Tough new crackdown on alcohol promotions in Thailand

george

I cant beleive this, are they joking?No drinking is allowed after midnight in bars or restaurants?????????? is going on.

Gonna be empty in the karaokebar down the street , no more till 6 am noise

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant beleive this, are they joking?No drinking is allowed after midnight in bars or restaurants??????????<deleted> is going on.

well the last two cafes I went into were open until 4, but one night the cops did turn up and 12 and close it down, I thought they were trying to bring happiness back, not misery

• Like 2

No more beer girls? What the hell?

Damn I loved eating in the food courts at Big "C" ect for lunch and watching the beer girls wondering around. Never drank at that time but the eye candy spiced up the food.

• Like 1

A good friend works for Diageo putting together launch events in bars, discos and hotels around and about. I guess she will be NOT be out of a job then.

Tax the stuff by alchohol content and this whole discussion becomes moot. Whisky would become too expensive and everyone would drink beer and wine. Problem solved.

What???????? Don't people get drunk on beer and wine?

This will only hurt thai businesses , the drunk people will end up drunk anyway .

Imagine Pattaya Walking street , with these kind of rules implemented. There will be no more customers.

• Like 1

Adverts must include one of five permissible warning messages. According to our translations, they are as follows: Alcohol can cause cancer; alcohol can lower sexual abilities; alcohol may lead to paralysis or death; alcohol is the cause of argument and crime; alcohol damages families and societies.

So now we know what this is all about.

But seriously, they have gone completely overboard!

As long as a bottle of 41% alcohol is taxed lower that a bottle of 12% wine, so that a bottle of whiskey cost less that a bottle of cheap wine, and as long as "white alcohol" or "lao khao" is not effectively eliminated, all this is just stupid activism.

• Like 2

Honestly who gives a shit, as long as i can buy my 5 large LEO a day i dont care.

I do. There is more to the world than me and what I want all the time.

What about those who will be deprived of their jobs, enjoyment, etc?