Palestinian President Abbas ready to seek peace pact on his own

webfact

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abbas is trying to get a political piggy back off of Hamas' struggle. In the end he will fail as the majority of Palestinians prefer Hamas to Abbas.

Do you have a survey to back that up?

I know Abbas isn't very strong but not sure you're right about your assertion about Hamas popularity.

Right now there is an active war on, and Hamas popularity will be artificially inflated as happens in wartime.

• Like 1

What I really don't get is that I don't hear from the Palestinian People. I do not believe that Hamas is the voice of the people.

If you took a poll I wonder what the people of Palestine would say . Fight with Israel or make peace. So far we have only heard from the leader and I do not think

this is the desires of the people.

Does a mother want her child in the front lines NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If you want even a flickering hope of peace in your time then get rid of the catalyst, Hamas.

After all what did you expect when you allowed them to gain power. Hamas is simply using the Palestinian people as cannon fodder for propaganda only as they have absolutely no hope of defeating Israel by military means and they know this too well.

• Like 1

Arab Palestinians have elected HAMAS. "Unchecked Israel aggression" over poor Arabs necks is the consequence of this wrong decision.

I have observed numerous complaints by Arab Palestinians about the Israeli response to HAMAS bombings.

Abbas is not HAMAS and HAMAS is not Palestinian Arabs.

Until HAMAS is finished (exterminated) any deal will be only used for regrouping and re-arming and Israelis will have to do it all over again.

The way the World chooses to view this conflict Israel should ignore their cries of "child murderers", "women killers", "invaders", "agressors".

Abbas is nothing but a figurehead and has no power base.

Deal with him and Israel will get screwed. A piece of worthless paper is not peace.

NOTE: If somebody (I expect manybodies) wants to know how many more must die - the question is not to me.

• Like 1

He should have done it ages ago.

It won't do him any good. It is just posturing. The 1995 Interim Agreement states that “Neither side shall initiate or take any step that will change the status of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip pending the outcome of the Permanent Status negotiations.” He is just jerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gif

Abbas cannot make peace, because there is no peace to be had with the Zionists.

Here is why.

The Zionists believe they have a divine right to an area of land - much bigger than they have at the moment - called Greater Judea. They are extreme fundamentalists, much like the Taliban.

First, there is no upside to peace for them, as they would only have to make compromises - and they are fanatical zealots, using Judaism as a pretext. This fanaticism is not amenable to compromise.

Second, there is no one who can currently bring the Zionists to justice. They break every law, of Judaism, of International Law, Human Rights, Geneva Convention, UN resolutions, and the current world power structure is such that even discussion of these issues is forbidden.

With this reality, why would they need make peace - it makes no sense for the Zionists.

We can therefore conclude that it really does not matter who tries to make peace, Abbas or Obama, it's not going to happen, because its diametrically opposed to the goals of Zionism

Peace will only happen if it is forced upon the Zionists, and that's probably a couple of decades away when the victims gather the means to defend themselves

You clearly don't have the first clue about the political diversity of Zionism. But I would agree there are strong forces on both sides making hope for peace anytime soon remote.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Abbas cannot make peace, because the Palestinians have refused multiple peace deals before and after 1948. You have to have two partners to make peace and there is not one on the Palestinian side.

Telling people what you think they should accept, and then telling them to "like it or lump it", is not peace.

I always thought the one with upper hand has better choices, but I guess I was wrong.

Israel should just bent over backwards because this is what Palestinians want.

Mind you Palestinians have not even once agreed to compromise , not even once.

There never was a state of Palestine and Jerusalem was never a capital of non existent country, yet Palestinians want it, so must be given.

They waged wars and lost, well too bad, give them the land back anyway.

Almost 2 million Arabs , Palestinians live in Israel and are Israeli citizens, but who cares, give them more.

• Like 2

You clearly don't have the first clue about the political diversity of Zionism. But I would agree there are strong forces on both sides making hope for peace anytime soon remote.

Their political diversity means nothing to the women and children they have murdered - what matters is what they do, not what they say

• Like 2

Abbas cannot make peace, because the Palestinians have refused multiple peace deals before and after 1948. You have to have two partners to make peace and there is not one on the Palestinian side.

Telling people what you think they should accept, and then telling them to "like it or lump it", is not peace.

I always thought the one with upper hand has better choices, but I guess I was wrong.

Israel should just bent over backwards because this is what Palestinians want.

Mind you Palestinians have not even once agreed to compromise , not even once.

There never was a state of Palestine and Jerusalem was never a capital of non existent country, yet Palestinians want it, so must be given.

They waged wars and lost, well too bad, give them the land back anyway.

Almost 2 million Arabs , Palestinians live in Israel and are Israeli citizens, but who cares, give them more.

Thank you for listing the standard Zionist bullet points. Is this what you wanted, or were you trying to make some kind of point?

• Like 2

Their political diversity means nothing to the women and children they have murdered - what matters is what they do, not what they say

When in doubt call the Jews baby killers. That always seems to work. Oh you meant Zionists not Jews right? Sure thing mate

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

When in doubt call the Jews baby killers. That always seems to work. Oh you meant Zionists not Jews right? Sure thing mate

Avoid the point, and throw a slur - that always works - right on dude!

And, yes, I mean the Zionists, not the Jews.

