China welcomes 'old friend' Robert Mugabe with a 21-gun salute

webfact

I heard a true story on US's NPR (national public radio, about 7 months ago) about a Chinese man who moved to Zimbabwe. He wanted to take over an entire valley. He started buying (swindling?) parcels cheap from locals. Later, when he amassed large holdings, the government took notice and told him he had to have the property in a Zimbabwean name (sound familiar, Thai expats?). I can't recall all the details, but for some reason he wanted to keep it in his bloodline and, although he was married to one or more Z' women, he couldn't make babies (had his tubes tied?). He had a 13 yr old son from a previous Chinese wife, so he tried desperately to get his son to mate (make a baby) with one of his African wives. Last time we checked, the boy didn't want to do the nasty with any of the older women.

Hahahaha funny story and sounds like the man is in a real fix ...

Almost too true when you see the many similar handsum man stuck with a bar in Thailand and a wife he does not want anymore :) and the many relatives that come along with it

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reckon we can close this thread then.

Mugabe and Xi Jinping are both dodgy. Their wives and associates are accomplices.

I wouldn't pi** on them if they were on fire.

Must be the luck of the draw that all other politicians are righteous and just in their hearts except for these 2

The folly of the naive is so amusing innocent ....hahahah smile.png

Dictatorship is wrong - it is an ancient idea and form of government which China hasn't ever outgrown, overcome, surpassed. Chinese elites fully believe in dictatorship, that the ordinary mass of the people are of insufficient intelligence to govern or to make their own decisions for themselves in their own lives. Dictators haunt and menace us as zombies from the past.

Which brings us to another ancient and zombie practice, censorship. Known also as shoot the messenger, censorship is another Chinese wrong. Censorship and mind control in the modern world are evil as we saw with Nazi Germany and the former USSR, each of which the CCP Boyz in Beijing study closely to identify their major mistakes in order to try to avoid them. Democracies have minimal censorship and the burden of proof is always on those who try to censor (total war being an exception).

Chinese leaders in government, business and virtually everything else are inherently corrupt. They are massively corrupt. Chinese leaders always have been corrupt. They choose to be corrupt, without limit. They do nothing to correct this cancer that destroys the society, trust in government, confidence in the civilization.

Chinese leaders never have had the rule of law. The rule of law over men in China is an alien notion. Instead there is the elite's rule over the law. The rule of the one party state instead of the rule of law. Family based and competing mafias formal or informal determine the course of events and of people's lives, not the rule of law. This too is a zombie presence of the ruthless past imposed on the modern world.

One could fill this page with the pernicious and odious beliefs and practices of the Chinese elites over millennia and up to this moment.

It would however suffice to say Xi Jinping and his princeling CCP elites carry ancient zombie notions of life in to the modern world, that they fully intend to remake the modern and future world in their own mage, and that Robert Mugabe is exactly and precisely their kind of guy.

• Like 1

Well, the simple fact is, Mugabe and Xi Jinping are two of a kind.

Xi Jinping's vacant smile is a facade for a repressive, authoritarian and avaricious regime that is evolving about as quickly as global warming.

Mao, Deng Xiaoping pragmatism, and now with Xi Jinping, rampant materialism under Communist rule. Confusing eh?

It's about time China copied the developed world because innovation is clearly not their strong suit. A bit slow catching up.

• Like 1

Bob, Uncle Bob is 92 years of age, and he must be the worlds oldest ( Political ) leader.

How many more years does China plan on letting his wife go shopping in China, those expensive stores she was so used to, London, Paris, no need to go shopping there any more, the same chain shops are there in China.

Mugabe an old friend of China? someone should tell China,"Mugabe doesn't have friends,only victims"

Yep. Talking of friends, here is a quote from LawrenceChee:

"They are planning for resources they need ...friends would be hard to define as what does that mean in international relations ? "

Says it all for me. CCP-PRC is not social. Further elaboration available if required especially if we get a retort from Chee.

• Like 1

I heard a true story on US's NPR (national public radio, about 7 months ago) about a Chinese man who moved to Zimbabwe. He wanted to take over an entire valley. He started buying (swindling?) parcels cheap from locals. Later, when he amassed large holdings, the government took notice and told him he had to have the property in a Zimbabwean name (sound familiar, Thai expats?). I can't recall all the details, but for some reason he wanted to keep it in his bloodline and, although he was married to one or more Z' women, he couldn't make babies (had his tubes tied?). He had a 13 yr old son from a previous Chinese wife, so he tried desperately to get his son to mate (make a baby) with one of his African wives. Last time we checked, the boy didn't want to do the nasty with any of the older women.

Almost too true when you see the many similar handsum man stuck with a bar in Thailand and a wife he does not want anymore smile.png and the many relatives that come along with it

Maybe the African women involved might prefer someone more gifted than the son might be.

