New Thai PM - 'The economy must take priority'

webfact

It's got to be better than the other CABINETS (how many re-shuffles in 2+ years) JOKE. So does it really matter if they come from the ranks.

Look who you had in the last cabinets, names of nutters come to mind, that is another reason they bit the dust. Just comparing only.

Isn't this just what you and many others continually complained about and now your hero is doing exactly the same thing but even more blatantly?

Get real, this was a well planned military action by Suthep GP et al and they will reap the rewards. This is just the beginning.

You and the other few thinks only.

You didn't comment on the nutters that have made up the previous cabinet but condemn a new cabinet -and you do not know them, or how good a job they could do. I have reservations sure but refuse to condemn until it is found that they are not to standard you could expect.

We can go over the legitimacy of the intervention and call it all the names under the sun, but the fact is were here, and have to ride the waves, unless there is civil unrest--but I would doubt that as an option as Thais seem to be accepting the situ.

He is not my hero, crazy talk again, he is the Thai option at this minute to move on like it or lump it. It is the minority now that have to lump it, the same as most TVF members had to do when PTP came into power---the worm turns---for the better who knows.

Sorry to bust your bubble there is no Thai opinion, only an opinion which is allowed to be voiced.

Getting pretty sick and tired of people here spouting ridiculous claims of how popular a certain person is... put it this way about 10% I know personally and in business are happy the other 90% very not happy just to scared to say anything and or cant do anything.

Quite a good number are rapidly becoming broke, going further into debt or laying off people, most business owners in sectors I know say things are way down and look bleak, prices up, tourism flat as a pancake overseas orders dropping more as the baht starts to strengthen again.

I doubt Thai exporters or Tourism will be helped by a propped up high baht, domestic business economy is working better but not much, if prices continue to rise and jobs evaporate as business moves to cheaper locals and or tourists go elsewhere for better value it will flip that too. And thats just a very small part of the problems.

Yea the economy being a priority is right, its impossible to miss that little issue. So far its going into the same hole it was before just faster and deeper with spending on things such as HSR and military budgets up etc .. surprise surprise, so good luck with that economy thing. Hes gonna need to make merit a hell of a lot lol

90% are not happy ???--- just depends how many you know and what nationality they are -unless you think your figure reflects the nations contented people. and 10% happy. don't be bleeding ridiculous. your getting sick about peoples claims because your post is tells us the army is not good.

last year 1 pound=45 baht. any comment, be careful you may shoot yourself in the foot.

Biased post, why ? your first paragraph=tripe.

Edited by ginjag

so after 8 years, where the yellow and the army did completely destroy the economy, all of sudden they wake up....pfffffff

It's odd, but I didn't notice how perfect or paradisical Thailand was, before 2006 ? whistling.gif

If the economy really has been completely destroyed since then, shouldn't the PPP-led coalitions of 2008, or the PTP-led coalition for the past few years, also share the blame ? facepalm.gif

Edited by Ricardo

What we need to do now is build some new aircraft carriers and see if the Saudis will sell us some old jump jets at a knock down price that will get the economy growing and get some of those mini bus drivers to fly the jets they are great at controlling things at high speed, why on earth would we need new roads or rail for no good to us when North Korea or Cambodia is invading us we need big big guns planes tanks and even a few submarines would do nicely thank you very much.

"Prayuth has not revealed his plan for the make up of the Cabinet. But it was reported that most ministers would come from the inner circle of the junta.

His deputies are tipped to become deputy prime ministers and ministers, taking care of key ministries."

Say no more.

Agree, big mistake. Means more of the same incompetence.

so after 8 years, where the yellow and the army did completely destroy the economy, all of sudden they wake up....pfffffff

It's odd, but I didn't notice how perfect or paradisical Thailand was, before 2006 ? whistling.gif

If the economy really has been completely destroyed since then, shouldn't the PPP-led coalitions of 2008, or the PTP-led coalition for the past few years, also share the blame ? facepalm.gif

no before september 2006, the economy growth was around 5.5%

Thaskin was a strong leader, feared and listened by everyone.

Later when Samak or Yingluck got elected, they never get the chance to govern peacefully. never get the chance to implements their policy.

Always some yellow thugs to distubs democracy.

yeah the yellow did completely destroy the economy, thanks to the mad monk

Isn't this just what you and many others continually complained about and now your hero is doing exactly the same thing but even more blatantly?

Get real, this was a well planned military action by Suthep GP et al and they will reap the rewards. This is just the beginning.

You didn't comment on the nutters that have made up the previous cabinet but condemn a new cabinet -and you do not know them, or how good a job they could do. I have reservations sure but refuse to condemn until it is found that they are not to standard you could expect.

We can go over the legitimacy of the intervention and call it all the names under the sun, but the fact is were here, and have to ride the waves, unless there is civil unrest--but I would doubt that as an option as Thais seem to be accepting the situ.

