Just found out my Education Visa is VOID! What can I do?

I had a Non ed visa from TLS in Silom and called them yesterday to claim my papers as I would have to report to immigration on Tuesday. They just called back and informed me that I should given them my passport after returning from Laos to complete the process as it was my second year of getting this visa. They didn't tell me this and are offering no help! What are my options?

When does your permit to stay end?

It sounds like the problem is partly yours for not contacting them earlier about your paperwork.

It has been reported it can take several weeks to get the paperwork from the MOE to get an extension now.

Your only option may be to go out for tourist visa to give them time to sort out your paperwork.

I had a Non ed visa from TLS in Silom

No idea what TLS in Silom is, but they don't issue visas. Visas are issued by Thai embassies or consulates outside of Thailand. Something tells me, whether you have a multi entry visa or an extension of stay, you haven't been reporting to immigrations or doing a border run every 90 days either if you are this clueless.

If you have been in possession of your passport, your permission to stay should be there for you to see. You really need to take responsibility for yourself rather than assuming mommy & daddy or some service is going to do it for you.

• Like 2

When doing your 90 day show at immigration on an ED visa do you have show a letter from tje school saying u are really in study? Or have i missed something?

You have to show the letter and more paperwork, all provided by the school.

my understanding is that OP got the initial visa from Laos and try to get the first 90day extension.

But school can not give because one part of the processing was missing.

Normal Procedure : after you sign up and have paid the fee you will
get, within 1 month, the documents for a Non ED application in Laos.

After your return from Laos you have to , within one month,

present Passport with Visa to School to complete the process at MOE.

from the webpage of school, under point 7 they request that passport is given to them upon your return from Embassy.

I guess in OP case that was not done.

It does not help to start to blame, each party has made mistake.

Looks like that OP has to reapply for the Non ED Visa.

① Please contact us by e-mail or phone 

② Send e-mail regards the course details back to you  
We will send details about the ED VISA.

After that we request you to transfer the tuition fee to our school bank account.

③ Fill in the Applications
We will send you the application documents.
Once you have completed them, please e-mail them back to us.

④ Apply to the Ministry of Education
When we receive your documents, we will send them to the Ministry of Education of Thailand.

⑤ Send the Certificate of Admission to you
We send you the document after we have received them from the Ministry of Education.

⑥ You need to go the Royal Thai Embassy by yourself
When you receive the letter from us, you have to go the the Royal Thai Embassy, where you will be issued a one year non-immigrant ED visa.
(If you are in Thailand you need to go outside Thailand to one of the Royal Thai embassy )

⑦ Start lesson at our school
After you arrive in Thailand, please bring us your passport as soon as possible.
You can stay in Thailand approximately 1 year , but you need to go to the immigrations
office for the extensions every 90 days after entering in Thailand.
  • Like 1

I had a Non ed visa from TLS in Silom

No idea what TLS in Silom is, but they don't issue visas. Visas are issued by Thai embassies or consulates outside of Thailand. Something tells me, whether you have a multi entry visa or an extension of stay, you haven't been reporting to immigrations or doing a border run every 90 days either if you are this clueless.

If you have been in possession of your passport, your permission to stay should be there for you to see. You really need to take responsibility for yourself rather than assuming mommy & daddy or some service is going to do it for you.

What an *. All kinds of people get caught up and confused in the vaguries of the system.

• Like 1