Long-term motorbike (scooter) parking at CNX?

Ebenweb

• 1 year later...

Thanks to Freedomnow for promptly answering my question about the cost of motorbike/cycle parking at CNX.

After posting the question, I did find at the official Chiang Mai Airport website its parking rates, which only show amounts for 4- and 6-wheel vehicles (implying that the 2-wheel variety are gratis):

http://chiangmaiairportthai.com/en/296-parking

Thanks, again.

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm the free and convenient parking of motorbikes/motorcycles at the Chiang Mai (CNX) airport.

See the attached picture from the start of a recent 4-day sojourn, during which I parked between the International Terminal and the Kaewplasod (แก้วปลาสค) Restaurant. The latter, by the way, has excellent Thai dishes at reasonable prices, and a fascinating collection of historical photographs of old Chiang Mai and antique appliances, despite its otherwise commonplace decor. It's a good place to dine before a flight.

At the airport, there's a large, long parking section reserved for motorbikes that seemed much better organized than I have found elsewhere, with little double-parking by inconsiderate bikers who block your exit.

There's also no restriction in parking bikes in the much larger section reserved for cars. I saw quite a few bikes parked in the triangles of space unusable by cars between the perpendicular, peninsular curbs (kerbs, for those of a certain English style) and the angled, painted, parking-lane stripes.

I did luck out with good weather on my return, and not have to face securing my baggage onto the bike in a pouring rain. But just in case, next time I plan to carry a large umbrella on the flight, and if necessary motor it to an overhang at the terminal for the tying-down process.

post-202755-0-50581200-1445132725_thumb.

Edited by Bruce404