Swede, Filipino arrested in Chiang Mai with 500 fake ATM cards

webfact

I have seen the "Swede" in my soi in Sathorn, BKK talking to an acquaintance of mine, before. Not a Swede at all! Iranian, I think. very scaly person with shifty eyes...

Wow that's a brake for him then, he escapes the Thai-Visa Death squad penalty as there is no unemployment payment back in Iran.........

***But a scaly person with shifty eyes......maybe we can add on a few more years for that..............................coffee1.gif

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

Thief’s always think they are smarter than everyone else, obviously a very stupid pair hope they enjoy and pleasure the new company they will get in a Thai prison for many years to come.

And hopefully Thailand has not a prisoner exchange policy with Sweden so the stupid one serves his time in Thailand prison not Sweden

Whatever happens, don't let the "Do-Gooders" con Thailand into deporting them.

They deserve 20 years in a THAI Prison, a good dose of the Rattan Cane (as used in Singapore) and then AFTER 20 Years in jail HERE, deport them.

We need to make a statement to the WORLD to show that Thailand will NOT Tolerate these scumbags.

I abhor theives and unless its to prevent starvation, nobody has the right to take something that belongs to someone else, without providing compensation.

That being said, Robbing banks is a victimless 'crime'... So let me see if I understand this correctly.

Banks engage in the use of fractional reserve lending practices. They dont lend their customers' money nor do they lend their own. All money comes into existence

via a loan and thus is an instrument of debt. They never create the interest for the money they lend, nor do they even print any new money. (think monopoly).. Its simply figures on a screen whereby the

bank monetizes the loan agreements, adds whatever numbers to your bank account with a few keystrokes, and booooyaaaa... you have money in the bank... At no stage has the bank

offered up any 'consideration', or anything of value...A contract also requires 'certainty' which cant exist on variable interest loans... another element of the scam.

They have essentially risked nothing.... and on top of this they charge interest on the money they created (usury) out of thin air, that's not backed by anything of substance or value and have the audacity to cry about it

when someone fleeces them of their non-existent fiat currency...A classic case of the scammer getting scammed... or rather taking back from the rich, what they stole from the poor..

sounds like Robin Hood to me....

So these guys have essentially managed to take back some of the banks ill-gotten gains and spend it back into the economy....something that banks do NOT do... (the billions in profits they have acquired through deception never sees the light of day)...

Do people realize how much better the world would be, not to mention individual situations if everyone stopped paying back phony credit card 'debts' and fraudulent mortgages, tomorrow??.

Majority of our societal concerns would be quickly resolved...

The bankers will get all they deserve in the days ahead....

If they have been skimming Thai bank card details then they will be in big trouble.

Most people caught here using fake ATM cards are using card details skimmed in the west and then used here because of the low security on 95% of Thai ATM's, they don't spend too long in a Thai prison because there are no victims in Thailand and the cardholders are usually reimbursed by the western banks anyway.

Skimming Thai cards and then withdrawing the money here is stupidity on an epic scale.

It looks like these guys are independent from the more organized gangs that often use eastern europeans to do the withdrawals.

I was just issued a new ATM by Bangkok Bank, my old ATM broke in half. It's different in that it has a chip embedded into it and the bank stated: It can only be used in Bangkok Bank ATM's. Is this ATM card a new generation and less vulnerable to the scams noted in this article?

At least the Banks say so. wink.png

Correct if I'm wrong but these must be all magnetic strip Bank card frauds. I changed from magnetic strip Bank card to a Chip and Pin technology card. I think

these must be safer but maybe still have some risk. I wasn't sure about that.

Can these chip and pin technology cards also be skimmed or do perpetrators actually have to have possession of the card itself?

Swedish national Per Johan Robin Bentley

"You can't arrest me, I am the Bentley heir! Chalerm drives our car!...ooops, shouldn't have said that..."

But he is Swedish, not German ...

Ooops Wasn't Bentley British? Got together with Rolls Royce and developed the Rolls Bentley

I abhor theives and unless its to prevent starvation, nobody has the right to take something that belongs to someone else, without providing compensation.

That being said, Robbing banks is a victimless 'crime'... So let me see if I understand this correctly.

Banks engage in the use of fractional reserve lending practices. They dont lend their customers' money nor do they lend their own. All money comes into existence

via a loan and thus is an instrument of debt. They never create the interest for the money they lend, nor do they even print any new money. (think monopoly).. Its simply figures on a screen whereby the

bank monetizes the loan agreements, adds whatever numbers to your bank account with a few keystrokes, and booooyaaaa... you have money in the bank... At no stage has the bank

offered up any 'consideration', or anything of value...A contract also requires 'certainty' which cant exist on variable interest loans... another element of the scam.