He is not my hero, crazy talk again, he is the Thai option at this minute to move on like it or lump it. It is the minority now that have to lump it, the same as most TVF members had to do when PTP came into power---the worm turns---for the better who knows.

Sorry to bust your bubble there is no Thai opinion, only an opinion which is allowed to be voiced.

Getting pretty sick and tired of people here spouting ridiculous claims of how popular a certain person is... put it this way about 10% I know personally and in business are happy the other 90% very not happy just to scared to say anything and or cant do anything.

Quite a good number are rapidly becoming broke, going further into debt or laying off people, most business owners in sectors I know say things are way down and look bleak, prices up, tourism flat as a pancake overseas orders dropping more as the baht starts to strengthen again.

I doubt Thai exporters or Tourism will be helped by a propped up high baht, domestic business economy is working better but not much, if prices continue to rise and jobs evaporate as business moves to cheaper locals and or tourists go elsewhere for better value it will flip that too. And thats just a very small part of the problems.

Yea the economy being a priority is right, its impossible to miss that little issue. So far its going into the same hole it was before just faster and deeper with spending on things such as HSR and military budgets up etc .. surprise surprise, so good luck with that economy thing. Hes gonna need to make merit a hell of a lot lol

90% are not happy ???--- just depends how many you know and what nationality they are -unless you think your figure reflects the nations contented people. and 10% happy. don't be bleeding ridiculous. your getting sick about peoples claims because your post is tells us the army is not good.

last year 1 pound=45 baht. any comment, be careful you may shoot yourself in the foot.

ill tell you what dosnt represent the nations feelings and thats a one sided claim and praise whilst blocking any other opinion. Im just talking about Thais I know, it may be a small slice but they range across Thailand not just in one small area, of which about 50% were not happy before anyway with the PTP road, interestingly about 40% of them are no happier now contrary to what is reported. ... and that has surprised me tbh

In other words there is a marked drop in contentedness and optimism from those I know, in business both domestic and exporting.

If you care to actually read correctly youd note i was not comparing last years exchange rate and claiming nothing but rather pointing out a strong baht does not help exports nor encourages tourism. It was a problem before and its a problem now.

ill tell you what dosnt represent the nations feelings and thats a one sided claim and praise whilst blocking any other opinion. Im just talking about Thais I know, it may be a small slice but they range across Thailand not just in one small area, of which about 50% were not happy before anyway with the PTP road, interestingly about 40% of them are no happier now contrary to what is reported. ... and that has surprised me tbh

In other words there is a marked drop in contentedness and optimism from those I know, in business both domestic and exporting.

If you care to actually read correctly youd note i was not comparing last years exchange rate and claiming nothing but rather pointing out a strong baht does not help exports nor encourages tourism. It was a problem before and its a problem now.

Thanfully your reply has softened, the E.oak poll you did across the width and breadth of Thailand-quote " of those you know" so that means x 10 million you have come to a national average. ranging from the Oriental CEO to a laos whisky alcoholic on a bamboo table.

Well come back to me after 6 months and let me know how the country is getting on, not slag it off -doom and gloom now.

There is nothing more visible to the world community that the economy hence all of the noise about it's priority. But the foundations of a current economy, let alone a growing one, are simply not developed. All of the education system, including vocational training, consistent and uniform rule of law, a reality based understanding and assessment of Thailand's standing. In Yoga there is a concept of "body awareness," that underpins the discipline. This means that the practitioner needs to know what specific muscles are needed, at what level of effort to perform a given asana, and at the same time an awareness of limitations so as not to injure oneself.

Thailand does not appear to have much "body awareness" and this makes it difficult to find and maintain a balance. The culture of self interest first has to be understood and somehow changed, but there is no delivery system to affect education and change and there are no role models to look to. It is absurd to think that all of the work cannot be done everywhere at the same time. But small efforts could be made to find out what works could be achieved. It is an unfortunate fact that Time is not a friend in this context.

Thanfully your reply has softened, the E.oak poll you did across the width and breadth of Thailand-quote " of those you know" so that means x 10 million you have come to a national average. ranging from the Oriental CEO to a laos whisky alcoholic on a bamboo table.

Well come back to me after 6 months and let me know how the country is getting on, not slag it off -doom and gloom now.

Unfortunately your attitude hasnt, your rhetoric towards anyone who dosnt fit your ideal has become tiresome and frankly im done wasting posts on you after this. I said a wide area of the country and a small slice not millions. You only believe what you wish to see just goes to show you dont read things too well nor take any interest other than whats fed to you mostly no doubt by the internal media that fits into your little bubble of belief.

Nothing new there.

ta taa

It's been pretty obvious for some time that the local economy is on it's knees. Businesses closing, lot of Thai people laid off or working short hours etc etc.

Did the General notice, or did somebody tell him, or maybe he listened to the good news only dept.?