is there website to send text messages with a Thai return number so its low cost to reply ?

BKKdreaming

Hi

does anyone know of a website that will let you send and receive Text messages and gives you a Thai phone number?

I would like to text a few people from the USA but when they reply to my text it costs them a lot of $$$$,

plus its not cheap from my side either,

so a good solution would be that the text came from a Thai number and answered back to a "Thai number" even when its an internet number.

if this is not possible is there a Thai sim card that allows you to text in English over the internet and receive the reply on the internet ?

thanks for your ideas

If you have a smartphone you could use the app Line. Line is a very popular app in Asia for Text messages, Pictures and calls. It is free, all you need is an internet connection. According wikipedia 22 million users in Thailand...,

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_(application)

+1

You can also use it to make calls via internet.

Edited by phetphet

thanks for all the ideas on Line, Viper etc

But that is not what I need , I cannot expect 10 - 20 people to all have the same set-up or even have a smart phone, !

But they can all receive and send SMS text messages , I just want to make it cheap for them to reply since it is a local Thai number and not a International phone number,

That is why I was wondering if any Sim card can do SMS text messages send+ receive over the net , I could buy a Sim , set it up and use that number for SMS Text messages only.

But that is not what I need , I cannot expect 10 - 20 people to all have the same set-up or even have a smart phone, !

But they can all receive and send SMS text messages , I just want to make it cheap for them to reply since it is a local Thai number and not a International phone number,

That is why I was wondering if any Sim card can do SMS text messages send+ receive over the net , I could buy a Sim , set it up and use that number for SMS Text messages only.

Everyone I know in Thailand seems to:

a) be younger than me

B) have a better/newer/smarter phone than me (men, women, even school kids)

c) have the LINE app installed on their phones

So my suggestion to OP - ask your contacts whether they use LINE - and you may be surprised. 22 million Thais can't be wrong!

• Like 1

Thais seem to no longer use text message. Only if it's included in a plan.

For example, I use B899 plan with True. It's included unlimited 500 mins talk time, 300SMS and 50MMS.

BUT....the minimum of upload and download is 2.00GB Once I reach it, it will be fair usage. The SMS will be only in Thai Number. If I sent it to any international number, I will be charge extra from my plan.

I assure some replies above. People these days use LINE, Whatapps, Viber, Tango etc. Many people have smartphone. We even can but a cheap SIM us unlimited Facebook or LINE apps.

Most people have smart phones now. If they do it is very easy to download the app for line, or viber.

It really is the way to go these days. Everyone is messaging that way now. You can send photos and all sorts of things free.

You are missing out if you don't look at these apps. Just google and read about them it is really quite easy.

Otherwise if you don't want to do that. Just email

• Like 1

Internet based text chat vid calls are all the rage and Line is the biggest and most popular in use in Thailand, every Thai i know is useing that app.

Even a low cost Galaxy has internet and can download chat applications, download Line yourself, might suprise you when Line finds that 95% of your thai contacts are useing Line.

Ps you can get it for your desktop as well, i run it on my mac and my windows laptop, i can chat from my pc while i work or browse away.

You can send SMS in Skype and at least in the Windows version set the number that the message will appear to be sent from so that the recipients can reply directly, of course this would require you to have you Thai SIM active in a phone.

Edited by damole