Where do I buy a commercial type lawnmower

I have got the family to level most of the land in the orchards and we are working on getting all the irrigation underground. Mowing with a petrol weed eater is a time consuming job foe someone & we don't want to spray weeds & grass all the time. Where do I fingd a reasonably pticed commercial lawnmower (Not a ride-on at this stage.) Something with a 21-26" cut and a 4 stroke engine that also powers the rear wheels. Must have pneumatic tyres. What should I look at having to pay? We are in Chonburi province. What is the best online "ebay" type market for this type of item English speakers in Thailand?

Homepro has them for 200k baht from some unknown brand.

Those sit on mowers are rare in Thailand and very expensive. Somebody should build them from a cheap scooter motorbike and a petrol lawnmower mounted on it. The scooter will cost 40000 new (used much cheaper) and the mower also 7000 baht and then everything can be Honda.

For a bigger model one can use a stronger motorbike or even a small car or tuktuk.

Sadly I have been looking for a good push mower myself. They are hard to find in the Pattaya area for anything build well. Even if it has a decent honda motor the deck under it is poor quality junk

I have also been looking for a decent mower to cut our mango grove.

The only thing I have found and own one, is the usually red push rotary type, driven by a Honda 4 stroke engine, sold in major stores like Home Pro, Global House and the decent hardware stores. I changed the wheels to wide penumatic tyres. Does the job as long as the grasses are not too high. To high and they wrap themselves around the blade and the shaft it is mounted on, and have to be cleared away.

If you mow on a regular basis, the weeds soon become more grass like and the grasses seem to keep the weed growth down.

I recently bought a mower for the house lawns. Brand Asgatec and has a 6 hp motor, Plenty of power and does a good job. The company Asgatec also sell a 7hp model cutting width 56cm and has a side chute or catcher.Would have the grunt but I doubt the life of the body, mowing in an orchard. Check their web site. They are in Phuket.

If you are near a Golf Club go and talk with the Green keeping staff, they must use something like you want.

Keep us posted.

BAYBOY.

Sadly I have been looking for a good push mower myself. They are hard to find in the Pattaya area for anything build well. Even if it has a decent honda motor the deck under it is poor quality junk

BKK, across the street from the big building that looks like an

elephant, about 1K E. from Robertson's Lat Phro

0-29396363-65

rice555

grass catcher is the 3rd item

post-37242-0-83050800-1408975557_thumb.j

Hello All, if you are just cutting weeds/tall grass, maybe one of these?

Have a solid tier, no flats! The owner of the house we rent machine.

For other machines like this, try the adds in one of the oversized Thai

Ag magazines where you find chippers and rototillers Adds every month.

rice555

post-37242-0-85627700-1408976507_thumb.j

post-37242-0-16576000-1408976539_thumb.j

You did not mention how many rai you have so i persume you have a few rai .Just an alternative view but instead of buying a push or self drive mower invest in a small (diesel) tractor such as Kubota with a PTO driven slasher or frail mower. What you invest on the machinery would be offset by lower operating costs over the life of the machine . longer operating life, and higher resale value , plus being able to use the tractor for other farm duties such as tillage , towing a trailer etc. In the end, you need to do the arithmetic though.

I have never seen one of those but Makita is my favorit brand for any powertool, perfect quality. In BKK is a huge makita office so maybe they can order one.

Too bad that Honda makes cheap quality these days, that's also for their new scooters like a Scoopy which is built to last only 3 years as my dealer told me.

Myself i 'm looking for a small radiocontrolled lawnmower but i can't find it, they only sell the robomowers now which are to expensive.

post-190589-0-53536200-1409012820_thumb.

Time for some clarification. I am only interested in a self-propelled (but not ride-on) Rotary lawn mower, but with a greater than 20" cut if possible. 21-26" preferably. We have 12 rai in fruit orchard. A ride on is too big & too expensive. It would have to be a 4 stroke petrol motor. (No electric or 2 stroke) Makita make several models of Self Propelled mowers but all at 18.5" cut it seems. I will have to investigate them but really want bigger if anyone knows of one new or second hand. Makita also does an 85cm-cut ride-on but I think not in thailand. Probably outside my budget too.

Stick with HONDA....only buy the one that has the cast Aluminum Deck....costs are around 23000Baht. Worth every cent, self propelled.

If ever you want a good ride on, let me know...I build heavy duty ones as a hobby.

Honda HRJ 216. That's as good as it gets here.

You will find information including spec on the Honda Power Products Thailand website. The website has a search facility for dealers by province.

Sell propelled, 21 inch cut, 4 stroke aluminium deck. Tyres are not pneumatic.

There is no way I would want to do twelve rai with it though. Even though the Honda is a high quality product with that area to work you will be munching through blades, wheel bearings and wheels as well as fuel.

For our garden of around two rai we use a Honda mower which gives an excellent cut.

For larger areas including an orchard where the quality of the cut is less important we use a Kubota tractor with a PTO driven slasher/brush hog/topper (slasher is what the Thais call it). Not a cheap option but the costs are offset by the fact that we do some contract work with it at THB 700 per rai.

Have any of you fellas looked at the "Tow Behind Mowers"?

Sound like after reading some comments on this topic, this is probably the way to go....DO NOT buy the chinese ones though, they will last less than a year and you cant buy spare parts...

They arent that hard to make yourself and you can tow behind anything (Motorbike, ATV, ...the family ute etc). I have one half built here and the cost so far is minimal...A 14HP Honda to fit costs around 15000baht....These will cut small saplings if need be.

Think about this type before you buy anything....need more info? PM me

Honda HRJ 216. That's as good as it gets here.

You will find information including spec on the Honda Power Products Thailand website. The website has a search facility for dealers by province.

Sell propelled, 21 inch cut, 4 stroke aluminium deck. Tyres are not pneumatic.

