, until recently...basically right on my door step, english guy that runs a hotel just opened a curry house, top quality grub , they hired an Indian guy that used to live in London, and its exactly the taste i remember from back home when i used to get an indian take away all the time... beats thai food any day ... I´ve also been working together and living in staff house alongside indians and they make food there, but bloomin awful..lol

More restaurants within a 5 minute ride than I can count, but my wife cooks better than any of them smile.png .

I thought you were going to complain about the rellies dropping in all the time. My rat bag nephew turns up most weekends for free food, free laundry, free tv and leaves a big mess everytime. I'd like to start charging him as if we were an hotel, but my wife won't wear that.

I'm in the same boat. My wife cooks better than almost any restaurant we visit. Other than the high end ones as they sometimes do very unique dishes.

I'll eat at home any day knowing the ingredients are better and the health standards are better. thumbsup.gif

Op, That's a good service you have going there, In Bangkok a lot of restaurants delivery by phone/web, I can just imagine the scene you calling and ordering with

broken Thai, then 5 minute later you hear the squeaky wheels of the old rusty bike while the old Thai lady wipes the sweat of her forehead

"Fooood Farang ready"

biggrin.png

My cook is trained in French cuisine, the wet season is her favourite time.

I enclose a video of her and her delicious food!

Almost every house on the soi just outside our subdivision serves cheap thai food like that. However, I travel one kilometer further and have a choice of 10 air conditioned restaurants with proper seating and fantastic menus. Japanese, Korean, European, Italian, English/Aussie and a bit more. Can call and order up most, but my wife picks it up. A few places sell their products for home cooking as well. Sausage King (outdoor Garden) and Kelly's. I live on a soi just behind Tesco by Raum Chok in Chiang Mai. We have several modes of transport, but enjoy the bicycles the most. Full breakfast 99 baht..with the works. Very seldom cook at home. Half a sub is 49 baht for a quickee. Thailand is not short on food availability.

Edited by slipperylobster

Just cause no one really cooks at your house, and unless it has 200 bedrooms, its not that much like a hotel at all is it.

You could get Oi to bring the food, and say 'loom service'. That would increase the hotelness of it all.

Just cause no one really cooks at your house, and unless it has 200 bedrooms, its not that much like a hotel at all is it.

You could get Oi to bring the food, and say 'loom service'. That would increase the hotelness of it all.

It is a bijou hotel!