Lennon killer denied parole again

Lite Beer

I hope they will never release the Belgian child molester/killer Marc Dutroux.

He also requested to be freed, unsuccessfully sofar. His wife though was released early and is hiding in a convent. We understand he lives in prison with many requests fulfilled.

Several criminals have been released early in Belgium over the last years benefitting from a law allowing just that.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Imagine

Yes.

Imagine all that Lennon could still be giving to the world...

This scumbag is a gutless coward who was hiding in the shadows and shot the man in the back.

And this business about "trying to impress" some girl is nonsense.

In his own words:

"The Beatles changed the world. And I changed the Beatles."

Rot. You soulless, selfish poor excuse of a human.

"All you need is love"

If this sicko had shot Joe Bloggs he would be out now. Keeping him in prison just because he killed someone famous makes a total mockery of the law.

Whilst I have no sympathy with him or his situation whatsoever, I think that you are right. The public outcry would be too great so he will remain in prison forever.

• Like 1

If this sicko had shot Joe Bloggs he would be out now. Keeping him in prison just because he killed someone famous makes a total mockery of the law.

From the OP sentenced to twenty years to life, so eligible to apply for parole, but...

The New York State Board of Parole told Chapman it had "determined that if released at this time, there is a reasonable probability that you would not live and remain at liberty without again violating the law,"

I still remember when Lennon was killed. I lived in a really nice neighborhood in San Francisco and someone put his latest LP in the window in front of their Christmas tree. They left it up for a few weeks and I mourned his loss every time I walked by there.

I was in the lobby of a hotel in Zimbabwe. A very large, armed & somewhat inebriated Boer farmer started shouting something like "Good, they should shoot all those bloody hippies."

At the time I didn't know what he was referring to, but used room service for dinner that night to keep a low profile just in case he thought I looked hippie-ish.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

The person who needs the most help may be Yoko. After 23 years she still cannot forgive the murderer. This inability to forgive is surely affecting her health and happiness.

• Like 1

Whilst I have no sympathy with him or his situation whatsoever, I think that you are right. The public outcry would be too great so he will remain in prison forever.

Hmmmmmmm, you both forget the shit head robbed the world of someone special, someone that made a big difference to folks lives, Lennon was not a Joe Bloggs (as you put it)....coffee1.gif

Just what makes Lennon more special than a loving father murdered, a loving mother murdered, a loving brother or sister murdered ? Why should killing a famous person result in a more severe sentence than killing a non famous person.

Murder is murder. No doubt all those normal families who have watched the murderers of their family member released wished they would rot in jail but have watched them released.

People here constantly complain that people here are treated differently because of who they are yet are quite happy top see people treated differently because of who they killed.

• Like 1

Hmmmmmmm, you both forget the shit head robbed the world of someone special, someone that made a big difference to folks lives, Lennon was not a Joe Bloggs (as you put it)....coffee1.gif

Just what makes Lennon more special than a loving father murdered, a loving mother murdered, a loving brother or sister murdered ? Why should killing a famous person result in a more severe sentence than killing a non famous person.

Murder is murder. No doubt all those normal families who have watched the murderers of their family member released wished they would rot in jail but have watched them released.

People here constantly complain that people here are treated differently because of who they are yet are quite happy top see people treated differently because of who they killed.

Are you telling me ALL premeditated murders are released from prison.......Total rolox...........coffee1.gif

While Lennon deserves no special rights because of his influence, it cannot be denied that he was special. His music affected millions and in a way helped shape the rock and roll sound of his era and continuing onward.

And I do not see why people can be offended if others call for Chapman's parole to be denied. We have the right to do so. The legal system is not obligated to listen.

But there is also a case to be made for harsher penalties for people who kill famous people. It is simply obvious that famous people face more danger from unknown assailants then the average man.

The average man has the protection of being part of the herd.

Bottom line; the parole board decides; that is their job; full stop

If you don't like it perhaps you could lobby to have the US system of justice changed

I have zero sympathy for this convicted murderer. He took a great man from us all.

Nonetheless he has now served many years past his minimum parole term.

There have been many many murder cases in horrific circumstances where the murderer has received lesser time in prison.