It could seem no one is considering that aspect or possibility.....

.......Just sayin.....

Almost too true when you see the many similar handsum man stuck with a bar in Thailand and a wife he does not want anymore and the many relatives that come along with it

Maybe the African women involved might prefer someone more gifted than the son might be.

It could seem no one is considering that aspect or possibility.....

.......Just sayin.....

Maybe the boy has a certain Asian attitude about dark skinned people.

Mugabe an old friend of China? someone should tell China,"Mugabe doesn't have friends,only victims"

Yep. Talking of friends, here is a quote from LawrenceChee:

"They are planning for resources they need ...friends would be hard to define as what does that mean in international relations ? "

Says it all for me. CCP-PRC is not social. Further elaboration available if required especially if we get a retort from Chee.

These views are shallow and not reflective of the complexity of international governance ...

I would say the Chinese leaders at least are consistent...they are firm, they are communists, they want capitalism at a controlled pace and they are unwilling to bow to the western ideals of governance

So say what you want...it's much better seeing a grim unsocial president that is traveling the world sealing trade deals for me compared to an undecided one that is going back and forth on his decisions

Only thing he seems sure of is how important golfing is and playing basketball is not his forte

That for me is weak leadership but he has only 4 years to put on a show before it starts another ....

Mugabe and Xi Jinping are both dodgy. Their wives and associates are accomplices.

Must be the luck of the draw that all other politicians are righteous and just in their hearts except for these 2

Dictatorship is wrong - it is an ancient idea and form of government which China hasn't ever outgrown, overcome, surpassed. Chinese elites fully believe in dictatorship, that the ordinary mass of the people are of insufficient intelligence to govern or to make their own decisions for themselves in their own lives. Dictators haunt and menace us as zombies from the past.

Which brings us to another ancient and zombie practice, censorship. Known also as shoot the messenger, censorship is another Chinese wrong. Censorship and mind control in the modern world are evil as we saw with Nazi Germany and the former USSR, each of which the CCP Boyz in Beijing study closely to identify their major mistakes in order to try to avoid them. Democracies have minimal censorship and the burden of proof is always on those who try to censor (total war being an exception).

Chinese leaders in government, business and virtually everything else are inherently corrupt. They are massively corrupt. Chinese leaders always have been corrupt. They choose to be corrupt, without limit. They do nothing to correct this cancer that destroys the society, trust in government, confidence in the civilization.

Chinese leaders never have had the rule of law. The rule of law over men in China is an alien notion. Instead there is the elite's rule over the law. The rule of the one party state instead of the rule of law. Family based and competing mafias formal or informal determine the course of events and of people's lives, not the rule of law. This too is a zombie presence of the ruthless past imposed on the modern world.

One could fill this page with the pernicious and odious beliefs and practices of the Chinese elites over millennia and up to this moment.

It would however suffice to say Xi Jinping and his princeling CCP elites carry ancient zombie notions of life in to the modern world, that they fully intend to remake the modern and future world in their own mage, and that Robert Mugabe is exactly and precisely their kind of guy.

China is not the only Asian country where there is an elitist society ...in the west there is also a acute sense of clubs and elite society ...

there are some perhaps in this forum that may naively believe everything is fair and equal in the west but in my business dealings in east and west I have seen more similarities than differences ...the rich belongs to a club above themselves and they seal deals among themselves routinely although they mask it well with an anti trust commission that is toothless

Put it this way ...when the richest folks are discussing their business in an exclusive club where a club sandwich is more $100 before tips and Grats ...I can't see many "investigators" being given such an expense account to shadow these deals and see if they are all legit

Chinese is a communist state and comparing that with a western ideals of bashing everything in a public forum to gain votes and public opinion before making a decision may be acceptable in western ideals but it may not mean it is right or the only way

If that is the only way ...I guess the last 30 years of massive infrastructure building in china would have stopped at the first road block.

These views are shallow and not reflective of the complexity of international governance ...

I would say the Chinese leaders at least are consistent...they are firm, they are communists, they want capitalism at a controlled pace and they are unwilling to bow to the western ideals of governance

So say what you want...it's much better seeing a grim unsocial president that is traveling the world sealing trade deals for me compared to an undecided one that is going back and forth on his decisions

Only thing he seems sure of is how important golfing is and playing basketball is not his forte

That for me is weak leadership but he has only 4 years to put on a show before it starts another ....

What seem to say you are preferring is ignorance. Is the press in China free to print what the leaders are doing? Who they are having sex with? How much they are drinking or partying? And do you actually know how many times the Chinese leadership goes back and forth on its decision?

It's a nice deflection, but this thread is actually about China welcoming Mugabe. It's not about the US President playing golf.

