Turkish Man Attacked By Street Vendor In Pattaya

Rimmer

If price is important to you,then ask BEFORE you buy. After is pointless.

Learn to say "how much" in thai. It is not difficult.

However, unless the Turk was taking a swing at the vendor, the knife should not have been used.

• Like 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe he should learn the term "tao rai krab?", "how much?" would work just as fine in most cases... If you blindly buy something or jump into a tuktuk without asking the price first then you can hardly get pissed off for the over price, or yea, you can, but it will only lead to troubles... (exception are the songtaews in Chiang Mai where it's apparently way better to just tell destination and jump on then hand him 20 baht (or was it 10? I've forgot...) when you arrive since the price is fixed. While asking the price will indicate that you "hire" the whole songthaew as a taxi (which will not stop him from picking up other customers on the way...)

• Like 1

A foreigner will always get overcharged from these vendors.

It's not only a Thai-Foreigner thing. Believe me, Thais like to rip-off their own country people too. Often it's easier, because the Thai don't complain. Moreover, sometime i think they hate each other. They recognize from where someone come. People from Buriram don't like people from Surin and so on.... Thais eating a lot of shit. Sometime they need a valve to pressure drain. This time, the Turk was in the queue.

Edited by alocacoc

He was ripped off. Everyone knows that a portion of watermelon is 10 baht here!

JT I would have absolutely no idea what watermelon or anything else costs except JW Gold Label in Best Super.

I aways ask how much things cost in Thailand, especially in the tourist areas. Being Turkish , he should know this, does he really think that a water melon is 10 baht anywhere in Pattaya ? Maybe he left his brain at home.

Post removed under forum rule 7)

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Another quality tourist. Is anyone really surprised about crackdowns.

So a vendor who attacks soneone with a knife over 10 baht is a quality vendor/rep of his country to visitors?

U need yer head checked

Who the hell in their right mind could condone this. So its ok to commit attempted murder or go the full hog (homicide) for anything seen to be of a rude nature .. GET REAL ..... these budding Farang/thais make me PUKE !!!!!!!!

REMEMBER THIS.......

One of these days all you hardliner Clowns on here might have family or friends on holiday and some crazy lunatic might injure one of them or WORSE... so cut all the BS and think in a more positive way .. MOCKING IS CATCHING - FACT !!!

Edited by Rimmer
Profane
  • Like 1

The mistake is of both of them. The tourist should have first confirmed the rate then buy, and the vendor should not have used knife.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

He was attacked by a drive by fruiting. lol

Arguing over 10 baht, stupid. Look in the bottom of my sock draw and you may find enough change for a 100 pieces of watermelon, at Turkish prices. The Turk got off cheaply, a kidney costs more.

• Like 2

What I find strange is that more people on here are talking about the watermelon or the argument over 10 baht. That shouldn't be the issue at all. The issue is that a person used a knife on another over a silly argument. The vendor should be in jail for a long time to protect society. Violence is unacceptable.

• Like 2

Causing the fruit vendor to lose face by making a scene over 10 baht, dear oh dear.

The Turk has a lot to learn, perhaps he was also swearing and pointing a finger at the Thai in Thailand.

Fruit vendor sounds like a thug and Turk sounds like a complete donkey, all in all it seems they were ment for each other.

• Like 1

Common scam. They do not cut " large pieces " and do not inform .

Happened to me a few times . When I paid with not exact change.

No point to argue as you will not win, just accept the 10 baht rip off scam and move on,

I'll remember that if I have to deal with someone like you. Move on...

I regrettably found myself in the khao San area back in 2002 for a couple of nights. I got sick to death of hearing "No.. i'll pay you this i'll pay you that".

One Guy from Israel waving his fist shouting No No No... i give you 7 baht.... He was buying a plastic bottle of water telling the shop keeper No! i paid 7 baht yesterday not 8 baht. His attitude made me feel sick.

I have never been back to that area since

• Like 2

I can't believe what i am reading.

Sometimes my brains don't seem to connect with the story i am reading , so i kick myself in the primitive approach to figure out what on earth triggers a grown-up to get himself in the situation described.

Again i fail to understand.

So i just tell myself its not true and leave it to this reply!

Edited by hgma

is Thailand becoming the hub for attacks on foreigners? we had the american who was killed by a samurai

welding taxi driver (confirmed drug addict)in Bangkok,we had the foreigner who was stabbed on beach road

by a watch seller(500 baht fine)then there was the american on a bike who was slashed by a male masseur

because he spoke out when he was crashed into,and the american who was hit on the head by a ladyboys

stiletto shoe causing multiple wounds.i have watched these ladyboys and they try to physically drag guys

into their bar.yesterday in the space of one hour i watched two different vendors and one agreed a price

and then blatantly walked away without giving the customer their change while the other one after haggling

with the customer hit him in the stomach and the foreigner just handed him 4/5 hundred baht that the vendor

was demanding. it appears that the violence and intimidation towards foreigners is much more common place

now than i can ever remember.should the junta crackdown on these people or at least let the punishment

fit the crime.