Here is why:

Zionism requires the expulsion of the native inhabitants of Palestine to meets its land grab goals.

Judaism does not require a land grab.

As much as you would like to paint me as anti jew, I'm not

• Like 1

Avoid the point, and throw a slur - that always works - right on dude!

And, yes, I mean the Zionists, not the Jews.

Here is why:

Zionism requires the expulsion of the native inhabitants of Palestine to meets its land grab goals.

Judaism does not require a land grab.

As much as you would like to paint me as anti jew, I'm not

So you accept the right of Israel to exist as a Jewish state or not? (Forgetting the west bank, I mean ISRAEL.)

Because if not, be clear to the vast majority of Jews in the world, that is perceived as being bigoted against Jews, not only so called Zionists.

That is different than being critical of Israeli policies. To tell Jews I don't accept your right to your own state in ISRAEL, that's personal, to in my opinion most Jews in the world.

You absurdly paint all Zionists as some kind of right wing monsters.

A total hateful lie.

You aren't interested in the fact that there are moderate Zionists and liberal Zionists.

Doesn't fit your extremist toxic agenda.

Do you happen to know that many surveys have shown that the vast majority of Jews in the world support the right of Israel to exist in the way it was founded, a homeland for the JEWISH people.

In my opinion, all of those Jews are indeed ZIONISTS to some degree.

And yet enemies of Israel in making Zionism a dirty word are in effect adding fuel to the ancient fire of making JEW a dirty word.

Zionism isn't a political movement for Zen Buddhists. It is for JEWS. You can't escape the Jewish-Zionism connection.

Understanding there is a very small minority of Jews who are actively anti-Zionist (there is always a small minority of SOMETHING!), there is still this undeniable strong connection between the Jewish people, the political movement Zionism, and the state of ISRAEL.

Getting real now, Zionism in modern times is pretty much INSEPARABLE from the state of ISRAEL.

Israel is Zionism in material terms, beyond an abstract ideology.

That doesn't of course mean all Jews in the world agree with the extremist politics of right wing Zionists, because actually MOST DO NOT.

Recently an American Jew in L.A. was driving his family to synagogue. They were identifiable JEWS.

Guess what happened?

A car you young Arabs, yes in L.A., starting screaming hate speech at them:

BABY KILLERS!

I hope your children die!

Now accept it or not, there is a direct connection to the so called "anti-Zionist" toxic rhetoric you spout out, with your lies about "Zionists" "murdering" children when it is not Israeli policy to intentionally murder children (and you probably know that, and don't care) ... and the kind of generalized antisemitism (against Jews) that is emerging globally now.

So you can claim the cover of being "anti-Zionist" and not "anti-Jewish" but I am telling you in my opinion most Jews will see red when hearing toxic rhetoric about Zionists being child murderers. They will mostly feel those expressing that inflammatory garbage are Jew haters and HIDING under the cover of so called anti-Zionism.

If that is your intention, you have succeeded.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Oh you meant Zionists not Jews right? Sure thing mate

That didn't take long. coffee1.gif

I suppose not:

Anti-Zionism is an inherently anti-Semitic doctrine. In calling for the fall of the Jewish state, anti-Zionists are engaged in a racist endeavour. Jews should feel no hesitation whatsoever in calling out those who challenge Israel’s right to exist as anti-Semites, with all the attendant implications.

Why is anti-Zionism anti-Semitic?

There are three principal reasons why anti-Zionism is inherently anti-Semitic.

Firstly, anti-Zionism is the position that the Jewish people should be dispossessed, against their will, of a fundamental right that they currently enjoy: namely, the right of self-determination. Whatever one believes about whether the Jewish people had a moral right to self-determine in 1948, this right is now a fact of international law, which states that “all peoples have the right freely to [self-]determine” , recognises that the Jewish people constitute a people and, although the law does not require self-determination to be manifested through political independence (of which more anon), accepts that the creation of the State of Israel was the valid manifestation of this right.

http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/the-trouble-with-anti-zionism/

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

It's a canny move by Abbas - to go try and get a quorum of votes from reps of other countries. It will work to some degree, because many countries are sympathetic to an underdog. It's understandable in that context. However, for any real changes in things like boundary lines, it won't change anything. Israel has been and continues to be the stronger military force, and such force has determined possession in that region since before Pharoes existed.

There is no Justice, there is only Might.

Might did not do any good for the 5 huge Arab armies that attacked the tiny new nation of Israel in 1948. There was justice when Israel beat them badly with inferior arms and many less troops and did the same thing several times afterwards. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Thank you for listing the standard Zionist bullet points. Is this what you wanted, or were you trying to make some kind of point?

Its called common sense and logical approach, no different to any business or merger.

Only a fool will insist that a bigger and stronger opponent will bend over backwards.

You are right on your last sentence - and therein lies the reason for the injustice that characterizes the Zionist position.

The Zionists, as the bigger and stronger party, have no need to listen to anyone and will execute its own agenda without a moment of hesitation.

There is no Justice, there is only Might.

Welcome to planet earth and 21 century.

Your ideals are a fantasy.

Reality is it WAS Arabs who waged 3 wars and lost.

If they have not, they would not be in current predicament .

Naturally you chose to blame and bash Israel , not all are as blind and unrealistic

Edited by konying