China is not the only Asian country where there is an elitist society ...in the west there is also a acute sense of clubs and elite society ...

there are some perhaps in this forum that may naively believe everything is fair and equal in the west but in my business dealings in east and west I have seen more similarities than differences ...the rich belongs to a club above themselves and they seal deals among themselves routinely although they mask it well with an anti trust commission that is toothless

Put it this way ...when the richest folks are discussing their business in an exclusive club where a club sandwich is more $100 before tips and Grats ...I can't see many "investigators" being given such an expense account to shadow these deals and see if they are all legit

Chinese is a communist state and comparing that with a western ideals of bashing everything in a public forum to gain votes and public opinion before making a decision may be acceptable in western ideals but it may not mean it is right or the only way

If that is the only way ...I guess the last 30 years of massive infrastructure building in china would have stopped at the first road block.

Again, deflection. I don't think this is about how elitist any society is. Hanging around with Mugabe is not really hob-knobbing with the elite!

What seem to say you are preferring is ignorance. Is the press in China free to print what the leaders are doing? Who they are having sex with? How much they are drinking or partying? And do you actually know how many times the Chinese leadership goes back and forth on its decision?

It's a nice deflection, but this thread is actually about China welcoming Mugabe. It's not about the US President playing golf.

So the definition of free press is to know the sex life's of your leaders ? Wow that's a real deflection :)

I have no interest to know who he is bonking or partying ...the culture of Asians defy such openness and it's not common at all to know any personal details about your boss in Asian culture.

I am sorry the west disagrees with that and think that's free press....Hong Kong in some ways is a great example of whoring itself to western values ...so now that we know how many woman Edison Chen had sex with and many lives damaged how does that kind of free press help in anything besides satisfying the gossip mongers ?

Every society has elites yet China has dictatorship over its entire population, a censoring punishing dictatorship. The PRChinese are indoctrinated that only the communist party can rule over China which may very well be true, so that is extremely bad news about China to the rest of the world and for the world as a whole. The CCP is the one and only right, correct and true vehicle and way.

The CCP Boyz in Beijing behind their high walls of Zhong Nan Hai aren't simply trying to play up to Mugabe, the CCP Boyz think Mugabe is a real and true leader, which is to say he charges forward swinging his machete not caring who or what is in his way as long as he gets his way. Decisive!

The CCP Boyz and Mugabe are zero-sum, win-lose, my way or die sooner by the sword or later in a rathole in a gulag. China as the sincere and innocent trade partner hoax didn't get far in this thread, did it.

Xi Jinping's high profile "anti-corruption" campaign is tightly targeting his liberal political opponents.in the CCP, his liberal opponents in the government, the provinces, the localities. No Chinese leader has ever faithfully initiated and conducted a campaign against the inherent, endemic, eternal corruption that corrupts China from its core. Families of mafia rather than the rule of law.

The ruthless dictator Robert Mugabe is China's man for all seasons, the model leader they seek in all parts of the world for everyone.

Yep.

If China wants Capitalism at a controlled pace they might be better off with a democratically elected government rather than the dogmatic obstinacy of the CCP.

Capitalism is not the Communist Party's strong suit. They have fought vigorously against it for decades. facepalm.gif

It seems like a contradiction in terms to me.

There is no control in China when it comes to a mentality of rampant materialism. In fact it is totally out of control.

More so than any other place in the World that I have ever been to.

Reckon that's why Xi Jinping is smiling sweetly in Africa. There's money in it.

Yep.

If China wants Capitalism at a controlled pace they might be better off with a democratically elected government rather than the dogmatic obstinacy of the CCP.

Capitalism is not the Communist Party's strong suit. They have fought vigorously against it for decades. facepalm.gif

It seems like a contradiction in terms to me.

There is no control in China when it comes to a mentality of rampant materialism. In fact it is totally out of control.

More so than any other place in the World that I have ever been to.

Reckon that's why Xi Jinping is smiling sweetly in Africa. There's money in it.

Nah ...for uncontrolled capitalism, materialism, pretense of money and lack of credit controls ..USA is the undisputed No 1 in the world. Can't see anyone beating that in the near future.

As for the continued insistence that only a democratically elected country will ever work ...I like to remind the west of their insistence in ideals in Syria, Iraq , Afghanistan probably soon Ukraine ...the ability to vote now is rather lost in their current state. In some places I guess the cultural and historical aspects of it is they don't seem to support that.

China is one of those ...giving a ticket to vote for a government is not the top priority of most Chinese who are mostly cynical of an elected government and the fairness of it. I guess it's folly some equate in the west the ability to choose a government as eternal happiness. Most Asians are pragmatic and practical to a point ...they will just say yes to whoever that benefits them

Not saying it's all bad ...I think the Scandinavian has got a good system there and it seems fair ...however replicating that to 1.4 billion I'm unsure if they can do the same ...the USA and British ones I am not so convinced it's fully functioning .....it seems the lords and peers is an old attempt to feebly hold on to its elitist past and they seem unwilling to let that heritage or peerage go.

