Thaksin tells supporters to give Prayuth govt chance

webfact

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What are the names of those PT party members? Were they authorised to travel abroad? Wasn't this a hidden political meeting? Shoudn't they be 'called in' and have their passports revoked?

An extradition treaty would also be nice.

Thanks for the link- how one interprets it is another -and how ones acts upon it is another thing.

You asked a question. I provided an answer. I cannot comment on what I think about the content due to the restrictions you deny are in place. As for interpretation? There is only one way to "interpret" the information - you either believe it or deny it, up to you.

it looks like the list is already out of date

If you go to the main page (in English) that I provided you can navigate from there to find updates http://freedom.ilaw.or.th/en

thanks. of course the situation changes daily at the moment.

I hope T's "give P's gov a chance" wasn't for a deal cut to keep Y out of court over the rice scam and anything else ? still remains to be seen who is going to be charged over 500 billion baht +/- lost over the 3 years of the rice deal...but I like the Gen. and hope he does good - seems like a down to earth guy and if he ran in a real voted election he might just swing the vote away from the red's - after some new laws on how to bankrupt Thailand with populist vote getting schemes get enacted... we will see...his PM thing actually made a few MSM websites yesterday altho not headlined...

It is a lot more behind his support than WE can imagine. Politics is full of mistery and lies....and always...MONEY RULES. But.....if the PEOPLE do not dream about CHANGE..and an honest and fair government ....who will?

Can't the NCPO release a press release stating that if any media outlet mentions any future statements from wanted convicted fugitives living abroad will be bought in for questioning and be taken off air or closed down.

Out of mind out of sight.

I would not usually agree with a military run system of government, but this one seems to be working so well, so far anyway.

It's like a strict preschool teacher taking control of a bunch of spoilt brats that keep stealing all the other kids lollies.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

it looks like the list is already out of date

I like the

"The information in this page covers only the progress of cases which we have reliable sources. There could be more cases occured out of our sight."

One can go anyway with that.

I how I miss the Yingluck Administration with it's constant anti-government protester harassing and the 'unknowns' who targeted the anti-government protesters with cowardly attacks in the night. Much more democratically.

Anyway, When Thaksin orders his people to co-operate when may be excused to get a funny feeling about how useful their co-operation will be. Instead of agitating outside, be inside and ask seemingly interesting questions. Be seen to work with the NLa without actually doing anything but obstructing.

BTW it warms the cockles on my heart to have this criminal fugitive democratically telling his people something or another. Waiting for the first to tell me, that they don't have to listen, just like some told me when he skype-in into cabinet meetings.

PS does iLAW also have a page on how many anti-government protesters were charged in the seven months before the coup?

PS does iLAW also have a page on how many anti-government protesters were charged in the seven months before the coup?

Yes that would be interesting wouldn't it. How many indeed? I only recall one, the popcorn gunman. I'm sure you have reams of evidence about the other "wronged" PDRC anti-government supporters whose human rights have been denied, haven't you?

Update: Forgot about the 5 Navy SEAL's moonlighting as security guards who were arrested - not sure they had much of an excuse that their human rights were trampled on but I'm sure you'll come up with some examples of those anti government supporters who have had their rights violated.....................

Your clutching at straws fabie.

HE has spoken the General will be sleeping well tonight.

It's more like Dubai kept his side of the bargain and will be sleeping well tonight knowing they won't go after his family and more importantly, won't touch his ill gotten wealth.

This may indeed be the agreement, which the government has made with Thaksin. "You leave Thailand alone while we solve the mess you go us in, and we'll leave your money alone."

A Thai friend informed me that Yingluck explained the reason behind their faux support of the military.

They are betting that the economy will be gutted by the military and will enhance their future political prospects.

Thaksin is a clever politician. Probably the cleverest one out there in terms of playing the game.

If you look at all the junta spending thus far; increase of military budget, continuing with the majority of PTP mega-projects etc. It's a good bet that they are right on the money.

Thaksin's popularity (and conversely the Democrat Party's unpopularity) stemmed from the bitter medicine policies of the Democrat Chuan government of the late 90's (you remember the one that Suthep brought down because of his corruption scandals). It seems the current junta are set for a repeat of those failed and divisive fiscal policies and by design, in the medium to long term, it shouldn't affect the popularity of the PTP machine, indeed it could be the rejuvenation they need to sort Thailand's problematic military out once and for all.

The former prime minister tells supporters to give a chance

.... the typographist must have taken the wrong manuscript for the newspaper as the original reads:

the fugitive with all this ill-gotten wealth is bloody happy that the present government-runners keep to their promises

Or do I see anything wrong here?

Is this a case of him selling his supporters down the river in the hope of some later leniency for him. Or is he really trying to build bridges

I think the bridges have already been built.

Interestingly the General was talking about reconciliation and the need to forgive and forget on television last night.

Issues with the Shin family on logging, rice scheme scams, funding certain "activities", illegal issuing of passports, etc all seem to be quietly fading away. As do issues associated with key red shirt and PTP leaders.

Looks like either some crimes are going to be forgotten in the interests of state unity or someone is quietly building a series of massive cases before swooping. Thailand seems to favor the former as others may want the same courtesies when the power base shifts again.

It will be a sad day for Thailand if this evil criminal is ever allowed back and pardoned of all his crimes.

• Like 1

A Thai friend informed me that Yingluck explained the reason behind their faux support of the military.

They are betting that the economy will be gutted by the military and will enhance their future political prospects.

Thaksin is a clever politician. Probably the cleverest one out there in terms of playing the game.

If you look at all the junta spending thus far; increase of military budget, continuing with the majority of PTP mega-projects etc. It's a good bet that they are right on the money.