There is no way I would want to do twelve rai with it though. Even though the Honda is a high quality product with that area to work you will be munching through blades, wheel bearings and wheels as well as fuel.

For our garden of around two rai we use a Honda mower which gives an excellent cut.

For larger areas including an orchard where the quality of the cut is less important we use a Kubota tractor with a PTO driven slasher/brush hog/topper (slasher is what the Thais call it). Not a cheap option but the costs are offset by the fact that we do some contract work with it at THB 700 per rai.

Imagine that slasher with it's own motor mounted and with 4 wheels.....Thats the best I have found here in Thailand...Theres a Thai product on the market, that can be converted cheaply to make one of these yourself....The product here costs around 7000baht.

Rgds

weegee

• 5 months later...

john deere make a(finish) mower that runs off pto it comes in various widths and has 3 rotary blades powered via v belt. i used a 5 foot behind a little jd 20+ hp utility tractor and it worked a treat. any tractor with 3 point and pto could handle it. cost was less than 1000 us dollar and you could set mowing height from manicure lawn to rough 6 inch for a golf course.i could mow about 2 to 3 acres an hour. if you have a small tractor and just need a mower the jd dealers may be a place to start a search. the mower i mention was pertty bullet proff, the belt was replaced on a yearly bases while keeping about 25 acres mowed down for 6 to 7 months a year around a fishing pond and rec area for weekend family get togethers, etc.

I've seen ride on Troy Bilt Lawn Mowers built in Jackson, Michigan by Briggs & Stratton in the Buriram Builders Merchants across from the Buriram Provincial Electricity Office Building and sold for 24,000 baht less than the same model is listed on line at Home Pro. Much more affordable for a home owner is the Briggs & Stratton powered self propelled Raptor lawn mower that does not come stock with pneumatic tires. However that family owned builders merchants has at least ten full time repair staff who assemble and repair lawn mowers and grass cutters for all sorts of customers including the Buriram International Circuit race track and the Buriram iMobile stadium. The shop also stocks and installs lawn mower blades and lawn mower tires for many brands. The 10,500 baht self propelled lawn mower might not meet the needs of the OP who is looking for a commercial lawn mower.

I was told in English by the owner Mr. Pichai that he will have Briggs & Stratton, Honda, Makita, Kanto and Jupiter staff at his Buriram Home Expo starting next Friday who speak some English and primarily Thai. He said that much more robust grass mowers than a Bosch lawn mower would be on display and available to test drive. He did mention free pizza on all five days from Roma Pizza restaurant would be served at the rear of his store in Buriram past the Netafim irrigation display. The Buriram John Deere dealership did seem aware of the John Deere Golf Course grass mowers sold at pick up truck prices. The PPK 2000 devices look like they might be worth serious consideration for the OP.

post-20604-0-08020800-1423376202_thumb.j

post-20604-0-43553400-1423376311_thumb.j

post-20604-0-68538100-1423376387_thumb.j

post-20604-0-19482100-1423376877_thumb.j

• 11 months later...

Hi Weegee,

In one of your replies you sais 'If ever you want a good ride on, let me know...I build heavy duty ones as a hobby'. I am interested. Please get in touch if you are serious

Monte-D

monte01,... I have tried to send you 2 messages without success....

Maybe better you send me one, as yours wont accept messages....Or contact admin on here and fix the problem.

Rgds

weegee

• 2 weeks later...

In Buriram Thailand the Honda HRJ216K2 seems to be popular with expat home owners who have a larger lawn than my current home. The fit an finish of the Honda self propelled lawn mower and ease of starting seemed to be superior to lawn mower brands I had never hear of previously in Thailand. I did not see any sort of display, nor any stock of Honda lawn mowers or Honda inverter generators at the Buriram or Surin Homepro, Thaiwatsadu or Global House store. I did see a Honda self walking lawn mower in two family owned shops in downtown Buriram and on Highway 2074 at a larger Buriram Builders merchants store.

post-20604-0-05614800-1454255669_thumb.j

post-20604-0-55768300-1454256557_thumb.j

here are some others

high wheel mower:
http://www.jakraval.net/Viewproduct1.aspx
Feb 2016 55cm cutting width (blade) no reverse gear
price model 592: ฿47,000 price model 594: ฿55,000
Other models discontinued
----------------------
looks good but did not enquire: รถตัดหญ้าแบบรถเข็น
--------------------
make your own:
หัวตัดหญ้าติดหน้ารถไถ รุ่นเฟืองตัวหนอน
อุปกรณ์ตัดหญ้าทางการเกษตร
รวมอะไหล่รถตัดหญ้ารถเข็น
rotary mower drive unit - pictured below the 4 pumps:
http://www.phoapiangkasetjakkol.com
-----------------
mowers 2nd hand, mostly imported from Japan:
http://www.truck.in.th/category.php?type=agi&littletype=%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%96%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%8D%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B2

sorry - the Thai language website links did not transfer onto the post as links…

just cut and paste each Thai language line onto a new tab or onto Google to see other mower websites.

Google Translate, Google Chrome, Thai friend, gf, or wife works good for translation = you do not have to pay 6 figure falang prices for a decent mower or tiller

• 6 months later...
On 8/26/2014 at 7:28 AM, namdocmai said:

I have never seen one of those but Makita is my favorit brand for any powertool, perfect quality. In BKK is a huge makita office so maybe they can order one.

Too bad that Honda makes cheap quality these days, that's also for their new scooters like a Scoopy which is built to last only 3 years as my dealer told me.

Myself i 'm looking for a small radiocontrolled lawnmower but i can't find it, they only sell the robomowers now which are to expensive.

makita lawnmower.jpg

Nonsense, my Scoopy is 5 years old and as good as new

Archived