They have essentially risked nothing.... and on top of this they charge interest on the money they created (usury) out of thin air, that's not backed by anything of substance or value and have the audacity to cry about it

when someone fleeces them of their non-existent fiat currency...A classic case of the scammer getting scammed... or rather taking back from the rich, what they stole from the poor..

So these guys have essentially managed to take back some of the banks ill-gotten gains and spend it back into the economy....something that banks do NOT do... (the billions in profits they have acquired through deception never sees the light of day)...

Do people realize how much better the world would be, not to mention individual situations if everyone stopped paying back phony credit card 'debts' and fraudulent mortgages, tomorrow??.

"They dont lend their customers' money...." of course they do, customers' money, especially investments are lent out in the form of overdrafts and loans.

"They have essentially risked nothing..." there is always a risk with every loan or overdraft.

"The bankers will get all they deserve in the days ahead..." Bankers/staff ? or Bankers/the bank (company) controlled by directors?

I have seen the "Swede" in my soi in Sathorn, BKK talking to an acquaintance of mine, before. Not a Swede at all! Iranian, I think. very scaly person with shifty eyes...

The ShIFty eye are a dead give-away...................lol.

Just like all thse shIftY eye-ed thai girls...................................lol.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"They dont lend their customers' money...." of course they do, customers' money, especially investments are lent out in the form of overdrafts and loans.

"They have essentially risked nothing..." there is always a risk with every loan or overdraft.

"The bankers will get all they deserve in the days ahead..." Bankers/staff ? or Bankers/the bank (company) controlled by directors?

You have completely missed the point.. your assertions are based on a false understanding about modern monetary mechanics....which clearly you know nothing about..

if were aware of the concept of fractional reserve lending you would know already that the banking system is nothing more than a ponzi scheme, the best ever created.

If i was to create money out of thin air and give it away.. .what have i lost exactly??? thats right! NOTHING..... now what if i charged interest on top of the principal?? i would be doing quite well wouldnt I??

so explain to me again how banks are truly risking a loss, when their rules allow them to write loans to 90% of the value of their deposits.?

Banks are not allowed to lend their deposits or their own money... this is not how the banking system operates...

Do you honestly believe that an overdraft places a bank at risk?

When you take out a loan, no money changes hands, nor is it transferred from one place to another, nor is it printed in a mint..

The money exists electronically and comes into existence via a signature on a document (so much for full disclosure).

I suggest you do some more research (read 'modern monetary mechanics' for a start)

http://lisgi1.engr.ccny.cuny.edu/~makse/Modern_Money_Mechanics.pdf

Never heard about the swedish surname Bentley before. But his first names are swedish.

My guess is that he changed his name after being immigrated from Iran or somewhere like that .

Since they were causing a lot of hardship and pain to folks of all walks of life, I'd suggest to have them clean the streets of Thailand for the rest of their lifes without pay from dusk till dawn and night time dorm at Bkk Hilton wearing (24/7) a Tee saying "I might have skimmed your bank account!"

Sounds like a fair and humanitarian punishment, doesn't it?

Edited by catweazle

I am a swede, and I´m ashamed to read this and see this guy´s picture. put him in jail for a looooong time, and give him a hard time in there. have been working hard my whole life to get retired early and this guy and his "friends" will without a second thought steal my/yours money. SCUM !!!

I am a swede, and I´m ashamed to read this and see this guy´s picture. put him in jail for a looooong time, and give him a hard time in there. have been working hard my whole life to get retired early and this guy and his "friends" will without a second thought steal my/yours money. SCUM !!!

this isn't about you or Sweden, or your shame.

Edited by nithisa78

Thailand better make a strong example of these two nits after they "extract" all the info from them on who else they are involved with.

Not much to "extract" from these guys. It's an internet styled two layer business.

(1) a guy rocures some hardware off the web andvspecialuzes in skimming cards and pin code. He offers this merchandise on a webshop on the dark internet.

(2) guys as above procure the hardware required to make fake atm cards, actually very easy as magnet strip cards and write/read machines are readily available for many puposes. These guys buy card numbers with pin code by a lot of hundreds on the web and try to turn this into profit for themselves.

All anonymous and paid thru anonymous internet money like bitcoins.

Edited by RTH10260

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

this isn't about you or Sweden, or your shame.

He is just commenting about the crime. Why have a go at the Swede for making a comment about a fellow countryman. You obviously live a very sad sad life you poor person.

Never heard about the swedish surname Bentley before. But his first names are swedish.

My guess is that he changed his name after being immigrated from Iran or somewhere like that .

Born and raised in sweden, I actually grew up with him and used to hang at his house and play diablo 2.

We did a lot of LAN parties together, it's kinda sad to see what road he choose to go, but the signs were there in the start tbh.

He called me a few years back asking if I could drive some guns from gothenburg to malmö.

• Like 1