Thaksin's popularity (and conversely the Democrat Party's unpopularity) stemmed from the bitter medicine policies of the Democrat Chuan government of the late 90's (you remember the one that Suthep brought down because of his corruption scandals). It seems the current junta are set for a repeat of those failed and divisive fiscal policies and by design, in the medium to long term, it shouldn't affect the popularity of the PTP machine, indeed it could be the rejuvenation they need to sort Thailand's problematic military out once and for all.

It reads like a good plot.But you have to add the part about PTP not really being a political party in the Western sense, but just another vehicle for the wannabee dictator to govern the country as his own family's fiefdom and for their benefit first and foremost. Compare his family's wealth with that of the average Thai and then wonder where and how it was created.

You are right - he will play a waiting game and does not want anybody using the excuses that PTP, his family or himself sabotaged the Junta's efforts. He's hoping they fail and he can say "see we gave them every chance" etc.

Clever - possibly. Cunning, sly and without ethics or morals - for sure.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1

I like the

"The information in this page covers only the progress of cases which we have reliable sources. There could be more cases occured out of our sight."

One can go anyway with that.

I how I miss the Yingluck Administration with it's constant anti-government protester harassing and the 'unknowns' who targeted the anti-government protesters with cowardly attacks in the night. Much more democratically.

Anyway, When Thaksin orders his people to co-operate when may be excused to get a funny feeling about how useful their co-operation will be. Instead of agitating outside, be inside and ask seemingly interesting questions. Be seen to work with the NLa without actually doing anything but obstructing.

BTW it warms the cockles on my heart to have this criminal fugitive democratically telling his people something or another. Waiting for the first to tell me, that they don't have to listen, just like some told me when he skype-in into cabinet meetings.

Yes that would be interesting wouldn't it. How many indeed? I only recall one, the popcorn gunman. I'm sure you have reams of evidence about the other "wronged" PDRC anti-government supporters whose human rights have been denied, haven't you?

Update: Forgot about the 5 Navy SEAL's moonlighting as security guards who were arrested - not sure they had much of an excuse that their human rights were trampled on but I'm sure you'll come up with some examples of those anti government supporters who have had their rights violated.....................

Update2: about 30 or 40 PDRC/PCAD leaders charged with terrorism for staging anti-government protests. Very democratic of course, just what a 'democratic government' would do.

Anyway, you still don't seem to be in the right mood.

30 or 40 PDRC leaders charged with terrorism - Oh, OK. Once the genie of blanket terrorism charges for demonstrators was let out of the bottle in 2010 by abhisit, I'm afraid that subsequent governments were bound to follow that bad example.

No excuse for branding any anti government supporters who are demonstrating peaceably as "terrorists" but when government offices are occupied, streets blockaded, people forcibly restrained from voting, etc. under the explicit orders of the said leaders, one can hardly complain that 1) the government was acting undemocratically and 2) the arrested leaders had had their human rights violated. Though it obviously hasn't stopped you from trying , I note.

Oh, by the way, what is the right mood to adopt when rolling over and accepting a coup?

Thaksin believes that Thailand can not and will not change and that the Gen will fail. He believes that he will swoop in and reestablish control and patron government, top heavy with corruption. He believes that someday he will install his son as PM. Only time will tell.

I don't know if the General will fail, certainly he will fail in some endeavors, but, when has anyone really tried to solve some of the many problems. He seems an honest man and I trust him, he will do battle with Thai culture and the myriad corrupt bosses big and small. His success will depend on whether the middle level fish join him in remaking Thailand into a country where there is real opportunity for the middle and lower classes, not just the corrupt who bow at Thaksin's feet with tribute in hand.

Thaksin has never had the vision to see that building the base, the lower classes, causes much more profit to flow up that by just stealing money from the country. Ripping off the nation is not sustainable and eventually the family will fall off its pedestal.

I salute you, General, for taking the chance and making an effort to turn the nation around. No one else ever has, certainly not Thaksin.

The General has one objective and we all know what that is. Until this has been fulfilled he will remain in power regardless of whether he is perceived as being successful or not in running the country.

Edited by Mr Yim

The new government of Thailand needs to find a way, legal or not, to bring Thaksin Shinawatra back to Thailand to face the music. The way I see it, the crimes that he has committed against Thailand in the last 2 years, are enough to give him the death penalty.

image removed

Pathetic post.

"Thaksin told the Pheu Thai members to support the government and give it a chance to run the country to the full efforts,"

Maybe Thaksin should call some of the posters here on TVF. It would seem a few didn't get the memo.

What a load of nonsense. Most of the people who oppose you on TVF don't like Thaksin, but like the other side even less.

I am one of those people.

Now listen carefully, I'll only say this once:

This is not about me, or you, or our opinions. This is about

"Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawtra told leading Pheu Thai party members not to disrupt the country administration by the interim government of PM-elect Prayuth Chan-ocha, a Pheu Thai source said."

It reads like a good plot.But you have to add the part about PTP not really being a political party in the Western sense, but just another vehicle for the wannabee dictator to govern the country as his own family's fiefdom and for their benefit first and foremost. Compare his family's wealth with that of the average Thai and then wonder where and how it was created.

You are right - he will play a waiting game and does not want anybody using the excuses that PTP, his family or himself sabotaged the Junta's efforts. He's hoping they fail and he can say "see we gave them every chance" etc.

Clever - possibly. Cunning, sly and without ethics or morals - for sure.

"Compare his family's wealth with that of the average Thai and then wonder where and how it was created."

Comparing the Shinawara family's wealth with Khun Average Somchai seems to me a bit of a pointless task and only posed to make a partisan point. Far more telling would be to compare his family's wealth with their peers (in the context of wealth) i.e the other richest families in Thailand, and wonder where and how they created their wealth.

• Like 2