Want to buy a notebook PC in Pattaya

praglen

Screen size not important. Used o.k. if it's recent and works and has HD and USB ports and at least 250 GB HD and expansion GB Ram of 2-6 GB.

If interested, **** Please use PM function to contact ****

Edited by metisdead
17) Do not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures.

I have a fairly good idea of new prices as I've bought 2 this year, one last month.

Most of the money goes into the processor, then the graphics card. Most new laptops sport minimum 500 GB hard drives these days and at least 4 GB of RAM. It's unusual to see hard drives as low as 320 GB and 2 GB RAM unless they're really trying to achieve a very low price.

If you're into gaming, you need to spend upwards of 20K, but then again most people who play serious games don't buy laptops for the purpose. If you're only doing basic web browsing, word processing, email etc, then you don't need much and you can get an adequate low end model for as low as 10K (Acer, HP, Lenovo), but they will have a slow Pentium processor or an equivalent AMD. I'd recommend going a little higher, into the 12 - 13K range for an Intel core i3 processor. Acer have some good ones and for this price you can even score a 15.6 inch screen, all with 3 x USB ports (2 x USB 2.0 and 1 x USB 3.0). All have an HDMI port.

The operating system is an important consideration. The above prices are sans OS and you'll pay around 3K more for an original copy of Windows 8.1. Few laptops in the stores come with OEM, so you have to buy the Windows 8 disk and load it yourself or get the guy in the store to do it for you.

Most new models you buy now won't be supported in Windows 7, so you'll have to do some tweaking if you insist on using Windows 7, as I do. The drivers for Windows 7 probably won't be available on the manufacturers support site.

(I bought an Acer in January with a 4th generation core i7 processor and loaded it with Windows 7. The drivers weren't available on the Acer support site at the time, but about a month later they magically appeared. Public demand I suppose. I had quite a bit of trouble finding a Windows 7 driver for USB 3.0 that was compatible. It's worthwhile checking out the support sites driver availability before you buy).

If you browse around the main computer stores you may be able to find a special with genuine Windows already loaded for a decent price.

This could be important, so I'll mention it. To install Windows 7 on a new 4th generation computer you'll have to be able to use the Legacy boot mode in BIOS. The machines I bought had both UEFI and Legacy boot modes. If you want to load Windows 7, change the boot mode in BIOS before you start. It's possible that as computers become more advanced this option may disappear. It's a good idea to check this out if you want to use Windows 7.

• Like 1

I bought Asus for games.

And just cuz its fast.

I couldn't get it in pattaya so I went to bkk

Here it is.

Its around 50k

Comes with backpack mouse etc

If u need nice toy.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Asus-G750JW-Notebook.96316.0.html

That's a nice unit, but wasted on me. Come to think about it, it's not really that expensive if you consider people pay over 40K (I paid 43 K in 2011) for a basic MacBook Air.

I bought Asus for games.

And just cuz its fast.

I couldn't get it in pattaya so I went to bkk

Here it is.

Its around 50k

Comes with backpack mouse etc

If u need nice toy.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Asus-G750JW-Notebook.96316.0.html

That's a nice unit, but wasted on me. Come to think about it, it's not really that expensive if you consider people pay over 40K (I paid 43 K in 2011) for a basic MacBook Air.
Yes depends what one need

That laptop is top noch.

I just play games sometime

If for www and skype only and some movies get something different cheaper.

I recommend Asus brand.

Edited by mataleo

Just out of interest, if you wanted to put together a PC with similar specs, what would you pay?

For same money I would get more powerful pc. Put it that way

And thats not for sure...

good screen is 8k

Good.graphic card expensive

Too much hassle

Edited by mataleo

Just out of interest, if you wanted to put together a PC with similar specs, what would you pay?

good screen is 8k

Too much hassle

I don't agree,

You can get a mid sized home build desk top pc for around 30K baht that will blow a 40K baht notebook pc out of the water.

If you go to a store like JIB in Tukcom and tell them what you want, they will put it together for you free of charge.

The hard thing is to choose the parts which take some goggle around to check tests and so on.

• Like 1

good screen is 8k

Too much hassle

I don't agree,

You can get a mid sized home build desk top pc for around 30K baht that will blow a 40K baht notebook pc out of the water.

If you go to a store like JIB in Tukcom and tell them what you want, they will put it together for you free of charge.

The hard thing is to choose the parts which take some goggle around to check tests and so on.

I dont agree

U look on my asus graphic card

If u want buy model up for pc nvidia card its quite expensive just the vid card

U look 200GB HDD price

U look 8GB ram price

U look top motherboard price its pricey

Then u need cooling system

Power adaptor

Case

All cables inside and outside

Wifi card

Bluetooth card if u want beat me cu laptop got it all

U need decent sound card and speakers

U need mic

U need top camera

Cuz laptop got it

U need mouse keyboard

And screen

30k u can get main board and video card may b be enough for mouse as well...

Myself i would not build better pc desktop for 50k then Asus i got above.

Edited by mataleo

good screen is 8k

Too much hassle

I don't agree,

I dont agree

U look on my asus graphic card

If u want buy model up for pc nvidia card its quite expensive just the vid card

U look 200GB HDD price

U look 8GB ram price

U look top motherboard price its pricey

Then u need cooling system

Power adaptor

Case

All cables inside and outside

Wifi card

Bluetooth card if u want beat me cu laptop got it all

U need decent sound card and speakers

U need mic

U need top camera

Cuz laptop got it

U need mouse keyboard

And screen

30k u can get main board and video card may b be enough for mouse as well...

Myself i would not build better pc desktop for 50k then Asus i got above.

facepalm.gif

Hardest part: finding a 200 GB hard drive. ;)

I ment to say 500GB

Why would you even bother with a 500 GB drive? (if you were putting your own unit together). I only see 500 GB drives in budget machines these days.
500 is enough for me

I ment 500 minimum and up

I got 500 many games movies

Running linux and windows and still lots of free space