Fruity

Luna

I miss rambutans so much! Tesco sell them very rarely and when you do see them in the UK, they are always shrivelled and uninviting! And they only get sold in packs of 4!

How nice it is to go to a market in Thailand and get really fresh ones! I would just fly out there everytime I wanted one, but thats going a bit too far, I think I like them as much as I like chocolate!

Anyone know of anywhere in the UK where they look as fresh as they do in Thailand?

I miss rambutans so much! Tesco sell them very rarely and when you do see them in the UK, they are always shrivelled and uninviting! And they only get sold in packs of 4!

How nice it is to go to a market in Thailand and get really fresh ones! I would just fly out there everytime I wanted one, but thats going a bit too far, I think I like them as much as I like chocolate!

Anyone know of anywhere in the UK where they look as fresh as they do in Thailand?

Which Tescos are you using? I buy them in Tescos often and they're fine. A bit more expensive than on the street, but usually better quality (and you can always open one and try it ... something that seems to be discouraged around my soi, a bit like East Street market before they saw the light ... or Tescos at E&C!) ... whoops, you mean Tescos in the UK, don't you. If you're in London, try the Thai supermarket on Gerard St., or buy a day pass (or whatever they call it these days) to Nine Elms (New Covent Garden) and you'll find very fresh rambutans at a very decent price ... and pretty much any other Thai fruit/fresh ingredient.

Edited by MarkBKK

Which Tescos are you using? I buy them in Tescos often and they're fine. A bit more expensive than on the street, but usually better quality (and you can always open one and try it ... something that seems to be discouraged around my soi, a bit like East Street market before they saw the light ... or Tescos at E&C!) ... whoops, you mean Tescos in the UK, don't you. If you're in London, try the Thai supermarket on Gerard St., or buy a day pass (or whatever they call it these days) to Nine Elms (New Covent Garden) and you'll find very fresh rambutans at a very decent price ... and pretty much any other Thai fruit/fresh ingredient.

I don't live in London, but its not too much of a trek, I'll check out your suggestions, thank-you