You probably have a small population in china that crave for the ideals of that and believe that is the only way...but these same guys don't build railways, roads that move billions ...they just dream ...just that dreams mostly don't pay bills

Edited by LawrenceChee

Every society has elites yet China has dictatorship over its entire population, a censoring punishing dictatorship. The PRChinese are indoctrinated that only the communist party can rule over China which may very well be true, so that is extremely bad news about China to the rest of the world and for the world as a whole. The CCP is the one and only right, correct and true vehicle and way.

The CCP Boyz in Beijing behind their high walls of Zhong Nan Hai aren't simply trying to play up to Mugabe, the CCP Boyz think Mugabe is a real and true leader, which is to say he charges forward swinging his machete not caring who or what is in his way as long as he gets his way. Decisive!

The CCP Boyz and Mugabe are zero-sum, win-lose, my way or die sooner by the sword or later in a rathole in a gulag. China as the sincere and innocent trade partner hoax didn't get far in this thread, did it.

Xi Jinping's high profile "anti-corruption" campaign is tightly targeting his liberal political opponents.in the CCP, his liberal opponents in the government, the provinces, the localities. No Chinese leader has ever faithfully initiated and conducted a campaign against the inherent, endemic, eternal corruption that corrupts China from its core. Families of mafia rather than the rule of law.

The ruthless dictator Robert Mugabe is China's man for all seasons, the model leader they seek in all parts of the world for everyone.

Probably why the Chinese leadership continues to ignore some western views who think china is a chihuahua that you can manipulate and pull with a leash to do what you want with it ...seems nothing they do can ever please the west

Glad they are not listening to the populist opinions and seeking their own ...better to fail by their own mandate than be influenced by some crazy idealist standards of tests ...of being someone.

Woof, Woof.

US Dollar still the dominant World currency.

US-Japanese military capability significantly superior to China's.

Mugabe is an irritation to the Soul.

Xi Jinping and his cronies.....?

Big men.

cheesy.gif

US Currency - For now de facto trading currency ...for how long that's debatable

US - Japan technological military advantage - agreed

US politicians who are gutless for long wars and long term agreements and solutions - dilutes the above since most military actions consists of inaccurate and massive bombing with no actual strategy for land based ops or solutions ...after a few months everything goes back to square one

Japanese - I will agree those guys can fight better and with a good samurai spirit braver than most ..you seen them fight a brutal war in Asia in WWII ...respect given

Against a land population of 1.3 billion ...let's just say military wise there is very little good options

Good thing the Chinese focuses on trade more than the military ...can't say the same of USA...they are pretty penniless and still they need and want a strong military to advocate noise ...

One reason Chinese leaders are shed in a bad light currently is because Mugabe is so universally known as a mean-spirited heel. But it's also the advent of the internet, where info is so readily accessed. It's ironic that China puts out the red carpet and a 21 gun salute for the scoundrel from Zimbabwe, when Chinese are so worried about 'face'. They're losing a big chunk of face over this.

As a comparison: As an American, I have to admit Uncle Sam has had some screwy bed-fellows in their recent history. The list is long and odious: F.Marcos, Noriega, Saddam Hussein, Papa & Baby Doc, Somoza, Saudi royal family, Bin Laden, ....to name a few.

• Like 2

Nah ...for uncontrolled capitalism, materialism, pretense of money and lack of credit controls ..USA is the undisputed No 1 in the world. Can't see anyone beating that in the near future.

Although it is a tight race, given the ghost cities in the PRC (lack of credit controls) and the propensity for those connected to the Han culture to burn money at funerals to insure the deceased have funds in their imagined heaven (materialism), I have to give the nod to the Chinese.

Although it is a tight race, given the ghost cities in the PRC (lack of credit controls) and the propensity for those connected to the Han culture to burn money at funerals to insure the deceased have funds in their imagined heaven (materialism), I have to give the nod to the Chinese.

Good for those that don't understand ...

Yep. Faith rules in China. Never mind the Yuan.

Ask Xi Jinping. smile.png

Associating with Mugabe might work in reverse though.

Newton's 3rd Law of Motion, The Law of Unintended Consequences...or, on a more spiritual front, Buddhist Martial Arts "Let the power of the enemy destroy itself."

China needs to balance rampant materialism with something more worthy.

Xi Jinping and his cronies will never understand.

CCP needs to leave Tibet and the Urumqi alone.

w00t.gif

• Like 1

Can anybody please update what currency is being used to trade for goods in Zimbabwe, last im Dollar, and using other currencies.

Which currency is dominant in the shops.

Just spoke to a Zimbabwe resident working abroad, and she told Me that the currency used in Zimbabwe is the U.S. Dollar.